Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

43 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I am unable to save emergency contact info. I have every box filled out, but the save is greyed out. Help! I want my documents section to be done.

Check the phone number fields.  Do you have the "+1" country code default for US/Canada?  Are the phone numbers 10 digits?  Some have reported issues with these boxes.  My own data was kind of scrambled after a recent update when the old data was not properly converted into the new fields.

Edited by Steelers36

10 hours ago, Kmkub said:

I am unable to save emergency contact info. I have every box filled out, but the save is greyed out. Help! I want my documents section to be done.

Mine did that also, it was because I didn't click on the +1 for the phone number.  As soon as I clicked it, I could save the info. 

• Like 1

This must be part of the glitchy/bug complaints I see everywhere.

After many, many tries, I finally got it to take the +1. I was always completing it, it just never "stuck."

Thanks; I'm all set!

• Like 2

😢I've been trying to book specialty restaurant reservations since downloading the cumbersome, not user friendly, Medallion app. I continually get the message: "please check back closer to your journey date...." Considering that my cruise starts this Friday, 12/10, methinks this confirms my negative opinion of Medallion! Any suggestions from another cruiser who has had success? Posted same message on Roll Call board & hope someone can tell me where I'm going wrong or if the app is at fault. 

Meanwhile, I'm so fed up with Princess putting clients on hold for hours that I'll not be booking next years cruise with them-SAD!🤬

I think it is wonderful how people here help one another with how to fix the glitches on the application. It certainly helped me.Sure beats being on the phone waiting for hours only to have someone not be that helpful.I like to hear how the problems get fixed by my fellow Cruise Critic posters.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

I think it is wonderful how people here help one another with how to fix the glitches on the application. It certainly helped me.Sure beats being on the phone waiting for hours only to have someone not be that helpful.I like to hear how the problems get fixed by my fellow Cruise Critic posters.

Sure hope you're correct & someone responds to my post with helpful hints. Meanwhile, this 'elite' level cruiser, with 50+ sailings, who sees perks disappearing will no longer be sailing any of the Carnival owned lines. Princess apparently does not respect their clientele. Phone about your cruise and get placed on forever hold; but select the book a new cruise option and you get a rep in minutes- so SAD! We cruise for relaxation & enjoyment and this experience has been downright frustrating. 

First, apologies if this has been answered by I haven't been following this thread since I was able to successfully update all the required information on both my App and my DH's in August for cruises in March 2022, July 2022 and April 2023. 

Today we just booked a cruise for January 2nd.  I went into my Medallion app and was able to access that cruise and update all my info.  I tried to update my DH's information (he appears as the second in the cabin) and discovered that none of his data carried over from his other cruise records.  So I checked the app on his phone and our original 3 cruises are still there but the new cruise is not.  I logged into his Cruise Personalizer on line.  The cruise with the limited info now kept on the Personalizer was there.

Does anyone have any idea why the App on his phone would not have the record of the new cruise but the App on my phone recognizes him as my traveling companion?  Thanks for the help.

8 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Does anyone have any idea why the App on his phone would not have the record of the new cruise but the App on my phone recognizes him as my traveling companion?  Thanks for the help.

My feelings- poorly designed app, no f/u by Princess to see what problems their passengers are encountering and a we don't care attitude by the corporation who undoubtedly has lost many future bookings- myself included.

2 hours ago, luvdaislands said:

Meanwhile, I'm so fed up with Princess putting clients on hold for hours that I'll not be booking next years cruise with them-SAD!🤬

I found a work around for the "please hold for the next 13.5 hours". I contacted a PVP. He's helped me twice with issues. I email him with my problem and it's fixed almost immediately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I found a work around for the "please hold for the next 13.5 hours".

I think this is another ploy, allowing the developers to report how few support calls they are receiving.

Not as clever as disconnecting the phone number, but still pretty good.

Was it 'peggy' who finally answered?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

I think this is another ploy, allowing the developers to report how few support calls they are receiving.

Not as clever as disconnecting the phone number, but still pretty good.

