Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

I have a issue where my medallion app lets me log in with my current booking number but once I’m in it still uses a cancelled booking number rather than current valid booking number.  So I can’t add in passport, and other needed info.  I had to call medallion number, they said it could take 3-5 days to fix, anyone else ever experienced this issue ?

1 minute ago, Moxiefurball said:

I have a issue where my medallion app lets me log in with my current booking number but once I’m in it still uses a cancelled booking number rather than current valid booking number.  So I can’t add in passport, and other needed info.  I had to call medallion number, they said it could take 3-5 days to fix, anyone else ever experienced this issue ?

After a cancellation, it does take a few days to correct and populate into the downloaded App.

The biggest mistake, is people try to rush this by adding, linking, registering etc, causing more issues.

Don’t do anything. It should correct itself.

You will know, when you’re able to use your NEW booking number. Unless, you have a totally different issue.  IDK

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

My iOS update added the “Onboard Packages” option which when selecting it takes me to the Cruise Personalizer to search for packages…not a great help.

38 minutes ago, ATL_Miami_Cruiser said:

New 4.9 iOS app update available. Take screenshots of your dining reservations and other items before updating!

Screenshot 2023-02-20 at 2.22.52 PM.jpeg

Yep. My DMW still intact all bookings.

Looks like just an update of the Plus and Premier packages and a payment and packages button.  Takes you to the cruise personalizer for that cruise (actually works) and a FAQ, plus a push to buy one of the packages.

NOTHING about the coffee package or the soda package.  😳

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 4:11 PM, wowzz said:

Hmm - I guess you are not a Princess fan. As you are never going to cruise with Princess again, after one cruise,  why carry on posting on this forum ? 

Didn't know that only positive comments are welcomed.  Maybe don't read my posts if they bother you.

• Like 1

App log-in issues.

So, I don't know who to contact to fix this.  I deleted and reloaded the Medallion app to make sure I have the correct app.  I have not sailed Princess since Medallion.  I had to cancel my last Princess cruise at the last minute so I never got a chance to try it out.  When I try to log-in, it says my log-in information is wrong but it's clearly not since I have no problem logging in on the website.  

I can access my reservation using the booking number but then, it'll just randomly kick me out.  

Can anybody help me out or refer me to who to contact to try to resolve this?  I use Android.  I see someone mentioned a web-based version of the app?  

Thanks!

Jennifer

31 minutes ago, JennJ99738 said:

App log-in issues.

So, I don't know who to contact to fix this.  I deleted and reloaded the Medallion app to make sure I have the correct app.  I have not sailed Princess since Medallion.  I had to cancel my last Princess cruise at the last minute so I never got a chance to try it out.  When I try to log-in, it says my log-in information is wrong but it's clearly not since I have no problem logging in on the website.  

I can access my reservation using the booking number but then, it'll just randomly kick me out.  

Can anybody help me out or refer me to who to contact to try to resolve this?  I use Android.  I see someone mentioned a web-based version of the app?  

Thanks!

Jennifer

You can access your cruise on the website which provides an alternative to doing it on the phone app. Go to this page on Princess.com and log in. Get Ready for Your Princess® Cruise - Princess Cruises". Scroll to the a bit and you'll see "Do not have a compatible device? Try our web version. It worked for me while they were updating the app a few weeks ago.  

Edited by gmcwalker

8 minutes ago, gmcwalker said:

You can access your cruise on the website which provides an alternative to doing it on the phone app. Go to this page on Princess.com and log in. Get Ready for Your Princess® Cruise - Princess Cruises". Scroll to the bottom and you'll see "Do not have a compatible device? Try our web version. It worked for me while they were updating the app a few weeks ago.  

Thank you. This didn't work either.  I was able to log on but when I tried to link the booking, it said "this booking has already been claiimed." What does that mean?  This is crazy.  The app constantly crashes, I can't do anything.  I'm starting to get really frustrated.  

On 2/20/2023 at 1:27 PM, Bill B said:

I found (by accident) that if I went 'back' (<) on my phone, things that had appeared - like the Passage Contract - would disappear, the 'Save' box on the app would change shading... and it would work!

Try it.

Thanks, tried this but - just to be sure I'm doing this correctly - I fill in all the fields under 'Information' - but the save button is still greyed out.

I've discovered that as we're in a Club Mini Suite we can board at any time so I'm not stressing over that bit but it would be nice to be able to input all our info.

This thread - all 3 parts - must be the longest running with the most problems in the history of cruise critic.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JennJ99738 said:

Thank you. This didn't work either.  I was able to log on but when I tried to link the booking, it said "this booking has already been claiimed." What does that mean?  This is crazy.  The app constantly crashes, I can't do anything.  I'm starting to get really frustrated.  

Perhaps you have not seen any of the many admonishments on here to never attempt to use "Link a Booking".  If you cannot login to the Medallion App (smartphone or web version), enter your Name, Birthdate and Booking Number as the alternate login process.  Also, try logging in to Princess.com with your email address and pswd and then update your pswd to something new.  Wait a day or so and try the new login using the App.  If you are still stuck, contact Princess rep and see if they can see anything wrong in your account.  Sometimes guests have found they actually have two or more Captain's Circle Member numbers.  Or their Birthdate is incorrect in the System. 

