Crystal Blocks now discontinued

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Has anyone received a block on Odyssey yet? Thought I read they weren't doing them on that ship.

I'm not sure the issue is that they are not doing the blocks but that they didn't have any yet. It would be odd to have one ship in the fleet without blocks.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure the issue is that they are not doing the blocks but that they didn't have any yet. It would be odd to have one ship in the fleet without blocks.

Agree. Perhaps they didn't order any because they were discontinuing the programme before the ship started sailing, then we all got upset and they had to reverse the decision so someone has got to get some made quickly! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Could be supply chain interruptions.😀  I hope Oasis has a supply as I'm due one on my Sept. sail. 

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Could be supply chain interruptions.😀  I hope Oasis has a supply as I'm due one on my Sept. sail. 

If they don't have them they will mail it to you. Adventure didn't have on for me and RCI did ship one to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Has anyone received a block on Odyssey yet? Thought I read they weren't doing them on that ship.

I am on the Odyssey right now and I filled out the form to have an Odyssey block mailed to my home.  There are not any Odyssey blocks on the ship right now, but they are on order.  Because they were planning to stop the blocks, blocks were never ordered for the Odyssey.  Odyssey will have blocks just like the other ships.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am on the Odyssey right now and I filled out the form to have an Odyssey block mailed to my home.  There are not any Odyssey blocks on the ship right now, but they are on order.  Because they were planning to stop the blocks, blocks were never ordered for the Odyssey.  Odyssey will have blocks just like the other ships.

Thanks - glad to hear it!

• 10 months later...
3 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’m waiting on Voyager from April and Wonder from May.

Its odd that there were none on Voyager since I was on her first sailing back after the interlude … wonder what happened to all the stock of blocks? 

Did you check E-Bay, as Royal needs capital.😄

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2021 at 11:17 AM, WeMissSeaView said:

I believe that his idea was to allow someone to request a block from a different ship then the ship that they are sailing on when they reach the milestone.  Example:  You earn a block on the Oasis but you already have an Oasis block.  You have sailed on the Freedom but do not have a Freedom block.  His idea was to allow you to request a Freedom block instead of receiving an extra Oasis block.

But that's just a passenger wish list. Doubt ot would happen. The idea is to commemorate the actual sailing

Edited by John&LaLa

I received my EN block a couple of days ago from our 2 Apr cruise.  They seem to be sending them out now on a regular basis.

The title of this thread is misleading.  They may have paused them, but they weren't discontinued.  There's another thread on the topic with lots of updates.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BND said:

I received my EN block a couple of days ago from our 2 Apr cruise.  They seem to be sending them out now on a regular basis.

The title of this thread is misleading.  They may have paused them, but they weren't discontinued.  There's another thread on the topic with lots of updates.

May be misleading now, but it was spot on when written

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

May be misleading now, but it was spot on when written

Except it turned out to be not true as people were still getting them and the forms to order them kept happening.  They were just slowed some.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

Except it turned out to be not true as people were still getting them and the forms to order them kept happening.  They were just slowed some.  

For a while it was absolutely true.

Royal got pushback and changed their mind

• Like 1

16 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Waiting on Jewel from April. 

Interesting.  I just called yesterday to request a Jewel block be sent me from a cruise I disembarked earlier this month.  The agent told me to call back at the end of next month if I haven't received it yet and there should be a tracking number available.  I wonder if RCI is expecting faster turn-around or if the agent was just kicking the can down the road a bit.  I was told the Pinnacle package/stratum would take longer.