Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 11/10/2021 at 10:31 AM, HleeCruiser said:

Haven't seen a lot of jogging pants in the MDR on formal night dinner.  Come to think of it,  I have never seen jogging pants in the MDR on formal nights.  Don't you have a pair of Dockers (dark or khaki) and a shirt with a collar?  As someone mentioned you could attend formal night and never get a second look if wearing this attire.  

It's been a few years ago and our only attempt at having a set time and table for 8 - for us and a couple we were cruising with.  One couple never showed up.  The other couple showed up almost every night but weren't at all concerned about what they were wearing.  On formal night he had on sweatpants and a sweatshirt - that came straight from the laundry bag 🙂  They didn't come for the second formal night - I guess his sweatsuit was at the cleaners.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Why is the Part 2 part of this discussion still appearing as a sticky on first page ? Last input was back in June and all information therein must now be obsolete.

Any idea when new web based interface will be released ?

Q 1 - good question.

Q 2 - YGIAGAM.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:37 AM, generichandle said:

A question I cannot seem to get answered. While onboard, can I order food from the MDR and have it delivered to my cabin? Or is it just 'junk food' you can get on DMW?

Suite passengers get access to an expanded room service menu that includes some options from the MDR. Are you sailing in a suite?
And the food options for us lowly non-suite people were pretty good. Caesar Salad, Cobb Salad, Burger, other sandwiches, pizza (for a charge), desserts, etc.  I'd rather order those than do the buffet personally.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rheathslc said:

Suite passengers get access to an expanded room service menu that includes some options from the MDR. Are you sailing in a suite?

I wish. I could live the 'suite life'., but then I would sail once every couple years in stead of 3-4 times for 50 -100 days per year. Nope. 

Your list IS my definition of 'junk food'. And I will far rather use the buffet. Why? Diabetes. Actually, the buffet has more choices a diabetic can select than the MDR. So why my hope that Medallion will let me do the MDR menu. Formal nights. Cannot attend those, and that is the upscale food time. I was simply hoping to get the '+ food' without the clothing hassle. Trust me, you do not want to ask. Neither does CC want you too. 

Hopefully someone, somewhere will be able to point me in the right direction regarding this Medallion app conundrum.  I have 'inherited' an iPhone 6 from my son, my husband does not own a mobile phone. I have no interest in downloading apps etc, or using the mobile to make calls unless it is an emergency, I only have one because without it I cannot do online banking and therefore do not have a monthly contract, I'm just PAYG which costs me about £5/year.

Problem:  Apple no longer 'supports' iPhone 6 so I'm stuck at IOS 12.5 - Medallion app requires IOS 13. I've logged into my account online and tried to provide the required travel information, i.e passport details, travel insurance etc etc but to no avail, the page just directs me over to the Medallion app. So what are my options if any.  I have emailed Princess (and even that was problematic because they are very economical with their contact details apart from the telephone number) but as yet no response. Does anyone know if I can use a 3rd party iPhone to input our details? and does one phone accept two peoples' details??  I can't believe that the only other option is to check in upon arrival at Southampton dock - how do I receive luggage tags etc.  I'm really not bothered about booking meal-times before boarding the ship, it makes far more sense doing it on a daily basis anyway and this I know can be done via the cabin TV. Any suggestions gratefully received.

16 minutes ago, jenwrendorset said:

Hopefully someone, somewhere will be able to point me in the right direction regarding this Medallion app conundrum.  I have 'inherited' an iPhone 6 from my son, my husband does not own a mobile phone. I have no interest in downloading apps etc, or using the mobile to make calls unless it is an emergency, I only have one because without it I cannot do online banking and therefore do not have a monthly contract, I'm just PAYG which costs me about £5/year.

Problem:  Apple no longer 'supports' iPhone 6 so I'm stuck at IOS 12.5 - Medallion app requires IOS 13. I've logged into my account online and tried to provide the required travel information, i.e passport details, travel insurance etc etc but to no avail, the page just directs me over to the Medallion app. So what are my options if any.  I have emailed Princess (and even that was problematic because they are very economical with their contact details apart from the telephone number) but as yet no response. Does anyone know if I can use a 3rd party iPhone to input our details? and does one phone accept two peoples' details??  I can't believe that the only other option is to check in upon arrival at Southampton dock - how do I receive luggage tags etc.  I'm really not bothered about booking meal-times before boarding the ship, it makes far more sense doing it on a daily basis anyway and this I know can be done via the cabin TV. Any suggestions gratefully received.

