This why cruise ships should not allow any unvaccinated adult onboard any ship.

terrydtx

As many of us "fully vaxed" folks approach the six month mark, one wonders what comes next in terms of boosters, antibody testing etc..

I would hate to be put off a ship in a Carib  port...without plans upon  return to US...Bad behavior cannot be excused but no one knows how  badly they might react..I would probably pass out from stress...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I apologize; I just found out we aren’t supposed to talk about the vaccine on CC anymore, so I won’t post anymore about it. 

Hadn't heard that either. Seems like vaccination discussions are ongoing.

27 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I just read that in one region, 30% of the new Delta cases were in vaccinated people, so I don’t think being vaccinated or unvaccinated would solve the issue necessarily. I do believe that being vaccinated reduces your chances of getting it for sure. I just don’t think it should be considered the guarantee that I think some are believing it to be now that new variants are arising. To me, this is an issue of a lady having a very public meltdown over

something that was a very big blunder, and we don’t know who’s to blame for her initially slipping through the system.

Nothing I have seen or read has any statistics as high as you quote above amoung vaccinated people.  What is your source?

I also believe this is a case of an anti-vaxxer  purposely going around the rules and getting caught.  She has said she has no intention of ever getting vaccinated. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I apologize; I just found out we aren’t supposed to talk about the vaccine on CC anymore, so I won’t post anymore about it. 

The policy is for "opinion and debate".... as such you are able to post factual information.

As cited on each page at the very top within a red banner.

In health and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

22 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

The policy is for "opinion and debate".... as such you are able to post factual information.

As cited on each page at the very top within a red banner.

In health and bon voyage

In all fairness, Bo, the red banner disappeared for a while and just made its return today. Those who aren't on CC every day may well have missed it. I even went looking for it in the Guidelines recently, but it hasn't been replicated there.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:51 AM, seabeew said:

The popular belief is that she was on the second Freedom cruise, which was around June 22.

She doesn’t like masks though. In her onboard video, she says they made a mask. She screamed that she had been wearing the mask for five minutes and already couldn’t breathe because she had asthma. She was screaming on the video for at least ten minutes and never came up for air.

I can’t remember if it was on the original video or elsewhere, but she said she would never get vaccinated.

So, she has been wearing a mask since covid living in NY or at least I hope so and she has asthma and just now figured out she can't handle a mask. Did she not know the rules for nonvaxed on a cruise ship?

Kick her off and put her on the RCCL non cruise list.

She needs to step back and look at how disgusting she is.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

In all fairness, Bo, the red banner disappeared for a while and just made its return today. Those who aren't on CC every day may well have missed it. I even went looking for it in the Guidelines recently, but it hasn't been replicated there.

Okay, maybe I have always known about it and did not notice it was AWOL for a bit there, but if I remember correctly and often it can be said I do not, I have seen it every time I have logged in to CC over the last few weeks at least... and not really clicked on it until today. LOL

Thank you regardless and bon voyage

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radarcruiser said:

This thread has been started and deleted by the mods several times on the RCCL boards.  Time to kick it to the curb here as well.

... or just ignore it and/or not post to them, possibly, by those who may not want to read about this topics any longer?

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Okay, maybe I have always known about it and did not notice it was AWOL for a bit there, but if I remember correctly and often it can be said I do not, I have seen it every time I have logged in to CC over the last few weeks at least... and not really clicked on it until today. LOL

Thank you regardless and bon voyage

Maybe it varies, but on my computer they'd been running a green banner recently dealing with login issues. YMMV.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, hcat said:

As many of us "fully vaxed" folks approach the six month mark, one wonders what comes next in terms of boosters, antibody testing etc..

I would hate to be put off a ship in a Carib  port...without plans upon  return to US...Bad behavior cannot be excused but no one knows how  badly they might react..I would probably pass out from stress...

In the case of Royal Caribbean, and I suppose Celebrity, too, passengers will not be dumped in a port. The CDC mandated a plan that would not leave positive passengers to fend for themselves.

According to Royal’s current policy, passengers who  test positive will be flown home in a medivac jet at Royal’s expense.

I know this for a fact as two younger teenagers from one family tested positive on my Adventure of the Seas sailing. The captain announced the family had been disembarked and flown home after the fact.. A letter was also in our cabin with these details.

