Trudeau says "no"... Ford says "no"....

3Shelaghs

22 hours ago, Robjame said:

Ontario has a watermarked vaccine certificate which is accessible for free from the official site and accesses your vaccine records. Difficult to forge.

Accepted for travel.

IMO Trudeau will follow what Biden does. Trudeau has already stated that a vaccine passport would be divisive. Public sentiment will change his mind.

Where do us from Ontario find this vaccine certificate?

51 minutes ago, Magicat said:

Hmmm, we got vaccinated in the US.  I wonder if I can input that information to Ontario health and get a certificate.  But then we have CDC cards which I would imagine be accepted.  I will keep you posted.

Yes, you can do it. I'm not sure exactly how, but Ontario wants to know how many of the people that they think are unvaccinated have actually been vaccinated elsewhere. I would try calling the provincial vaccine hotline.

2 hours ago, Magicat said:

Nope.  Going to the site it reads that I have not received any vaccinations.  So the only way to get this would be to get another round of shots. 

You should be able to register your vaccine with your local health unit -  https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/vaccine/COVID-19_guidance_for_individuals_vaccinated_outside_of_ontario.pdf

31 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Nova Scotia hasn't come up with a form of vaccine proof yet, other than the CANImmunize app where both of my doses are logged.  

We don't have cards in Alberta yet either, although my sister still has her yellow booklet with her vaccination history since she was a baby; it's quite thick!

I have the pieces of paper that I got after each shot and both doses are recorded in NetCare online but I haven't even attempted to print it out or get a screenshot.  But we're not planning any trips outside of the country for another year so have lots of time to sort that out.

7 hours ago, Magicat said:

Hmmm, we got vaccinated in the US.  I wonder if I can input that information to Ontario health and get a certificate.  But then we have CDC cards which I would imagine be accepted.  I will keep you posted.

In Quebec at least, you can.  My husband was vaccinated in the US while away for an extended time in the US.  He had to submit his info and the rep made a copy of his CDC card.  Took a little while, but he just heard that his vaccination was recognized by QC and received his QR code.

Edited by soccersharon

9 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Why would you want to? Any organization requiring proof of vaccination will accept the CDC card. In fact, the CDC card has a far higher level of recognition than the Ontario documentation. Now, if at some future point the Ontario government changes its mind about passports, you might want to ensure that your US vaccination is somehow added to the database, but that's a big "if".

Malta stated that they would only accept EU/UK vaccination records and will not accept CDC vaccination records.

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Why would you want to? Any organization requiring proof of vaccination will accept the CDC card. In fact, the CDC card has a far higher level of recognition than the Ontario documentation.

The CDC card is a blank filled out by hand. There is a black market with cards being sold on the internet and one case where a worker was charged with stealing 5000 blanks. The EU digital green card can be verified on a database, as can the Ontario Ministry of Health printout although I am sure some enterprising soul could fudge that.

‘Cruise Lines will likely accept anything that looks half-way official as they would have done their due diligence. The CDC card will be used by a vast majority of the cruisers. As you rightly point out, it is highly recognizable.

To the OP - when we travel, we always pick up copies of our health records from our doctor. If you are concerned, your doctor could write something on letterhead to go along with whatever you have.

10 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Malta stated that they would only accept EU/UK vaccination records and will not accept CDC vaccination records.

Yes, Malta announced that a good week ago, but note that I referred to organizations, not countries. As the point of discussion was the potential benefit in acquiring Ontario versus CDC proof of vaccination, Malta's stance is irrelevant as it also doesn't accept any Canadian vaccination records.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, MStarzky said:

we dont get cards in ontario just a print out.

I was vaccinated by the military so didn't get either. They just put it in my military immunization book so I'm not sure if that will be accepted anywhere.

I'm hoping they do a vaccine passport.

15 minutes ago, electro said:

I was vaccinated by the military so didn't get either. They just put it in my military immunization book so I'm not sure if that will be accepted anywhere.

Call your local public health department about getting your vaccination onto the Ontario database.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Call your local public health department about getting your vaccination onto the Ontario database.

I can try but without an OHIP number, not sure if I'd be able to access it.

If they had a national vaccine passport I'm sure that the military vaccine data would be able to be added to it.

Edited by electro

3 hours ago, electro said:

Would that not suffice for cruise lines requesting original documentation? Whether a CDC card, the printout of an Ontario pdf or an entry in a military immunization book, all appear to meet the stated requirements.