When are you traveling?

A lot of people are in the same position and PCL is very aware of this.  They plan 

to put the checkin back on the website by the end of the year.  Hopefully.

So, if you’re traveling within the next few months, you can certainly do what you can online and go to the port and they will check you in and get your Medallion.

BTW, you CAN print your luggage tags

and your travel summary from the website, as that has not changed.

Others have traveled recently and can input what else you can do.  Just be sure to have all your documents in order to

checkin. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jenwrendorset said:

In addition to good advice above. Yes you can you someone else's device

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

In addition to good advice above. Yes you can you someone else's device

Couldn’t she just download their passports, photos

and fill out all the required checkin information, say 

on her son’s phone and that would get them ready for port day?  Checkin would be really fast for them.  Just would get them ready and answer a lot of important questions ahead of time.

In the UK, they still have to pick up the Medallion anyway.

Could they use a screenshot of the QR code, that her son could send her?

If not, they can still just go to the port and get it done there. No worries.

Tonna

• Thanks 1

Thank you PacnGoNow and Tedferg for the very welcome news, your assistance is much appreciated. Princess cruises has really got this so wrong and unless corrected they will lose a number of their loyal customers when they realise the hoops they have to jump through just to complete their booking. I'm quite happy to embrace new technology if needs be but I'm not prepared to go out and spend a few hundred pounds on a newer version of my phone which I rarely use. Fortunately our cruise is not until April so with luck PCL may have sorted out their website by then.......that used to work so well so I wonder what bird-brain decided it needed changing!  We're travelling with friends and I know they will be in the same position as us.  It is good to know that I can input our information on my son's phone if necessary but it is not an ideal situation, anyway hopefully it won't be necessary. Again many thanks to you both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenwrendorset said:

Thank you PacnGoNow and Tedferg for the very welcome news, your assistance is much appreciated. Princess cruises has really got this so wrong and unless corrected they will lose a number of their loyal customers when they realise the hoops they have to jump through just to complete their booking. I'm quite happy to embrace new technology if needs be but I'm not prepared to go out and spend a few hundred pounds on a newer version of my phone which I rarely use. Fortunately our cruise is not until April so with luck PCL may have sorted out their website by then.......that used to work so well so I wonder what bird-brain decided it needed changing!  We're travelling with friends and I know they will be in the same position as us.  It is good to know that I can input our information on my son's phone if necessary but it is not an ideal situation, anyway hopefully it won't be necessary. Again many thanks to you both.

Your welcome. Stay safe.

19 hours ago, jenwrendorset said:

The data you input is not stored on the device you used to put it in so it doesn't matter if you use someone else's phone.  What it does with the data is controlled by who's logged in at that time.  That said, as you may have gathered from other posts here, you could be on a correct device and do everything right and still have problems using the app.  If you're not sailing for a while, I suggest you relax for now and wait to see if Princess can get the train wreck that is their current app to do what it's supposed to. 

• Thanks 1

Do we need to add COVID test results/information (for the required COVID test 2 days prior to embarkation) in the medallion app? I have had ongoing/continuous issues with the app (how can Princess put out such a piece of junk? - one of the most poorly rated apps at the google play store) and don't need the hassle/stress of using the app for something as critical and time constraint as the COVID test results.

Also is there anyone at Princess who actually cares about the medallion app problems, if so I'd like the email address. I have already been in slow and ineffective contact with the Carnival medallion help site: askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

We are not sailing till mid January so hopefully Princess will get the online check in up and running at the site prior to our cruise, but if not I need to get the app working.

Edited by BillK400
added info

21 minutes ago, BillK400 said:

Do we need to add COVID test results/information (for the required COVID test 2 days prior to embarkation) in the medallion app? I have had ongoing/continuous issues with the app (how can Princess put out such a piece of junk? - one of the most poorly rated apps at the google play store) and don't need the hassle/stress of using the app for something as critical and time constraint as the COVID test results.

