Is there ANY way for only 1 person to get the CHEERS package?

klfhngr

Due to medical reasons, my wife cannot drink. She will purchase the Bubble's package if that will work. Please let me know if you've had any luck in getting one person to get the drink package.

4 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Due to medical reasons, my wife cannot drink. She will purchase the Bubble's package if that will work. Please let me know if you've had any luck in getting one person to get the drink package.

Usually no, you have to book all adults in the room (medical reasons or not).

How much is a coke/sprite/etc...plain?

Juice?

Latte/Espresso?

Now I am wondering if it is worth it for us. Wife is water only, I don't drink. So, soda/water/coffee

If I have to buy two Bubbles packages, I might as well just go a la carte, right?

Anyone know the prices and have a new/recent menu?

1 minute ago, EngIceDave said:

Juice?

Latte/Espresso?

Now I am wondering if it is worth it for us. Wife is water only, I don't drink. So, soda/water/coffee

If I have to buy two Bubbles packages, I might as well just go a la carte, right?

You don't have to buy multiple Bubbles packages.  Just for Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can get one but that's because we book two cabins and it's me in one and the Mrs. in the other. So, book adults in different rooms. If it's just you and your wife, get ready to drink up! I've seen couples where the wife doesn't drink (or drinks very little) and the husband gains the benefit of going above 15 drinks and/or they buy drinks for others. I've met several actually where this was the case. If she drinks coffee, sodas, and other drinks it may still be worth it.   

20 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Juice?

Latte/Espresso?

Thread hijack ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

I wish.  I'm a recovering alcoholic so I don't drink alcohol at all....  If BF wants Cheers, we'd both have to buy it.  It has more than alcohol included but there is only so many milkshakes I can drink!  Luckily we have $600 OBC and I told BF he can have at it!

• Like 2

We haven't bought the Cheers package yet and so far our bar tab on board is less than what it would be if we had. If it's just you, I'd just order drinks as usual and plan to pay at the end of the cruise. 

• Like 4

There are many sites that show the prices for all the drinks.

I would do a calculation of what you plan to drink every day and figure out whether buying the package is worth it.

I will say that my family or 3 bought the Bottomless Bubbles on a 6 day cruise and it was not worth it because:

a - we got charged tax when in port which was 3 of the 6 days

b - we were off the ship a few hours for 2 days

c - the wait to get a drink was alot on sea days which meant I didn't drink as much as I wanted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

c - the wait to get a drink was alot on sea days which meant I didn't drink as much as I wanted

I hear this a lot and it seems having reasonably priced buckets of sodas, bubble waters and flat waters (as an alternative to the bubbles package) around the ship (or auxiliary locations next to bars) would be a good option for those who like to drink a bit more refreshments or not waste time going back and forth to the bar. There have been times when even cheers was a bit of a hassle so I can imagine how frustrating it could be for those who don't hang out at/around bars trying to get refreshments. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, klfhngr said:

So, I did possibly think of a work around for you.  I noticed you posted on the other thread about booking the Steakhouse along with some other "couples"  I am guessing this means there is a group of you going?

IF one of the other rooms only had one person in the couple that wanted the cheers package, you could possibly have your bookings changed.  Put you and the other "drinker" in the same room, and then your wife and the other non-drinker in the other room.

Once you get on board it is easy to get an extra room key made at guest services so you would each have keys to open your own rooms door.  

Keep in mind it can get a bit "tricky" setting up your accounts when you do this, but you can give "charging" privileges to a person in a different room, so you would have to do this across both rooms as well and what you and your wife charged would be on your credit card on file, and vice versa for the other room.

It is a bit of a process, but not too difficult really and is a possible option.

We "crisscross" rooms like this for varying reasons on cruises when we travel with family all the time (boarding privilege reasons and drink package reasons).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, K_e_short said:

There are many sites that show the prices for all the drinks.

I would do a calculation of what you plan to drink every day and figure out whether buying the package is worth it.

I will say that my family or 3 bought the Bottomless Bubbles on a 6 day cruise and it was not worth it because:

a) You'll get charged tax either if you buy a drink, so that shouldn't factor in too much

b) That is one thing I hate about Cheers, since I don't want to drink in port since it is free onboard

c) You have to learn which bars are less crowded at which times.

I got my wife bottomless bubbles on our 1st cruise, and I'd guess she drank about 2.5 per day. So never got it again. For Cheers I've now had it 3 times. I really love not worrying about cost on my cruise, but every time I say I'm not going to get it again.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LadyMac72 said:

I wish.  I'm a recovering alcoholic so I don't drink alcohol at all....  If BF wants Cheers, we'd both have to buy it.  It has more than alcohol included but there is only so many milkshakes I can drink!  Luckily we have $600 OBC and I told BF he can have at it!

Hey, good for you!  💪

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wemjam said:

So, I did possibly think of a work around for you.  I noticed you posted on the other thread about booking the Steakhouse along with some other "couples"  I am guessing this means there is a group of you going?

IF one of the other rooms only had one person in the couple that wanted the cheers package, you could possibly have your bookings changed.  Put you and the other "drinker" in the same room, and then your wife and the other non-drinker in the other room.

Once you get on board it is easy to get an extra room key made at guest services so you would each have keys to open your own rooms door.  

Keep in mind it can get a bit "tricky" setting up your accounts when you do this, but you can give "charging" privileges to a person in a different room, so you would have to do this across both rooms as well and what you and your wife charged would be on your credit card on file, and vice versa for the other room.

It is a bit of a process, but not too difficult really and is a possible option.

We "crisscross" rooms like this for varying reasons on cruises when we travel with family all the time (boarding privilege reasons and drink package reasons).

We actually thought of doing this, lol. But it would be a huge p.i.a.! Especially when purchases are made for other stuff. 

On 7/7/2021 at 2:47 PM, klfhngr said:

To play devils advocate on this, from Carnival’s POV, your wife can still take advantage of the Cheers program which would offer her unlimited:

Specialty coffee

Specialty teas cold/hot bottled or not

Mocktails

Bottled water

Sparkling water 

Milkshakes

Bottled juices

energy drinks 

all of which are not covered with Bubbles package.

• Like 3

You can get a drink package on both Carnival or Royal Caribbean for just one of two adult guests in the same room. The caveat is you will need a letter, from ones MD, DO, internist, etc., stating why one adult is unable to consume alcohol due to a medical condition. This letter will become part of the person's permanent profile and only needs to be submitted once. This person will have to purchase the Bubbles package.

Have done this for my SO many times over the years. You will have to call customer service to get it processed correctly, can't be purchased this way online.

21 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I have purchased the  Bottomless Bubbles on about a dozen cruises and have found it a good value. IT gives the opportunity to get soda and juice whenever we want. The taxes were never more than a few cents at the most per soda but you would be charged that even if you were paying per soda. 

As for the original question, if Carnival allowed a medical exemption when everybody would get a doctors notes and then just share the drinks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_BA said:

You can get a drink package on both Carnival or Royal Caribbean for just one of two adult guests in the same room. The caveat is you will need a letter, from ones MD, DO, internist, etc., stating why one adult is unable to consume alcohol due to a medical condition. This letter will become part of the person's permanent profile and only needs to be submitted once. This person will have to purchase the Bubbles package.

Have done this for my SO many times over the years. You will have to call customer service to get it processed correctly, can't be purchased this way online.

Rcl you just call to purchase the drink package and the other person purchases the beverage pkg. Have to call.

Idk about carnival but on rcl both dont have to purchase even without a doctors letter.

I got cheers for one, lol, but I'm solo.