The Daily for Monday Jun 28, 2021

richwmn

40 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

God bless Claudio! You can hardly see all the waxy spots!!

0628211603b.jpg

YIPPEE 🙂. What did he use on it out of curiosity - do you know?  So glad it is fixed 👍 

• Like 9

It is a well established fact that Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox created Minnesota's 10,000 lakes as their footprints filled in with water. 

We enjoy visiting HMC and usually get a clamshell. I find I am always hungry for the BBQ after swimming in the ocean!  Early morning approach to HMC in 2002 - 

445869040_DSC00580(3).thumb.JPG.fc185469383fd983897ce8ea9b8db934.JPG

The Nieuw Amsterdam impersonating Spiny Norman at HMC in 2012. I was not aware that the Piranha Brothers were sailing with us... 

209973169_DSC_0580(2).thumb.JPG.677f2d4af7ddba25f941b2d8f96a649f.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

It has been a hot one today.  We had a cold supper!  

My precious tender fuchsia that I nursed through the winter by bringing it inside every time we were threatened with a freeze, has been cooked by this heat!  I have now brought it inside and I'm spritzing  it every half hour - some of it is reviving, but I think I will lose a lot of it.  Many frizzled flowers!

IMG_5788.thumb.JPG.5d014ec70f3d0b85ee250fc5f511e214.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm glad to hear that some breezes will be coming our way.  The air has been absolutely still, making this heat even worse.  

Just heard from DD that the x-rays showed DGS isn't healed enough yet so will have to have a new cast for another 2 weeks.  I feel so bad for him, and this is the first time he's been upset about it since he broke his arm a month ago. They'd been planning a beach get-away today to get out of this heat too.  

Oh...that's a shame.  It's hard to have a cast in the summer, and he was probably so excited to be getting it off -- so doubly disappointed.  But kids are resilient.  The lil guy will bounce back.  

Wishing you and yours all the best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the daily postings, photos and humour.

Last evening enough snow fell to cover our deck, heavier snow on the higher suburbs, caused cancellation of some bus services.   Several highways closed. Today snow is gradually clearing,Temperature 6 C.

Take care everyone

Most highways have now reopened.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12

12 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Hi!  Does anyone on the Daily live in San Francisco or visited there enough to recommend restaurants?  I posted on what I thought was the right forum but have gotten no response.

In San Francisco we have eaten cioppino twice at Soto Mare (hope I spelled it right) it’s in the little Italy section of the city.  The cioppino is great but you will waddle out of there and you will need to walk all of it off.  Also for lunch Swan Oyster depot, get in line early and bring cash as that’s all they take.  These are both seafood based so hope you are seafood people.   Linda.  Happy eating

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zigdilcru said:

In San Francisco we have eaten cioppino twice at Soto Mare (hope I spelled it right) it’s in the little Italy section of the city.  The cioppino is great but you will waddle out of there and you will need to walk all of it off.  Also for lunch Swan Oyster depot, get in line early and bring cash as that’s all they take.  These are both seafood based so hope you are seafood people.   Linda.  Happy eating

Thanks so much for your reply!  The Swan Oyster Depot sounds interesting.  Do you have any Chinese recommendations in Chinatown? 

23 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thanks so much for your reply!  The Swan Oyster Depot sounds interesting.  Do you have any Chinese recommendations in Chinatown? 

The family is researching that now as we are flying down to San Francisco after our Alaska cruise in September. Have not eaten Chinese but had read before our last to trips to the city that China town is not the greatest for the food and it has moved to other areas of the city, don’t know if that is true or not but DD found a place we will likely try called Hong Kong Lounge looks like the dim sum is interesting. Google it and take a look at the menu. It will be a bit of a trek we plan on staying around Union Square so taxi or Uber.   Good luck on your trip we have a soft spot for San Francisco.  Linda

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zigdilcru said:

DD found a place we will likely try called Hong Kong Lounge looks like the dim sum is interesting

Thank you, I’ll check it out. We are looking for Dim Sum. It’s been decades since I’ve been there so was hoping for recommendations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily postings, photos and humour.

Last evening enough snow fell to cover our deck, heavier snow on the higher suburbs, caused cancellation of some bus services.   Several highways closed. Today snow is gradually clearing,Temperature 6 C.

Take care everyone

Most highways have now reopened.

We could do with a bit of your weather! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Hi!  Does anyone on the Daily live in San Francisco or visited there enough to recommend restaurants?  I posted on what I thought was the right forum but have gotten no response.

I was going to add to what others said and recommend a night at Beach Blanket Babylon. So I checked their website to see if they are open (and still around). So sorry to hear they closed just before Covid hit.🥴 

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/theater/sf-treasure-beach-blanket-babylon-to-close-after-45-years

I have to say, I’m no fan of the theater, but that show was the best I have seen. I throughly enjoyed it. I only went as my friends wanted to go, and we had flown up for a millinery cum art exhibit at the Legion of Honor. I fully expected to fall asleep ( my theater MO), but nope, I didn’t and wanted more when it was over.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@Sharon in AZ  It's been a while since we were in San Francisco, but Xiao Loong Restaurant (http://www.xiaoloong.com/) was terrific in August 2019. I went with friends who are long-time residents and who know their food. You might check out Yelp or a similar site to see how it is currently thought of.

On the same trip, we went to Zuni Cafe and had their roast chicken. Yes, it is that good.

There is so much good food in SF. Bon appetit!

-Cat

• Like 2

14 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Be sure you are getting enough salt.....

That could be it too, I don't think I had much all day other than cans of soda, popsicles, and ice cream, all of which I don't normally consume.  Probably wasn't a good idea.