Crystal Blocks now discontinued

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'd take the different fonts than that any day.  Looks like they got one of the caricature guys that draw pictures of people in the ports to do the design.

I'm no graphics designer, but it looks like they actually squeezed the image to fit the block. I see that when playing with JPEG's on the computer

5 hours ago, suebcoop said:

I could use one of each of those.  I have duplicates of Freedom, Oasis, Navigator, Adventure & Allure if you are interested in doing a swap.

Sue

I have a Serenade that I'm willing to trade for Oasis.  Still in box.  If interested, contact me lakelorain at gmail.com

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OdieCarol said:

After this subject came up, I checked my blocks and actually we only have 4 but according to the every 70 points rule we should have 6. Is there anyone I could email at Royal to try to catch up?  

Are you counting every 70 with your first starting at 140? It is every 70 once you reach 140. Your first block is the 140 mark not 70.

• Like 1

One thing to remember, is that Royal C&A changed from CREDITS to POINTS in January 2011.  When they did the conversion, they were generous in the POINTS conversions because CREDITS were based on cruises regardless on the length of each cruise.  When I received my converted points, I realized that I had missed out on a block due to the conversion.  I did contact Royal, and was told that they were not providing blocks for any milestones missed due to the POINTS conversion.

12 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

One thing to remember, is that Royal C&A changed from CREDITS to POINTS in January 2011.  When they did the conversion, they were generous in the POINTS conversions because CREDITS were based on cruises regardless on the length of each cruise.  When I received my converted points, I realized that I had missed out on a block due to the conversion.  I did contact Royal, and was told that they were not providing blocks for any milestones missed due to the POINTS conversion.

We had less than 140  then, so it didn't affect us.

On 7/18/2021 at 5:39 PM, OdieCarol said:

After this subject came up, I checked my blocks and actually we only have 4 but according to the every 70 points rule we should have 6. Is there anyone I could email at Royal to try to catch up?  

We should have two ourselves, but on our last cruise at which point we got our 210th point, we didn't get that block. I tried calling Crown & Anchor, but I got someone who was confused. They said that the block would be sent out to us, but I didn't believe him. Sure enough, no block arrived.

We really do want this block as it was the sailing for our son's burial-at-sea in February 2020. We've been patient because of the pandemic, but I guess it's something I should try to resolve with C&A again.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, island lady said:

I noticed that as well.  I have several blocks that are a slightly smaller size, most mid size, and one larger one.  

Obviously they don't all weigh the same.  😉 

Maybe they are based on the tonnage of the ship.😀

Wonder why RCL does not sell them in the gift shop.  They are more impressive than the mementos that  they currently have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daghis said:

We should have two ourselves, but on our last cruise at which point we got our 210th point, we didn't get that block. I tried calling Crown & Anchor, but I got someone who was confused. They said that the block would be sent out to us, but I didn't believe him. Sure enough, no block arrived.

In the recent announcement from Michael Bayley regarding Crystal Blocks being kept, the official response from Royal Caribbean when someone mentioned they didn't receive one or more was:

You can reach out to our Loyalty Team at 800-526-9723.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Daghis said:

We really do want this block as it was the sailing for our son's burial-at-sea in February 2020. We've been patient because of the pandemic, but I guess it's something I should try to resolve with C&A again.

I have found that e-mailing C&A often produces better results. Include your ship, reservation number and the number of points you reached and explain that you didn't get your block and would like it sent to you. It has worked for me in the past.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daghis said:

Don't give up and call again.

We waited four months...crystal block didn't show up. We called again and were told it was mailed.  I asked, "Where did you mail it"?  Her answer, "Looks like we mailed to Switzerland".  She apologized and mailed another one...we got it in less than a week...in Ca. 🙂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daghis said:

….We really do want this block as it was the sailing for our son's burial-at-sea in February 2020. We've been patient because of the pandemic, but I guess it's something I should try to resolve with C&A again.

Sorry to hear about your son. I would definitely follow up since this is an extra special block for you.

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

Maybe they are based on the tonnage of the ship.😀

Wonder why RCL does not sell them in the gift shop.  They are more impressive than the mementos that  they currently have.

If they did, that would be one less “special” thing for C & A members. I’m glad they don’t.

• Like 2

I would be satisfied with a compromise, although I seriously doubt that RCI has the technical wherewithal to put something like this together.

They could stop providing the crystal blocks automatically. Instead, they could have a web portal that would allow qualified members (those who had, indeed, sailed on that ship) to order a block of that ship. Credits would be awarded to Crown & Anchor members as they are now (1 free at 140 points and at each 70 thereafter), but people would then be able to use the portal to choose which ship (from those they've previously sailed on) that they'd like to get for their award credit.

Doing it this way solves lots of interesting problems in terms of people doing a lot of planning to get the right block as well as reducing the number of blocks given out since I'm sure a fair number of these credits wouldn't be used.

Edited by Daghis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daghis said:

I would be satisfied with a compromise, although I seriously doubt that RCI has the technical wherewithal to put something like this together.

They could stop providing the crystal blocks automatically. Instead, they could have a web portal that would allow qualified members (those who had, indeed, sailed on that ship) to order a block of that ship. Credits would be awarded to Crown & Anchor members as they are now (1 free at 140 points and at each 70 thereafter), but people would then be able to use the portal to choose which ship (from those they've previously sailed on) that they'd like to get for their award credit.

Doing it this way solves lots of interesting problems in terms of people doing a lot of planning to get the right block as well as reducing the number of blocks given out since I'm sure a fair number of these credits wouldn't be used.

You must have missed the post and discussion.  The blocks are back and can be requested on your sailing you reach the milestone. 

On 7/19/2021 at 6:16 PM, Daghis said:

Which ship was your 210th point?

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You must have missed the post and discussion.  The blocks are back and can be requested on your sailing you reach the milestone. 

I believe that his idea was to allow someone to request a block from a different ship then the ship that they are sailing on when they reach the milestone.  Example:  You earn a block on the Oasis but you already have an Oasis block.  You have sailed on the Freedom but do not have a Freedom block.  His idea was to allow you to request a Freedom block instead of receiving an extra Oasis block.

• 4 weeks later...