MASSIVE Price Drops on Coco Cay

3 hours ago, coldflame said:

Because you don't go with 12 people to Tahiti as it's not a "family vacation" spot. But OK if you want to strawman my comparison to feel better about your choices go ahead.

Everyone sees value in different things and nobody's choice is wrong when making decisions for their family.  

We find Tahiti a fabulous family vacation. You don't. Neither of us is wrong.

We find love the idea of a cabana and see great value in it, some don't see value in it. Neither choice is wrong.

Some people like traveling once a year and going big, some people like to do more budget vacations in order to squeeze as many in as possible during the year. Neither choice is wrong.

The only thing wrong is shaming someone for their choices just because you (generic you) would not make the same choice.  

Edited by cured
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For our cruise this September, our water park cabana with 6 park passes included was $399 back in March and is still that price. We had bought it for our family but now it's just hubby and I going. We've offered to share it on our roll call but no takers; however, one cruiser wants to buy 2 of the water park passes, so that will offset some of the cost for the cabana. Now that we have one, I don't want to give it up! We also booked a beach bungalow on Labadee, which is now $100 more than we paid for it back in March, so we'll be sharing that with 2 other couples on our roll call. We enjoy meeting new folks, so have no problem sharing! Cheers!

Thrill Waterpark — Cabana And Full Day Pass

PERFECT DAY AT COCOCAY, BAHAMAS
DURATION: FULL DAY

Towering slides, rushing tides— and your very own retreat at Thrill Waterpark

From*$399.00USD Price Per Cabana + Pass
  • You purchased this item on 2021-01-03 11:28:45.
Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Congrats.  59 versus 179 for the same item.  HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

I think I canceled them at a higher price $98.99 each and waited watched like a hawk and sure enough they went down, that was back in January or Feb. I think, then they began to soar as RCCL ramped up, I agree way too high now, but still, keep checking.  Just looked, it was actually April 7th.

18-Sep-2021
Perfect Day Cococay, Bahamas

Coco Beach Club Full Day Pass A
07:30 AM

Total Cost: 117.98 USD

Edited by BecciBoo

I doubt my husband and I will ever be able to afford an over the water cabana.  However, I would never criticize those that do.  Life can be fleeting.  Grab happiness if you can. THAT value is priceless.

• Like 8

On 7/4/2021 at 7:56 AM, A&L_Ont said:

For you perhaps.

For someone who is always observant of melanoma, the cabana price can be money well spent. Especially if one wants to enjoy the experience, with out extra risk. 

It all depends on an individual’s priorities. 

This is exactly true for me.  I am frugal by nature and am always after the best value.  While none of my next few cruises have Coco cay on them (the first one that does Mar 12/23) I will be reserving a Cabana of some sort for that cruise.  After you have had a Melanoma removed from your forehead you never take a chance again.  I cannot sit out in the sun unshaded for any extended time without causing myself problemsThe thrill park and southbeach cabana's are currently $1000 each but I'd expect that number to drop substantially once we get close enough to be included in the big holiday weekend discounts.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Massive?

the Beach Club is nearly $180 for my cruise, highway robbery

Yes. Aside from the overwater cabanas all of them have dropped by about 50% for the July 24 sailing. You should’ve been on the lookout although I canceled my 3 day passes for a coco beach cabana instead I was able to grab passes for 105 a person and 95 for the kid a few months back. I also got my waterpark tickets for $58 a head at that time too.

really looking forward to the coco beach cabana! It dropped 50% I snagged one 🙂

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Moltar said:

Yes. Aside from the overwater cabanas all of them have dropped by about 50% for the July 24 sailing. You should’ve been on the lookout although I canceled my 3 day passes for a coco beach cabana instead I was able to grab passes for 105 a person and 95 for the kid a few months back. I also got my waterpark tickets for $58 a head at that time too.

really looking forward to the coco beach cabana! It dropped 50% I snagged one 🙂

I check pretty much every day. 109 is the cheapest I've seen, which is still too much

10 hours ago, cured said:

Everyone sees value in different things and nobody's choice is wrong when making decisions for their family.  

We find Tahiti a fabulous family vacation. You don't. Neither of us is wrong.

We find love the idea of a cabana and see great value in it, some don't see value in it. Neither choice is wrong.