Also is there anyone at Princess who actually cares about the medallion app problems, if so I'd like the email address. I have already been in slow and ineffective contact with the Carnival medallion help site: askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

We are not sailing till mid January so hopefully Princess will get the online check in up and running at the site prior to our cruise, but if not I need to get the app working.

Although the initial release of the Health Status section of MC App did provide for uploading vax proof, that was removed.  Just bring either a hardcopy or electronic doc to check-in.

To add to all the good advice above....

IF you are able to make a Print copy of your Negative covid test result?

I found it easy, to put the Print copy with my Passport & CDC card.

So was ready to show the Tsa/Security, before you enter the waiting area

for Princess checkin. 

(Otherwise I was juggling on the App with Princess site and Test result site)

Others may be better multi-taskers, but I found hard Print copy easiest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

To add to all the good advice above....

IF you are able to make a Print copy of your Negative covid test result?

I found it easy, to put the Print copy with my Passport & CDC card.

So was ready to show the Tsa/Security, before you enter the waiting area

for Princess checkin. 

(Otherwise I was juggling on the App with Princess site and Test result site)

Others may be better multi-taskers, but I found hard Print copy easiest.

Agree.  It's often more convenient to have a hardcopy - even for BP's at the airport. 

I have a miniature size (small postcard) of my vaccine proof and I laminated the PDF print-out with clear packing tape.  Works well for us.

7 hours ago, jenwrendorset said:

I'm quite happy to embrace new technology if needs be but I'm not prepared to go out and spend a few hundred pounds on a newer version of my phone which I rarely use.

I think Medallion App, as distinct from Medallion device, is a good idea poorly thought out and poorly implemented. Princess could also have said, at the very beginning 'Don't sweat it - you can bring hard copy to the pier'. 'Good idea' in that it is nice to pre-order dining times and venues; order drinks to be delivered anywhere on board etc. The emphasis is 'Nice' Princess made it essential ! We too have smart phones simply because DD calls and texts to DW regularly, I don't think anyone else knows our number ! It sits on the kitchen counter most of the time 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:59 AM, generichandle said:

Jogging pants ok?

And I DO eat in buffet on formal nights. But the usually means missing upscale food [lobster, prime rib etc] which are exclusively served on formal nights. 

We’ve had prime rib in the buffet and I was surprised at how good it was.

1 hour ago, diane.in.ny said:

OK ... another question

I am trying to enter our passport information manually but I can't enter a birthdate. I get a calendar showing Nov 2021 but no way to enter a year.

The app is frustrating and should be an option to enter needed info, not the only method. Much easier to use a full size keyboard to enter data needed, but Princess apparently could care less about the customer experience. Very disappointed in the whole process of required use of the app.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, BillK400 said:

The app is frustrating and should be an option to enter needed info, not the only method. Much easier to use a full size keyboard to enter data needed, but Princess apparently could care less about the customer experience. Very disappointed in the whole process of required use of the app.

Today was my first day of giving it a try and have now uninstalled it from my phone. We don't sail until February and I will wait a while to reload it. That said, I have also read that you can do nothing and have techies at the pier take care of it. Just bring paperwork, which I do anyway. So in the end, that will probably be my choice. I refuse to spend hours on hold on the phone or curse out an app. I was a computer programmer and this app is a disgrace.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tere247 said:

We’ve had prime rib in the buffet and I was surprised at how good it was.

It sometimes can be and other times it can be terrible. 

That's why I don't order a large piece any more. I hate to leave it on the plate. 

I would rather send the waiter back for another slice if it does turn out good. 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, jenwrendorset said:

Do not waste your time anymore Jen . Have been through this with the people in charge .Lol.

I also have an I phone 6 and the software is not going to be compatible with the Medallion app.

Also Apple will not be doing anymore updates to this phone I am told because it is too old.

So If you do not want to get a newer phone keep the one  you have.  You will still be able to go on your cruise by either going onto personalizer ( so they say) or if you need assistance call Princess but be prepared to wait on hold for a while.

• Thanks 1