LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

This thread is great! It's 90+ and humid in DC today. I'd much rather be sitting in the Solarium with a cold beer in my hand. 3 more weeks! Can't wait to follow along this week!

Sidebar-Can you still show up to the gym whenever you'd like or do you need reservations? Also is the sauna/steam room still closed in the locker room? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

On other cruise lines I have, but not this specific version.  It was very helpful for coordinating 

Looks like we're not going to go with it (going to use e-,mail instead). I'm pretty sure you can access the Royal app for free but to use the chat feature, it's $1.99 per day.

32 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Looks like we're not going to go with it (going to use e-,mail instead). I'm pretty sure you can access the Royal app for free but to use the chat feature, it's $1.99 per day.

I'm assuming you have voom.  Doesn't the app chat feature work with voom without the 1.99 per day?

Edited by Tree_skier

34 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Sidebar-Can you still show up to the gym whenever you'd like or do you need reservations? Also is the sauna/steam room  still closed in the locker room?

Was on last week also... 

You can make appts for the gym, but also walk in as it was never crowded.  Unfortunately the steam room and sauna are closed.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Awesome balcony. Interesting to that there are some dividers on Adventure that look like they can open and not just solid walls.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow that looks suprisingly wide for a Jr suite.  are those 11th deck JS's a different layout than is typical?

I agree that it might have something to do with what deck you are on. 3 weeks ago, we were on deck 10 in 1646. The room layout looks basically the same but the bathroom and closet are completely different. The shelving is not the same, (as seen in other peoples picture), and the cabinetry in the bathroom is different. Our balcony had a solid wall between cabins and definitely not as wide.

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

2 bd. grand. It’s awesome, but needs more plugs.

Wholeheartedly agree. I can't remember where I posted about the lack of plugs "problem".

However, I did discover if you look at the bottom of the lights on either side of the bed, there are USB ports that you can use for phone charging. Also, you will notice those kinky looking reading lights attached on there so you don't disturb everyone else in the cabin.

BTW... We do wish we were with you on this cruise. Definitely another time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

The suite lounge. Best concierge ever!!

DCD90C4D-F51A-471D-A59C-769A13901341.jpeg

3338C716-4E5E-4C92-8BE2-A218C54B68B5.jpeg

I can’t wait — unfortunately our friends won’t have access so we probably won’t visit the lounge very often.  No doubt it will be a regular morning coffee hang though

• Like 2

Have a wonderful time. So glad to follow you along before ours in 4 weeks!  

MorganClark, thanks for sharing your PCR test experience. I posted it on other groups, but I don’t think people believe me. Of course, that’s because the info is WRONG in RC materials. 

Pleasant sailing ahead!  Have a blast!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm assuming you have voom.  Doesn't the app chat feature work with voom without the 1.99 per day?

I do have Voom. When I first got aboard I was automatically hooked up to the internet ?maybe RCI does that to get you "hooked"?)but later, I was disconnected. But, Gain, I do have Voom so  I just followed the instructions and reconnected to the internet. I'll try the chat feature again and see if it wants to charge me $1.99 per day.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MorganClark said:

hotel and is right across W. Bay St. from Junkanoo Beach (I highly recommend the Tiki Bikini beach bar & grill). Anyway, when you

I will definitely be spending some quality time at Tiki Bikini beach bar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkingnj said:

Once on Adventure with my wife's parents our rooms were adjoining but not connected and our cabin steward open the balcony divider for us.

Thanks. Adventure does not have many that open. That is true of the first three Voyager class ships.... Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. Adventure does not have many that open. That is true of the first three Voyager class ships.... Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure.

Ocean Boy love RI, especially the Providence area...contributed a lot to your economy...my daughter graduated from Johnson & Wales last year...lol