Some people like traveling once a year and going big, some people like to do more budget vacations in order to squeeze as many in as possible during the year. Neither choice is wrong.

The only thing wrong is shaming someone for their choices just because you (generic you) would not make the same choice.  

I believe that you have stated it very well.

We cruise because we enjoy the cruise experience.  We do some stuff that others do not.  Good for us, good for them.   

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TexasRon said:

I am a fan of cabanas.  I make a choice to rent them on cruises and on Vegas trips.  My money, my choice.  If the value isn't there for you, make a different choice and don't worry so much about the choices others make.  It truly is not that hard...though some people do their best to complain about how other spend their money.

The simple truth is, some can afford it, others cannot, C'est La Vie.  I sense the little green monster of envy is involved. The negative comments are likely because if "I can't have it, why should anybody else have it" syndrome.  Why do some people feel that a simple modest home is not enough and have to spend hundreds of thousands on some monster house?  It's all relative.

I tried to get our other 2 couples to go in on one, but they still did not see the 3 or 400$  cost each was justified.  No biggie, but I, who will probably never be able to afford one singly can see it would be very nice.  They did spring for the Labadee Cabana at a much cheaper price. Yay for us.  Cheers to those who are fortunate enough to have the dough.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I check pretty much every day. 109 is the cheapest I've seen, which is still too much

That just means good news for me going by our history 🤪

Edited by Moltar
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

The simple truth is, some can afford it, others cannot, C'est La Vie.  I sense the little green monster of envy is involved. The negative comments are likely because if "I can't have it, why should anybody else have it" syndrome.  Why do some people feel that a simple modest home is not enough and have to spend hundreds of thousands on some monster house?  It's all relative.

I tried to get our other 2 couples to go in on one, but they still did not see the 3 or 400$  cost each was justified.  No biggie, but I, who will probably never be able to afford one singly can see it would be very nice.  They did spring for the Labadee Cabana at a much cheaper price. Yay for us.  Cheers to those who are fortunate enough to have the dough.

You are right! Sad thing is This wasn’t even a debate about if cabanas were worth it this post was started to inform people that prices started to drop in case they were interested unbelievable how adults can be so childish on what others do on their vacation. 

• Like 3

On 7/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, SilkySal said:

For our cruise this September, our water park cabana with 6 park passes included was $399 back in March and is still that price. We had bought it for our family but now it's just hubby and I going. We've offered to share it on our roll call but no takers; however, one cruiser wants to buy 2 of the water park passes, so that will offset some of the cost for the cabana. Now that we have one, I don't want to give it up! We also booked a beach bungalow on Labadee, which is now $100 more than we paid for it back in March, so we'll be sharing that with 2 other couples on our roll call. We enjoy meeting new folks, so have no problem sharing! Cheers!

WOW $399...that's an amazing price !!!! Ours for April 2022 is $699...hoping for a sale towards the end of this year.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 4:00 PM, smokeybandit said:

Massive?

IF everyone thought it was a deal, it wouldn't be very exclusive, would it?   

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Moltar said:

You are right! Sad thing is This wasn’t even a debate about if cabanas were worth it this post was started to inform people that prices started to drop in case they were interested unbelievable how adults can be so childish on what others do on their vacation. 

Yep....no good deed goes unpunished. I always appreciate when people come on here with news and tips about sales. I thought that's what this site is here for. Oh well, haters gotta hate. 

• Like 3

On 7/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, SilkySal said:

That is a great idea that I just borrowed (Thank you!). I took the overwater cabana at $1199 but we had $949 in cruise credits from different cancellations for the 3 of us. I just offered it up to someone who was booking just the beach club, if they say no I will offer it up (with or without cabana access) to my roll call. 
Thanks again for the idea.

• Like 1

Does anyone know anything about the new tax?  We had a cabana booked for our cancelled cruise this summer and paid only the advertised price.  When we booked the same cabana for our replacement cruise April 2022, they charged us $200 tax in addition to the advertised price.  

On 7/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, smokeybandit said:

Massive?

Agree. That is also the case for our December cruises.  

While I might can "afford it", I won't pay it.

The current pricing is ridiculous.

I Had the Beach Club booked for 3 different cruises last year and the highest on any of the 3 was $69 pp! 

I get that they need to recoup the losses but TRIPLING the price is just not acceptable in my mind.  I am sure there are many that disagree and are willing to pay it though!