I think at some point soon or maybe it has already changed, Royal will be providing arrangements for non-vaccinated passengers who are eligible for vaccination, but the onus will be on them to pay for their transportation. This is tied into insurance requirements for these unvaccinated, but eligible for the vaccine passengers. 

Royal will continue to coordinate and pay for travel arrangements for vaccinated passengers and those unable to be vaccinated who test positive. 

I don’t know what the long term plan will be. 

Didn't at least one cruise line mandate a minimum amount of health insurance?  Not a huge leap to mandating medical evacuation. I don't see why the cruise company should foot the bill if an unvaccinated person falls ill with a preventable disease. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, D C said:

Didn't at least one cruise line mandate a minimum amount of health insurance?  Not a huge leap to mandating medical evacuation. I don't see why the cruise company should foot the bill if an unvaccinated person falls ill with a preventable disease. 

Actually, I don't see why the cruise line should foot the bill for anyone getting sick on a cruise, to include being flown back to the states.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, D C said:

A comprehensive travel protection plan will include medical and evacuation as well as cancellation. The difference is that travel insurance will not charter a return flight just because someone tests positive. That person will have to quarantine most likely at a contracted hotel until he can test negative for a return flight on a commercial air line. The policy will cover medical expenses if the person is sick enough to require it.

Cruise lines have been providing assistance so far, but that is limited. Most programs will expire by the end of the year for vaccinated passengers.

• Like 1

I am Vaxxed, but I have travel insurance with some pretty good medical and medical evacuation coverage. But…CoVid is not treated as any ol’ medical ‘accident or illness’ and the normal coverage is not in full force for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DingoMom said:

I am Vaxxed, but I have travel insurance with some pretty good medical and medical evacuation coverage. But…CoVid is not treated as any ol’ medical ‘accident or illness’ and the normal coverage is not in full force for that.

Are you saying that your travel insurance policy has a specific covid exclusion clause? What exactly does that clause say? 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:44 AM, Bo1953 said:

LOL, I have done that before, too...

... and thought, 'don't they know who I Am and the reason I need to use this road, this day?'

Apparently they did and did not care either way... LOL

bon voyage

Yeah after 35 years of working in traffic it finally came to the point that if I had a hammer you got dents, if I have spray paint you get a racing stripe.  If you want to take it up with me let's call the police and see who's right.  Most just drove away.  Hopefully the future will see more work site cameras, because I'm sure Karen's Frappuccino appointment is important enough that its OK if we have to lower someone's spouse, parent, child whatever into a grave.  Sorry, mini rant.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Actually, I don't see why the cruise line should foot the bill for anyone getting sick on a cruise, to include being flown back to the states.

Perhaps it's part of the agreements that the cruise lines have with the ports.  The cruise lines don't want anyone that tests positive to stay on the ship and the ports don't want them left in their country to drain limited medical resources.  Flying infected people back to the US would solve that problem.  It just might be a new cost of doing business for the cruise lines.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I just noticed something. Wasn’t it Karen from New York? So wouldn’t she have had to wear a mask on the airplane getting her to Florida? And how come she could wear one then but not on the ship???

Excellent point, missed by so many. She had to wear a mask on the plane going home too. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 8:21 AM, terrydtx said:

So, one unvaccinated adult acts foolishly and your response is "cruise ships should not allow any unvaccinated adult onboard"? 

Should all grandfathers be banned from cruise ships as well? 

Grandfather of Toddler Who Fell Out of Cruise Ship Window Sentenced to 3 Years Probation

https://people.com/crime/grandfather-toddler-who-fell-out-cruise-ship-window-sentenced/

Edited by kilkoyne
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Perhaps it's part of the agreements that the cruise lines have with the ports.  The cruise lines don't want anyone that tests positive to stay on the ship and the ports don't want them left in their country to drain limited medical resources.  Flying infected people back to the US would solve that problem.  It just might be a new cost of doing business for the cruise lines.

So if I wind up getting sick on a ship for any reason where I require to be flown back to the US and didn't bother to buy insurance that included medivac coverage, it's on the cruise line to pay for it? That doesn't seem right.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

So if I wind up getting sick on a ship for any reason where I require to be flown back to the US and didn't bother to buy insurance that included medivac coverage, it's on the cruise to pay for it? That doesn't seem right.

Ken- I agree not right in normal times.  But perhaps a baby step (an expensive one!) to get cruising started again.  In a year or two (?) when COVID is treated like influenza or any other medically managed diseases then cruise lines will stop doing this.