MASSIVE Price Drops on Coco Cay

I think they should have one over-the-water cabin raffled off. Do something like, one ticket for $5 and each cabin can buy up to four tickets or whatever. That way people can fantasize about maybe getting lucky and having a small chance at the experience even if they normally can't afford it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't understand why people would pay more to rent a cabana for a few hours than they paid for the cruise to get them there.

Same here, but a lot of people love them.  We go to Chill Beach, grab a free lounger and umbrella and we are good

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

offer no value......no matter how some can easily afford them

They obviously DO offer a value for those who can afford them.  Privacy being one of them and a dedicated waiter another.  That may not be a value to you but it doesn't mean it isn't to someone else.  If I had a extra couple of grand and nothing to spend it on, I'd book one in a heartbeat, in the meantime we settle for just entrance to Beach club.  I have my eye on those big beds up by the bar.  We got the pass on sale BTW for $58.99 each.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Moltar said:

Spot on. Enjoy your vacation, stop criticizing what prople choose to buy and do on their vacation 

Dude, I think you quoted the wrong poster, A & L agrees with you, he was quoting another poster who was critical....oh maybe you were agreeing....hard to tell

Edited by BecciBoo

8 hours ago, coldflame said:

A colleague (pre-covid) went to Tahiti with his fiancé, he paid less than half as much ($549) per night in an exclusive 5-star all-Cabana hotel than the cost of an over-water cabanas for 8 hours. To be clear, to each their own and how they spend their money is their business, I'm simply saying I just don't see the value proposition of such big premium on these amenities in Coco Cay.

And flights to Papeete from my home airport are around $1,800 RT. For our group of 7, that would be $12,600. Then 3 rooms at $549 a night would be $1,647 a night. So, 7 days in Tahiti (to compare with our cruise) would be $24,129.

$1,699 for a day in an overwater cabana while on a 7 day cruise is a bargain compared to Tahiti.

Thanks for the comparison. If and when we book another cruise, I won't feel so bad booking an overwater cabana again.

Edited by cured
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I don't understand why people would pay more to rent a cabana for a few hours than they paid for the cruise to get them there.

For many people they have the $$$$, it’s a special occasion, once in a lifetime cruise, etc. There are many reasons. I think if that’s what someone wants then go for it. It will make their cruise all that much more special.  🛳 🍹

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Depending on what or how one drinks, the drink package can be quite a value.  The cabanas, at those price ranges, offer no value......no matter how some can easily afford them. 

If someone pays for a cabana it easily has value to them.

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For you perhaps.

For someone who is always observant of melanoma, the cabana price can be money well spent. Especially if one wants to enjoy the experience, with out extra risk. 

It all depends on an individual’s priorities. 

Yes melanoma is a good reason. Mike has had a problem with that.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Dude, I think you quoted the wrong poster, A & L agrees with you, he was quoting another poster who was critical....oh maybe you were agreeing....hard to tell

He was agreeing with A & L.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

They always seem to be able to rationalize it at any price.  My favorite is, "We use it as a home base". I hope the beach bags and towels enjoy their stay.

• Like 1

"And flights to Papeete from my home airport are around $1,800 RT. For our group of 7, that would be $12,600. Then 3 rooms at $549 a night would be $1,647 a night. So, 7 days in Tahiti (to compare with our cruise) would be $24,129.

$1,699 for a day in an overwater cabana while on a 7 day cruise is a bargain compared to Tahiti." - Cured.

Wow. Now that's alot of money!!! 24K!!!!

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 3

I think that is still too much for us.  We are a party of 2.  I can see how it may be good for our entire family, with shade for the babes, meeting place etc.  

We try to keep a lid on expenses so we can cruise more😊

Edited by TinkBellaMom

15 hours ago, cured said:

And flights to Papeete from my home airport are around $1,800 RT. For our group of 7, that would be $12,600. Then 3 rooms at $549 a night would be $1,647 a night. So, 7 days in Tahiti (to compare with our cruise) would be $24,129.

$1,699 for a day in an overwater cabana while on a 7 day cruise is a bargain compared to Tahiti.

