Embassy Suites vs. Riverside Hotel

cheriberi

I am currently booked at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights pre-cruise in February 2022. After reading several negative reviews, I am considering cancelling and booking the Riverside Hotel. I am wondering if there are any stores close to the Riverside where I can pick up some wine & other last minute necessities. Any other suggestions on nearby attractions would also be appreciated. Thank you.

One other thing to consider is Amazon locker or shipping Amazon to the hotel.  There are also wine delivery stores in Fort Lauderdale.   I sell to Europeans who winter in south Florida and often send their packages to the hotels.  

We love the Riverside Hotel for the Riverwalk and the restaurants and stores along Las Olas Blvd.

There is a CVS pharmacy less than a 10 minute walk away where we pick up wine and any other cruise necessities.

• Like 2

We stayed at ES about four years ago.  Very good location.   We had stayed there on other occasions.

At that time our room was dark, the furnishings had seen much better days.   We swore off this particular ES until they renovated the rooms and brought the place up to standard.

In our opinion,  rooms are in desperate need of a complete reno as well as being grossly overpriced compared to similar properties in much, much better condition.

Don't why people keep going there and paying those rates?  Is it the so called 'free breakfast' or 'complementary happy hour?  Or meeting new friends at the elevator as you all  wait patiently for one to arrive?

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Since you are staying two nights, I would absolutely chose the Riverside.  You are downtown with lots of things to do.  The water taxi stops right there, the Carrie B sightseeing boat is a block away, museums are nearby and there are lots of shops, galleries and restaurants.

• Like 1

If you decide to book the Riverside, sign up for their deals.  It saved me $20 more than my AAA rate would have been.  I booked them for a before/after cruise night in December.  It'll be my first time there, but the price couldn't be beat for the location and all of the good reviews that I have seen here.  

On 6/29/2021 at 10:58 PM, cheriberi said:

I am currently booked at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights pre-cruise in February 2022. After reading several negative reviews, I am considering cancelling and booking the Riverside Hotel. I am wondering if there are any stores close to the Riverside where I can pick up some wine & other last minute necessities. Any other suggestions on nearby attractions would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Riverside has everything nearby.  It is an under the radar hotel.  Also if on a reduced budget Riverside can offer slightly smaller rooms at a reduced price.  Food/Drinks are good value and reasonably priced.

We are also looking at Riverside for 7/9/21.  Seems nice.  Lots of good reviews but not many reviews from pre-cruisers.  We would only be there one night.  We arrive in FLL around 3 p.m.  We have stayed in Dania Beach before (Springhill Suites) and it was ok.  One main consideration is that my husband is vegan and gluten-free.  

33 minutes ago, casone said:

We are also looking at Riverside for 7/9/21.  Seems nice.  Lots of good reviews but not many reviews from pre-cruisers.  We would only be there one night.  We arrive in FLL around 3 p.m.  We have stayed in Dania Beach before (Springhill Suites) and it was ok.  One main consideration is that my husband is vegan and gluten-free.  

RIVERSIDE is able to assist with all dietary requirements.  Just let them know in advance and they will construct a bespoke menu.

• Haha 1

We’ve stayed at the Riverside for our last 4 cruises. The location can’t be beat as there are many restaurants around. We also walked to the CVS Pharmacy for some wine and snacks for our room. The restaurant in the hotel is very reasonable for breakfast. Love watching the activity on the waterway as you’re relaxing by their heated pool.

• Thanks 1

I would for sure pick the Riverside over the Embassy Suites.  We just stayed there in May.  That said I am not sure if there is a lace to buy wine close by.  You could call the hotel and ask.  There are lots of bars/restaurants within walking distance

On 6/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, cheriberi said:

I would recommend that you consider staying at the Riverside hotel (new wing).  Las Olas Blvd. has so many great and interesting shops and restaurants.  The hotel also has a pool is on the riverwalk, and has a nice bar and restaurant.  We love to come a day or two prior to our cruise to enjoy the area-  It is a short Uber ride to the pier and worth the extra few minutes to get to and from the hotel from the airport and cruise terminal.   Enjoy

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all your recommendations for the Riverside Hotel. Based on all the positive comments, I have just reserved our room for 2 nights prior to our cruise in February. This hotel looks amazing & I am looking forward to our stay. 

• Like 1