Was it 'peggy' who finally answered?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ

Several years ago my employer moved our internal helplessdesk to India.  After a year or so the person responsible gave a report on how great the move was because call volume had been reduced.  He wanted everyone to think that was due to efficiency.  In truth it was because people stopped calling and either came up with their own fix or lived with the problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have wasted most of today trying to get the answers to fill out my cruise info on the Medallion application to no prevail. Princess has got to know they have some serious problems with the Medallion application. Information is missing and it won't let me enter it. I'm doing a closed loop  Caribbean tour and want to use my  drivers license and birth certificate as travel documents. It will only allow me to add a  passport. Customer service sends me snap shops that show drop downs that I can do this as in the past. But  I don't have that option  only passport.  Plus I have entered my credit card 3 times saved the info  and closed the application. When I bring the app up again it's gone. It's just frustrating because of the wait time for customer service (I'm sure a lot of it is because of numerous problems with Medallion)  who don't know the answers to my problems and how many bugs  there are in the Medallion application.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, capriccio said:

First, apologies if this has been answered by I haven't been following this thread since I was able to successfully update all the required information on both my App and my DH's in August for cruises in March 2022, July 2022 and April 2023. 

Today we just booked a cruise for January 2nd.  I went into my Medallion app and was able to access that cruise and update all my info.  I tried to update my DH's information (he appears as the second in the cabin) and discovered that none of his data carried over from his other cruise records.  So I checked the app on his phone and our original 3 cruises are still there but the new cruise is not.  I logged into his Cruise Personalizer on line.  The cruise with the limited info now kept on the Personalizer was there.

I engaged a customer service rep via chat which I was only able to access thanks to the now closed thread about locating the chat function

CSR: When was the app last rebooted? 

Me (masquerading as my husband): a couple of months ago when my wife rebooted hers which updated correctly this morning. 

CSR:  Reboot it.  That took 15 excruciatingly slow minutes but she did stay on the line.  No updates made.

CSR:  Let me look on-line at the booking.  She didn't see anything obviously wrong with it.

CSR:  Get back in touch in 1 week if the My Journey section has not updated.

Me:  This isn't acceptable.  We sail in less than 4 weeks.  I know this isn't your fault but please ensure (in my dreams, I know) that your supervisors and, more importantly, the ocean medallion team knows of this problem.

CSR:  Will do. 

I don't hold out much hope.  I may be getting on board (to rush to the Sanctuary) while DH is stuck in the slow lane. 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:14 PM, kristicruise said:

Does anyone know the size of the actual medallion?  Is it the same size as the Apple Air Tag?  I am looking for alternate ways to wear this thing but can not find the actual size of it. Thanks in advance

I ordered the band and it was great $10. Wore it the entire cruise even snorkeling. A bit smaller than the air tag

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

I just got off the regal for 5 days in the Caribbean. Loved the medallion!  We were confused bc once we showed the port guy our passport, vax card and negative test we were sent to board. No stopping at the desk! It was smooth.  On the ship our door unlocked when we approached, no fumbling for cards or leaving them behind. I got the watch type band and wore it the whole time even snorkeling. Play with the app.  You can locate members of your cruise party while on the ship.  We loved the medallion experience 
min on another medallion cruise in June and look forward to the medallion 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, capriccio said:

It can take a day or two for MC App to reflect a new booking made on Princess.com or by a rep in directly in POLAR.  The only other thing I can think of is if somehow something in his Princess profile differs from what was entered into the new booking.

5 hours ago, embpat said:

I have wasted most of today trying to get the answers to fill out my cruise info on the Medallion application to no prevail. Princess has got to know they have some serious problems with the Medallion application. Information is missing and it won't let me enter it. I'm doing a closed loop  Caribbean tour and want to use my  drivers license and birth certificate as travel documents. It will only allow me to add a  passport. Customer service sends me snap shops that show drop downs that I can do this as in the past. But  I don't have that option  only passport.  Plus I have entered my credit card 3 times saved the info  and closed the application. When I bring the app up again it's gone. It's just frustrating because of the wait time for customer service (I'm sure a lot of it is because of numerous problems with Medallion)  who don't know the answers to my problems and how many bugs  there are in the Medallion application.

You might try getting an OCEAN navigator rep on the line.  Call in and ask for that instead of a regular rep.

