Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

11 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I saw that but did not want to touch anything because I have green check mark 🙂

Has anyone ever considered making a screen-shot once they have a green check mark

...and then display the saved image as needed during boarding?

For entertainment purposes only, I'm not suggesting anyone actually do this, of course...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Has anyone ever considered making a screen-shot once they have a green check mark

...and then display the saved image as needed during boarding?

For entertainment purposes only, I'm not suggesting anyone actually do this, of course...

When we boarded Sky last month no one ever asked to see anything on our app.  I imagine they had everything we had entered on their screen.

On 10/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, Moonarino said:

While the Android-version apps for Celebrity and Royal get 3.8 of 5 stars in the Google Play Store (not all that great themselves), the Princess app gets a whopping 1.5 rating.

On 7/31/2021 at 5:41 PM, barrykel said:

I left a 1 star review in the Android Play Store (only because it wouldn't let you select 0 stars). Overall rating was 1.4 (out of 5) - I was a little surprised it was that high.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, RSS from SF said:

. . . I thought I'd see why the app has a dismal 1.3 star rating on Google Play Store; I'd never actually read any of the user reviews.

-----

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.ocean.compass.medallionclass

Congratulations Princess and MedallionClass app for achieving a NEW LOW: 
1.2  star rating on Google Play Store!

image.thumb.png.5352b26ff2cf2efa90c3157a7e082be5.png

---

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Has anyone ever considered making a screen-shot once they have a green check mark...and then display the saved image as needed during boarding?
(snip)

Mais bien sûr!

...and I posted it above.  

More to the point, I touched-to-enlarge the QR code to full-screen size, then saved a screen shot of that too.

--Marne

Edited by marne-c

This is so sad.  If I were Princess, I would be so embarrassed and ashamed of the app.  These are the remarks I get from agents:

1.  There are glitches.

2.  We are actively working on the (problem).

3.  It is what is it and the direction the world is moving (toward technology).

4.  Delete the app and install the update.

5.  I'm sorry, I can't help you.  What do YOU want me to do.

The list is endless.  All we want from OceanNavigators is a working app.  Is it really that difficult?  And if it is/was, why did they do away with the web based personalizer before they got this to function properly.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Turk1 said:

When uploading the pictures (mainly for security) are they looking for full body or just upper or does it matter as long as you can see the persons face?

Just your face. 

We had our photo's in the system for a few years & now there gone & I can't redo them. 

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Due to the App not yet charging those who are eligible for 50% discount, the pre-cruise price is being offered on-board on Day 1, before increasing to the on-board price.

Ya gotta a source for that useful info? Thanks, many have surely had trouble pre-ordering.

Doug

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

Our passport photos looked fine in the app.  But when we checked in they were cropped on the agent's screen so they had to be rescanned.

I've tried numerous time to enter a new photo into my medallion app by shooting a new photo without any success. I guess I'll wait till I get on the ship.

I am "Green Lane" with the first four green check marks in my app.  The last spot that will need a check mark is the health info.  My cruise is still more than 30 days out.  Am I supposed to complete the health info now and then do it again within 24 hours of embarkation or do I just wait until the day before my sailing to complete the last part?  Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I am "Green Lane" with the first four green check marks in my app.  The last spot that will need a check mark is the health info.  My cruise is still more than 30 days out.  Am I supposed to complete the health info now and then do it again within 24 hours of embarkation or do I just wait until the day before my sailing to complete the last part?  Thanks in advance.

You can do it now or later.  Ours are done for OCT 2022, but I know we have to update it.  I just like to see the Green check marks and if they go away then I look into it and see if something changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Ya gotta a source for that useful info? Thanks, many have surely had trouble pre-ordering.

Doug

Yes - Sr Princess employee(s) - also in writing.  Plus at least two CC posters have indicated this rate on Day 1.

Edited by Steelers36

20 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

-----

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.ocean.compass.medallionclass

Congratulations Princess and MedallionClass app for achieving a NEW LOW: 
1.2  star rating on Google Play Store!

image.thumb.png.5352b26ff2cf2efa90c3157a7e082be5.png

---

I see the App is rated Mature 17+ - just guessing for language....

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes - Sr Princess employee(s) - also in writing.  Plus at least two CC posters have indicated this rate on Day 1.

Roger that. I was fortunate enough to finally order my WiFi well before boarding. Hopefully there will be no issues getting my 50% OBC, I know a few folks had that problem earlier. It's likely all straightened out now......🤞

Doug

• Like 1

I’m in hysterics!  I was able to fill in everything for my sister. A few minor annoyances.  Such as trying to edit Medallion order.  Nothing earth shattering.  

BUT…..my data can’t be loaded on my phone. It was there before.  Ha Ha. 

On 12/13/2021 at 4:58 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

This is so sad.  If I were Princess, I would be so embarrassed and ashamed of the app.  These are the remarks I get from agents:

1.  There are glitches.

2.  We are actively working on the (problem).

3.  It is what is it and the direction the world is moving (toward technology).

4.  Delete the app and install the update.

5.  I'm sorry, I can't help you.  What do YOU want me to do.

The list is endless.  All we want from OceanNavigators is a working app.  Is it really that difficult?  And if it is/was, why did they do away with the web based personalizer before they got this to function properly.

I just don't get how some are having such a difficult time with something that most of us have are having no issues at all.

2 hours ago, Grego said:

I just don't get how some are having such a difficult time with something that most of us have are having no issues at all.

The only real issues I've had were my Iphone/IOS not being up to speed, the Dismbarkation Group page not being available and occasional server issues.  None were insurmountable.   

2 hours ago, Grego said:

There are still some of us who are still having problems to various degrees.

I couldn't get just about anything loaded into the app until I contacted Princess & they did something to partially correct the situation. I still have missing fields but nothing that will keep me from quickly boarding, such as a photo of my passport, face photo, etc.

At least I'm in the green line now and could order my medallions. 

My though is that it has to do with the type & vintage of phone that your using. There are just to many variables. 

2 hours ago, Grego said:

In my experience from 30 years in the IT field, that looks like inadequate QA prior to release.  Where Princess really burnt their bridge was removing functions like Ocean Ready from the Web site.  Had they left it there they would have provided an alternative for both those who had issues with the app and those who prefer not to use a smartphone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/11/2021 at 8:33 PM, kiwimum said:

You can also order specific types of pillows in the app, feather, synthetic, hypoallergenic, soft, firm and they are delivered by room steward.    Nightly turn down service is another option.   

Where were you able to find the option to order specific pillows and turn down service in the app?  I can't find that option.

30 minutes ago, Don9992 said:

In my experience from 30 years in the IT field, that looks like inadequate QA prior to release.  Where Princess really burnt their bridge was removing functions like Ocean Ready from the Web site.  Had they left it there they would have provided an alternative for both those who had issues with the app and those who prefer not to use a smartphone. 

It seems at the programmers just simply discarded the fact that some of the Princess cruisers will never convert to using a smart phone. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grego said:

And therein lies the problem!  I am also one of the fortunate ones with the app but realize there are definitely bugs in the system!  There seems to be little rhyme or reason for the disparity in results when people try to use the app.  I am crossing my fingers that my onboard experience matches my pre-cruise experience.  Too many stories of people having app issues once they are onboard.😩