Dress code

jjsnonna

15 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The humor wasn't apparent. Sometimes an emoji helps with intent. Now if you quipped about 'I Guess kilts are out of the question for men since skirts are listed for women but not for men' that's a bit wittier.😉

Said it before and it was quite apparent

24 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The humor wasn't apparent. Sometimes an emoji helps with intent. Now if you quipped about 'I Guess kilts are out of the question for men since skirts are listed for women but not for men' that's a bit wittier.😉

I don't think you should be making fun of people in kilts.  🙄

🙂

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Don’t find that funny at all since I have seen many people in kilts on cruises, been cruising for 30 years

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Isn't it designer jeans for women but NOT for men?  Or am I wrong about that?

Wrong:

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Celebrity requests on Evening Chic nights that you wear designer jeans.   No definition of designer is provided so my choice is Le Kirkland by Costco.  I would never wear jeans in the Caribbean but did so in Alaska.

Could I wear my mom jeans from Target if I pronounce it Tar-jhay?

Edited by mom says
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Don’t find that funny at all since I have seen many people in kilts on cruises, been cruising for 30 years

Me too but what does that have to do with anything? I've seen tons of men and women in designer jeans, and they're allowed so what was so funny at what you wrote? What's your point? 

4 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

No, times have moved on, they are a thing and have been a thing for a long time.  I don't understand why everyone thinks style and culture are frozen in time and there is one "correct" one.  The whole purpose of fashion is to constantly change.

Nordstrom even has a category called "dress sneakers"

https://www.nordstrom.com/browse/men/shoes/sneakers-athletic/dress-sneakers

I always thought that the black leather sneakers were halfway presentable.  At least they do not stand out like the bright orange ones.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Celebrity requests on Evening Chic nights that you wear designer jeans.   No definition of designer is provided so my choice is Le Kirkland by Costco.  I would never wear jeans in the Caribbean but did so in Alaska.

What are designer jeans?  Are those the ones with the holes in it?  I never did figure that one out.

6 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Brand label on your jacket sleeve is SUPPOSED to be removed

They leave it on to show the " classy " brand they purchased just for the cruise.

Back it goes as soon as they get back home.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I always thought that the black leather sneakers were halfway presentable.  At least they do not stand out like the bright orange ones.

I've had black sneakers before.  I think they're fine.

Edit:  Just no holes in jeans!!!!!

Edited by zitsky

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I've had black sneakers before.  I think they're fine.

Edit:  Just no holes in jeans!!!!!

It should be noted that, aside from no bare feet in dining rooms and no flip-flops in the evening, other choices of footwear are not mentioned in the published dress code.

Whilst I will have some smart loafers I will also probably have these “smart sneakers” with me. And a towel to sit on of course 😉😉

9B31FCAD-9C2E-4F8E-A207-14E849FF593B.jpeg

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Me too but what does that have to do with anything? I've seen tons of men and women in designer jeans, and they're allowed so what was so funny at what you wrote? What's your point? 

LevKirland by Costco are like $16.95 at Costco wholesale

32 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

My son gets ticked off at me all the time when I say tar-jay

Your son needs to understand how to properly pronounce the names of French Boutiques that we frequent! 

den

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Wrong:

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

So this would suggest that the Kilt is not allowed? 🙂

And if you wear a kilt do you have to play the bagpipes?

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So this would suggest that the Man Dress AKA Kilt is not allowed?

I don't think that's what it suggests at all. I interpret it as examples or suggestions, not limits. If a kilt was not allowed, it would join the shorts, bathing suits,and flip flops list.  I've seen many men in kilts; usually on elegant chic night. I love a man in full Scottish formal wear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

So this would suggest that the Man Dress AKA Kilt is not allowed?

LOL. Nah, this just confirms that designer jeans are fine for men. Neither tuxes nor kilts are mentioned, but both are eminently suitable.

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

What are designer jeans?  Are those the ones with the holes in it?  I never did figure that one out.

It's called Marketing 611--- Here's how it happened ( ??? ):

The Cutter in XYZ Jean Manufacturing Company wasn't paying attention ( in today's wording --- lost his " focus " ) and the blade of the cutting knife got tangled up in the fabric and a whole batch of denim got torn. What to do with all that torn denim ?? 

So, they got all their employees , their kids, their friends, etc to call retail stores asking if they carry the new style of jeans with the tear at the knee made by XYZ Jean Manufacturing Company.

The big demand at the store level generated large orders of torn at the knee jeans, and a new style trend was formed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

It's called Marketing 611--- Here's how it happened ( ??? ):

The Cutter in XYZ Jean Manufacturing Company wasn't paying attention ( in today's wording --- lost his " focus " ) and the blade of the cutting knife got tangled up in the fabric and a whole batch of denim got torn. What to do with all that torn denim ?? 

So, they got all their employees , their kids, their friends, etc to call retail stores asking if they carry the new style of jeans with the tear at the knee made by XYZ Jean Manufacturing Company.

The big demand at the store level generated large orders of torn at the knee jeans, and a new style trend was formed.  

Back in the day my Mother would purchase ToughSkin jeans just so we would not tear through the knees.

I think that they were even guaranteed.  We called these worn out jeans. 🙂  We were trendsetters back then 🙂

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, shipgeeks said:

We've never found it difficult to pack snorkeling gear, two weeks worth of clothing, lots of toiletries, shoes, etc. and still have plenty of room for a tuxedo and a couple of gowns/dresses in one suitcase each.  We're always under the airline weight limit, as well.

Wow!  I clearly need some packing tips from you 😊   If I am bringing snorkeling gear along, I always end up struggling to get everything into one suitcase for a two week trip!  Actually the more accurate statement is that I simply don't get everything into one suitcase, lol.