A positive report:  I helped my older sister upload and enter data into Medallion Class App on her phone today.  She is an experienced Holland American Cruiser but grumbled the entire time she hit every key on her phone.  

Just a few mishaps, but nothing devastating.  I think she got all the way to blue lane.

1.  Could not use camera to upload passport.  Had to do it manually.

2.  First couple of tries to enter emergency contact failed (would not save).  Until she entered +1.  Silly app doesn't tell you what is wrong...so you have to second guess entries.

Ha Ha...just checked my app.  Yellow Lane (from Blue).  #2:  Choose your Medallion wearable has been unchecked on my app.  White Screen of Death.

I've decided that the swirling and whirling is NOT due to my Internet Provider.  It happens even with very very very fast coverage.  It is on the Princess server side.

Edited by cr8tiv1

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The only other thing I can think of is if somehow something in his Princess profile differs from what was entered into the new booking.

This is what I fear.  No update made overnight. I did make sure everything (such as it is) looked okay on the cruise personalizer and it does.  I also made sure that he still is in the green lane (except for the 24 hours in advance health attestation) for our March cruise. He is.

Thanks for all the assistance and encouragement you provide on these Medallion threads!

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It can take a day or two for MC App to reflect a new booking made on Princess.com or by a rep in directly in POLAR.  (Snip...)

FWIW, yesterday morning, our TA booked us a new Princess cruise scheduled in between previously-booked cruises #2 and #3 visible in my MC app.  Just after noon, the new cruise appeared in the app, properly ordered and populated with our data.  Missing for the new cruise was a just the medallion order,, which I proceeded to do.

--Marne

• Like 3

17 hours ago, capriccio said:

Make sure you are doing updates on your phones and you may need to delete the MC app and reinstall it on your phones.

i’ve found when they are doing upgrades

on the MC app, then not everything filters through.  
I would not worry about the later 2022 cruises, just do what you can and leave alone.  Just focus on the Jan 2 cruise

and try my suggestions or those of others.  It fixed any glitches I had.

Good luck!

You can also email CS at Princess if you don’t want to wait on hold.  

2 minutes ago, marne-c said:

FWIW, yesterday morning, our TA booked us a new Princess cruise scheduled in between previously-booked cruises #2 and #3 visible in my MC app.  Just after noon, the new cruise appeared in the app, properly ordered and populated with our data.  Missing for the new cruise was a just the medallion order,, which I proceeded to do.

--Marne

That is as it should be and how it worked for me.  But when it doesn't work, as for my DH, it seems - based on my initial almost 1/2 hour spent with a CSR on Chat - that it is too complex for them to analyze.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Make sure you are doing updates on your phones and you may need to delete the MC app and reinstall it on your phones.

i’ve found when they are doing upgrades

on the MC app, then not everything filters through.  
I would not worry about the later 2022 cruises, just do what you can and leave alone.  Just focus on the Jan 2 cruise

and try my suggestions or those of others.  It fixed any glitches I had.

Good luck!

You can also email CS at Princess if you don’t want to wait on hold.  

There was a new update released on Dec 1/2 approx.  You may have something there - IDK.  I didn't see any visible changes for this release. 

@capriccio, you probably tried this one.  I know I have re-installed App before when things seemed wonky.  Sometimes helped and sometimes didn't.  You were right about @marne-c - it ought to work that smoothly.  Quite frustrating when it doesn't due to the time to contact someone at Princess to get it looked at and fixed.  It seems to me bad piece of data somewhere.  And we never know the root cause. 

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There was a new update released on Dec 1/2 approx.  You may have something there - IDK.  I didn't see any visible changes for this release. 

@capriccio, you probably tried this one.  I know I have re-installed App before when things seemed wonky.  Sometimes helped and sometimes didn't.  You were right about @marne-c - it ought to work that smoothly.  Quite frustrating when it doesn't due to the time to contact someone at Princess to get it looked at and fixed.  It seems to me bad piece of data somewhere.  And we never know the root cause. 

I did notice little glitches here and there, mostly resolving itself.  I did delete and install and it was fixed.  Crazy…