Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

5 hours ago, realtrip said:

We have a similar issue, but with birthdates. I am traveling with my husband for a transatlantic.  Then he is getting off the ship and my best friend is joining me for a 7 day cruise. I got to keep the same cabin. Yay. The glitch is that when I put in hubby's birthdate, it applies to my friend's birthdate and when I change one, the other changes. So basically, they seem to have the same birthdate. On our invoice, all is good. IT cannot seem to fix the issue with the app.

It is obvious to me that the OCEAN IT Team never allowed for Guest A to sail B2B with Guest B the first voyage and different Guest C the second voyage.  Probably a quite rare situation, so I wouldn't lose sleep waiting for them to fix it.  They still have not fixed some issues which have been around for up to two years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It is obvious to me that the OCEAN IT Team never allowed for Guest A to sail B2B with Guest B the first voyage and different Guest C the second voyage.  Probably a quite rare situation, so I wouldn't lose sleep waiting for them to fix it.  They still have not fixed some issues which have been around for up to two years.

Definitely sounds like a fringe use case - I’m sure any fix would be pretty low on the priority list.

Just off the Majestic Alaska cruise. The ap worked fine until we boarded the ship. I could open the ap but could not scroll for selection. Had the same problem with my wife's phone. We asked for help but the answer was our phone was too slow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rudy888 said:

Just off the Majestic Alaska cruise. The ap worked fine until we boarded the ship. I could open the ap but could not scroll for selection. Had the same problem with my wife's phone. We asked for help but the answer was our phone was too slow.

Once on board we just log off and then log on using name and cabin number. Works every time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rudy888 said:

Thanks,

Why couldn't the Medsllion desk tell me that.

'Cause half the app support peeps the first few days of a cruise are dancers in the production shows.  I guess this is better than having pax standing in line forever and creating a negative image.  They greet you nicely, especially since you've been in to see them 6 times already, and fool with your phone for a bit.  Then they turn you over to one guy who is obviously IT, and he fixes it.  You have to prod him to tell you what was wrong and how he fixed it.  You need this information to deal with the next problem.  Any information that you want to be sure the ship has about you needs to be given directly to the Guest Services people to enter into your record.  The app is great fun but not to be trusted, even with dinner reservations.  😝

Edited by jsn55
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pickels said:

NO LONGER VALID!

6 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

After more than two years, not so surprising. Thanks for noting this. 🙂

When calling in to the main Princess number, the phone tree options provide help for Ocean Now, DMW and so forth.

• Thanks 2

New question (as far as I can tell):

My husband's Medallion App does not show anything but a blank page for "Shore Excursions." Mine is correct. I had him log out, uninstall, and reinstall. Still nothing. I will have him call but my experience with calling Princess is long wait times and limited help on IT. Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, Firefly74 said:

New question (as far as I can tell):

My husband's Medallion App does not show anything but a blank page for "Shore Excursions." Mine is correct. I had him log out, uninstall, and reinstall. Still nothing. I will have him call but my experience with calling Princess is long wait times and limited help on IT. Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Did they completely remove ShoreEx from the Cruise Personalizer?  Have you looked there?  Try calling early in the morning, but not Mondays.

4 hours ago, ebeluga said:

@Steelers36 Hi, do you know if the wifi package plan rate is still offered on board after the first day, i.e. whatever days left on the voyage: #of days left x $15 (x 50% elite discount)? Or is it per day price after the first day?

Thanks!

All reports indicate that if you book the balance of the voyage, the rate is $15/day.  Less than that would be the single day rate - which may still be $20 (uncertain if went up to $25, say).  The Elite/Platinum discount always applies.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Did they completely remove ShoreEx from the Cruise Personalizer?  Have you looked there?  Try calling early in the morning, but not Mondays.

Nope. His flashes the words “Shore Excursions” and then whites out. My works perfectly.

• Thanks 1

Is this for questions about the app? It works well for us usually but I could not get it to take my Visa card for my wife. I have the same one for me. I am not sure if I need to contact Princess or my bank. I put our Mastercard in there and it worked but the Mastercard keeps getting blocked when we travel so we want to use the Visa. I was trying to add it for on board purchases for her. Says it is an invalid number but it is not.

3 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Is this for questions about the app? It works well for us usually but I could not get it to take my Visa card for my wife. I have the same one for me. I am not sure if I need to contact Princess or my bank. I put our Mastercard in there and it worked but the Mastercard keeps getting blocked when we travel so we want to use the Visa. I was trying to add it for on board purchases for her. Says it is an invalid number but it is not.

Double check to make certain you don't have a spaces between any of the numbers....and especially no floating space before or after the digits.  Good luck!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

If you are having trouble with preferred CC and you are otherwise good-to-go, you can present a different CC at check-in and that will become the one on cabin folio for charges.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

I didn't enter a card for my wife separately. I did all the setup on my phone. I entered my credit card number and then checked the box for her to be an authorized user. That's it. I think people keep trying to do separate setups and the system doesn't like having the card entered twice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I didn't enter a card for my wife separately. I did all the setup on my phone. I entered my credit card number and then checked the box for her to be an authorized user. That's it. I think people keep trying to do separate setups and the system doesn't like having the card entered twice.

Yes, it won't even accept the same credit card number for a separate booking on the same cruise. I tried to put my credit card in for other family members cabins and it won't take it and says "invalid credit card number". Same cc number that I had just entered for my booking. 

• Thanks 3

Security and Privacy of Medallion
I have a lot of questions / concerns about how well our personal information is protected, the measures they have in place for theft, and so on.  I spent many years of my career in IT Security, so my default is 'distrust'.  Plus, all the problems reported with this App don't inspire confidence.  I'm struggling with it now.
Some specific questions.  What is the effective range?  When people crowd around a retail cash register, how does the staff know which person's account is being charged?  If it's stolen, how does the cruise line prevent spurious charges? 

19 hours ago, Thrak said:

I ended up removing the Visa from the app on my phone and adding it to the app on hers. It gave me the option of making me an authorized user. Then I deleted the mastercard. It did not give me the option of making her an authorized user in the app on my phone. Maybe she is considered the primary for purposes of the app? I made the booking, but this is our third cruise in a row using the app so maybe on the first one she was the primary and it stuck. Doesn't matter because it is fixed and I know what to do next time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dbld777 said:

Yes, it won't even accept the same credit card number for a separate booking on the same cruise. I tried to put my credit card in for other family members cabins and it won't take it and says "invalid credit card number". Same cc number that I had just entered for my booking. 

They could make a more meaningful message than "invalid card number". How about, "card number already in use by another member of your party" or something like that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1