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Would that not suffice for cruise lines requesting original documentation? Whether a CDC card, the printout of an Ontario pdf or an entry in a military immunization book, all appear to meet the stated requirements.

Who knows? It wouldn't be that common so would officials even recognize it?

It just has my name and last 3 hand written on the front cover and it is quite faded as it is 20 yrs old.

If I plan to travel before there is a vaccine passport, I'll see if I can get some kind of printout from my doctor and carry it with my booklet and hope that one of the other is accepted.

17 minutes ago, electro said:

Who knows? It wouldn't be that common so would officials even recognize it?

It just has my name and last 3 hand written on the front cover and it is quite faded as it is 20 yrs old.

If I plan to travel before there is a vaccine passport, I'll see if I can get some kind of printout from my doctor and carry it with my booklet and hope that one of the other is accepted.

Is there any indication that it's a military immunization book? I only ask because of the high level of respect given in the US to members of the military. Give Celebrity a call and ask, as it does meet their written policy.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:36 AM, Fouremco said:

Is there any indication that it's a military immunization book? I only ask because of the high level of respect given in the US to members of the military. Give Celebrity a call and ask, as it does meet their written policy.

It just says Travel Immunization Record  and has the health Canada logo. It makes no mention of military but has my service number hand written on the front.

I don't have any cruises booked right now. I'm waiting for the whole covid - vaccination mess to get sorted out before I book.

Luckily, the military didn't used mixed shots, we all got moderna and our shots were 4 weeks apart.

My DH (not military) got 2 doses of phizer but they were 9 weeks apart.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 2:27 PM, Robjame said:

Ontario has a watermarked vaccine certificate which is accessible for free from the official site and accesses your vaccine records. Difficult to forge.

Accepted for travel.

IMO Trudeau will follow what Biden does. Trudeau has already stated that a vaccine passport would be divisive. Public sentiment will change his mind.

There is a HUGE difference between a vaccine 'passport' suitable for domestic travel vs. some sort of internationally recognized 'vaccination document(s)", electronic or otherwise, that is adopted and/or accepted for international travel.

We will never get past the political issues, the naysayers, or the hillbillies who do not understand even the very basics of cross border international travel.  EU, USA, and Commonwealth may be the most common.

Proof of vaccination is hardly a novel concept.  We had to produce our International  Vaccination book when we traveled to  Africa in order to prove that we had the required yellow fever jabs for entry.   It is hardly an infringement on our freedom or medical history.  And we do have an option...  to stay home in our backyard.

My spouse has used hers as part of the hiring process in Canadian hospitals.  No proof of vaccination....no job.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iancal said:

We will never get past the political issues, the naysayers, or the hillbillies who do not understand even the very basics of cross border international travel

Whoever put forth a vaccination PR campaign based on fear rather than incentive, never took a basic marketing course. Giving people some advantages beyond just not dying might just push the numbers significantly.

43 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Whoever put forth a vaccination PR campaign based on fear rather than incentive, never took a basic marketing course. Giving people some advantages beyond just not dying might just push the numbers significantly.

Not dying seems like a pretty good incentive to me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, electro said:

Not dying seems like a pretty good incentive to me.

It would seem so but "not dying" is not an effective motivator ... smoking, seatbelts, speeding, drunk driving, obesity, drugs, etc. - 

... a lottery ticket has proven more effective in creating vaccine compliance

https://theconversation.com/why-using-fear-to-promote-covid-19-vaccination-and-mask-wearing-could-backfire-153865

Edited by Robjame
link

30 minutes ago, Robjame said:

It would seem so but "not dying" is not an effective motivator ... smoking, seatbelts, speeding, drunk driving, obesity, drugs, etc. - 

... a lottery ticket has proven more effective in creating vaccine compliance

https://theconversation.com/why-using-fear-to-promote-covid-19-vaccination-and-mask-wearing-could-backfire-153865

I have to agree with you.

The Bed Bull: Red Bull gives you wings always played better IMHO than: Red Bull gives you heart palpitations. 

Or, the Miller Lite: Great Taste, Less Filling campaign. Much better than Miller Lite: It tastes better than pond scum. 

Or, Dos Equis: The Most Interesting Man in the World. Just a wee bit better than Dos Equis: Buy It or The Most Interesting Man in the World Will Break Your Legs. 

🙂

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1