Miami cruise parking

mjr1babe

Welcome to the boards! 😎

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure - and costs $22/day.  Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient, will likely not be covered and for sure will not be as secure.  It is your car - do you feel lucky?

• Like 1

There are no safe places to leave your vehicle while your on a cruise leaving from the Port Of Miami except directly at the Port. You drive up to the terminal, leave your friends, relatives and luggage and drive across the street to the parking garage. The vehicle is safe and secure while your on your fantastic voyage. I have read to many sad stories of vehicles being damaged, broken into, etc while being left at off site lots. Not worth the aggravation and savings to me. There are plenty of posts from other Cruise Critic posters that agree with me on this topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/8/2021 at 11:04 PM, mjr1babe said:

I am going on MSC cruise in Aug and I am having trouble findiing parking   Anyone know of where to park?

I sailed on MSC Meraviglia in January, 2020.  Another vote for parking at the Port.  If your MSC ship docks at the same terminal where Meraviglia did, the parking garage is close to the terminal and had plenty of parking spaces available.  There were probably not more than 25 cars on the floor where I parked my car.  

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Geobugs said:

Which terminal is MSC using in August POM? 

20 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

There's a lot of construction going on at the Port of Miami. I would call MSC, and ask them.

Geobugs, the above post is good advice.  The terminal that MSC had been using in 2020 has been having some kind of an addition being built that does not appear to be near completion when I see it on the Port of Miami web cam.  

We have stayed at the Hampton inn and Suites Blue Lagoon and left our car in their gated area. We had no issues with our vehicle. They had a shuttle to the port. The shuttle will return you to the hotel for a fee.we just grabbed a taxi back.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:21 PM, Cienfuegos said:

There's a lot of construction going on at the Port of Miami. I would call MSC, and ask them.

Right now, their wait times to answer your call is over 1 hour and the answer is different depending on whom you speak with.

On 7/29/2021 at 6:46 PM, Geobugs said:

Which terminal is MSC using in August POM? 

Currently terminal C is where MSC Meraviglia docks  but that parking area is closed so D is an option. Not sure if terminal B parking is available. The terminal is well indicated on the directions at the port. The issue is where do we park. 

Edited by Fighterone

6 hours ago, Geobugs said:

According to MSC< MSC Ships will dock in Terminal C until the end of October. Then they'll be docking in Terminal F.

When I sailed on Meraviglia, she docked at Terminal F.  I just looked at the Port's video of the reconstruction of the Terminal.  WOW!  What a difference the reconstruction will make!  But, the video also looks like one will need to walk and walk and walk and.....

We're on a b2b in December to January.   16 nts. We were going to leave the car at my brother's in Boca and use a car service to the port but the cost is ridiculous about $200+ each way.   The cost to park at the port is also high, also close to $400.  There are a couple of offsite garages that are reasonable  but some of you recommend against them.  Not sure what this is based on.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Not sure what this is based on.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

In my case it is based on having read this forum for years and living in South Florida.  In my opinion safety of my vehicle and possibly my person (depending on the neighborhood the garage is in) is worth paying extra for.  I am also willing to pay for the convenience of having my car a short distance away from the ship upon embarkation and disembarkation. 

Some hotels near the airport offer parking but you will have to spend at least a night and I don't know if the price increases if you need 16 nights of parking.

1 minute ago, capriccio said:

In my case it is based on having read this forum for years and living in South Florida.  In my opinion safety of my vehicle and possibly my person (depending on the neighborhood the garage is in) is worth paying extra for.  I am also willing to pay for the convenience of having my car a short distance away from the ship upon embarkation and disembarkation. 

Some hotels near the airport offer parking but you will have to spend at least a night and I don't know if the price increases if you need 16 nights of parking.

Thanks for your thoughts.   Have some time to consider our options.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

We're on a b2b in December to January.   16 nts. We were going to leave the car at my brother's in Boca and use a car service to the port but the cost is ridiculous about $200+ each way.

How many people are in your party?  Have you checked the price of Uber or Lyft? 

6 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

Check Larry’s Limos in reference to using a car service. Two hundred dollars in each direction for a trip from Boca Raton to the Port Of Miami seems a little excessive to me. 

Thanks.   That's what I thought. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if we can reserve parking at the POM?  I couldn't find anywhere on their site to do so, so I'm guessing no.  Do they ever fill up?  I know off-site places take reservations but we are really wanting to park on site.  We'll be driving from Orlando and I hate to get down there and not have a place to park on site.