Thanks for the comparison. If and when we book another cruise, I won't feel so bad booking an overwater cabana again.

Because you don't go with 12 people to Tahiti as it's not a "family vacation" spot. But OK if you want to strawman my comparison to feel better about your choices go ahead.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For you perhaps.

For someone who is always observant of melanoma, the cabana price can be money well spent. Especially if one wants to enjoy the experience, with out extra risk. 

It all depends on an individual’s priorities. 

I've had melanoma and other skin cancers so I'm very careful, but I don't see how an over the water cabana provides that much protection.  Unless you stay well inside, the sun's rays reflect off of the water and it's still possible to get very burnt.  If you want to enjoy the beach and water the only really effective protection is SPF clothing/swimwear and lots of sunscreen.

Right now with a group of two a cabana makes no sense. Now when they return to having multiple full ships in port it may be worthwhile.

If you have a large group, a cabana always makes sense at the current day pass pricing.

Right now only three of the beach club overwater cabanas are being used. All by maxed out groups.

Beach club is fairly dead right now. It was a ghost town for the first hour and a half. Below are from the first hour and a half. Right now maybe 1/4 of the available chairs are full.

8642251E-E21D-4A2A-8CEC-A2AE8E0DDB86.jpeg

0FB02076-0A71-4992-917A-1F9A21600A64.jpeg

ACC020AF-FC38-419F-81F4-2886052E8D99.jpeg

24654103-CDCC-4C2D-9296-96E6650D458A.jpeg

3F0A651D-8CF4-4B49-AB18-A5779C38B78A.jpeg

Edited by wreckem2013
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mek said:

I've had melanoma and other skin cancers so I'm very careful, but I don't see how an over the water cabana provides that much protection.  Unless you stay well inside, the sun's rays reflect off of the water and it's still possible to get very burnt.  If you want to enjoy the beach and water the only really effective protection is SPF clothing/swimwear and lots of sunscreen.

That’s exactly your thought process. It works for you. 

On 7/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

From our cruise on the Adventure a couple of weeks ago. Broiled lobster waterfront dining. 

image.png.fbe269e83800f5417da49f9c26bd5a09.png

image.png.7ede64fabd143b384f8753f720c88f52.png

image.png.a3c580a5d8f7769422745ef1d74ba73f.png

image.png.2425864f05cf62201f1936820633d800.png

image.png.895dd97d5e34f4d4721fe38568f5aada.png

image.png.7eadc2c2a856e94d81c135735e671f85.png

• Like 2

I am a fan of cabanas.  I make a choice to rent them on cruises and on Vegas trips.  My money, my choice.  If the value isn't there for you, make a different choice and don't worry so much about the choices others make.  It truly is not that hard...though some people do their best to complain about how other spend their money.

• Like 6

On 7/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, ticketsunlimited said:

Our cruise on Oasis 9/19 out of Bayonne we were able to book club passes on coco cay for 69.00 each.  Checked our Anthem cruise next March and the passes are 100.00 more per person.

We had reservations at Coco Cay for our cancelled Oasis cruise @ 65.00 pp, now for next June it's 179.00.  Royal can take their Dynamic Pricing policy and stick it where the sun don't shine.  Every other cruise line has a steady policy of the price is the price.  It should not be determined by which ship you're on and when you go. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

....in the meantime we settle for just entrance to Beach club.  I have my eye on those big beds up by the bar.  We got the pass on sale BTW for $58.99 each.

Congrats.  59 versus 179 for the same item.  HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Let's see....what cars do you drive, what home and where do you live....rationalize...yeah we all do that.  Pity you'll never get to find out.,,,,,,,,,,

I was thinking the same thing. Some people choose to buy nicer cars, homes, etc. Everyone chooses to spend their money how they see fit. If it works for them that’s all that counts.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

From our cruise on the Adventure a couple of weeks ago. Broiled lobster waterfront dining. 

image.png.7ede64fabd143b384f8753f720c88f52.png

Those look really nice and huge. I don’t think I’ve even seen pictures of them before.

• Like 2