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Perhaps you have not seen any of the many admonishments on here to never attempt to use "Link a Booking".  If you cannot login to the Medallion App (smartphone or web version), enter your Name, Birthdate and Booking Number as the alternate login process.  Also, try logging in to Princess.com with your email address and pswd and then update your pswd to something new.  Wait a day or so and try the new login using the App.  If you are still stuck, contact Princess rep and see if they can see anything wrong in your account.  Sometimes guests have found they actually have two or more Captain's Circle Member numbers.  Or their Birthdate is incorrect in the System. 

You're quite right. I didn't see that in the 189 pages of the thread.  My bad. 😲 I'll give your suggestions a shot.  Thank you!

ETA: I used my booking number and got in and then clicked on "cruise personalizer' and it took me back to the regular Pricess website booking summary page!  I'm exasperated! I can't do anything with respect to my upcoming cruise.  

Edited by JennJ99738
update
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, JennJ99738 said:

You're quite right. I didn't see that in the 189 pages of the thread.  My bad. 😲 I'll give your suggestions a shot.  Thank you!

ETA: I used my booking number and got in and then clicked on "cruise personalizer' and it took me back to the regular Pricess website booking summary page!  I'm exasperated! I can't do anything with respect to my upcoming cruise.  

Not sure why you clicked on that, but it did what it should have done.  Try doing things in the App once you are in, like checking your profile, your passport and photo info, etc.  I am avoiding going into specifics as I know there has been some design changes and I don't have a booking to utilize the App with at present.

🤞  Given all of the issues I've had with the MedallionClass / Princess app, in fear and trepidation this morning I decided to check out the latest update.  It still won't let me in using a password, but I was able to access my upcoming cruise using the booking number.  I went to the MedallionPay Payment Methods section and - woohoo! 👏 - was able to DELETE the Shoreside "authorized" credit card.  I have my suspicions that doing so is likely going to create issues further down the line but, given that this was one aspect of the MedallionClass app that concerned me from the outset, I am relieved to see it is now an option.  (To be fair, it may have been introduced in an earlier update, but this was the first time I've seen it.)  I'm glad to be able to post a positive comment about the app for a change.

• Like 1

For the online version I use a clunky method but it works. I don't ever try to "link" a booking as that doesn't work for anybody. I also don't hassle with using my booking number to log in. On the page that offers to link the booking I hit "cancel" and then it takes me to a regular login screen. I enter my info and it barfs me back to the stupid "link" screen. I again hit "cancel" and it again takes me to a regular login screen. When I enter my info the second time it logs in fine. Princess IT never fails to amaze me with their ineptitude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

For the online version I use a clunky method but it works. I don't ever try to "link" a booking as that doesn't work for anybody. I also don't hassle with using my booking number to log in. On the page that offers to link the booking I hit "cancel" and then it takes me to a regular login screen. I enter my info and it barfs me back to the stupid "link" screen. I again hit "cancel" and it again takes me to a regular login screen. When I enter my info the second time it logs in fine. Princess IT never fails to amaze me with their ineptitude.

Yeah but I have no option. When I try to long in with ID and password it tells me it is no good and won’t even recognize my ID. Have 5 cruises working ok on the app and one that will not come up even when I log in using that booking number. Yes it logs in using it but will not show up. Hoping after my March cruise I can get this solved but not going to muck with it since all is good on the app for the March cruise

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yeah but I have no option. When I try to long in with ID and password it tells me it is no good and won’t even recognize my ID. Have 5 cruises working ok on the app and one that will not come up even when I log in using that booking number. Yes it logs in using it but will not show up. Hoping after my March cruise I can get this solved but not going to muck with it since all is good on the app for the March cruise

Sounds like something is corrupt in one of the bookings.

Maybe after your March cruise, if it’s still an issue, IT can fix it?

A360ad7@carnival.com

I mean really Princess. All excited for our Sept 2023 med cruise on Sky but the medallion app  wow what is wrong with this thing.  ?? I cannot get into the area to put in my passport info, and other info they wanted.. it keeps circling around and around.  Does it not work at night, is this going to be a constant theme ?
also is the regular medallion with lanyard free or is there a charge .. 

32 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

I mean really Princess. All excited for our Sept 2023 med cruise on Sky but the medallion app  wow what is wrong with this thing.  ?? I cannot get into the area to put in my passport info, and other info they wanted.. it keeps circling around and around.  Does it not work at night, is this going to be a constant theme ?
also is the regular medallion with lanyard free or is there a charge .. 

You just have to be patient, keep trying, and one day it will all be where it belongs.  It's not you, it's Princess.  Double-check all your details to make sure nothing is causing any problems, then just keep trying.  You can read on this thread all about the issues people have and how they solved the problems.  IF you can stand it.  The whole system is utterly ridiculous.

Edited by jsn55
clarity