What do you think of the new 2021 menus?

It looks like they have removed the side options and the port selections.  And it seems like there are fewer desert options.  Still lobster on second formal night.  And I guess you won't receive bread unless you order it from the menu.  What do you think of these new menus?  I wonder if they scaled down due to covid?  All of the new dinner menus can be found here if you haven't seen them yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It looks like night 7 entree page is a repeat of the first formal night. Perhaps it was posted incorrectly?

Also - NO GAZPACHO?!?!?!

I'm disappointed that there is no 'Port of Call" section - I try to eat a lot of fish when cruising and it seemed like they were heavy on that selection.

Hoping these are all temporary.

Edited by ScottsSweetie
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ScottsSweetie said:

It looks like night 7 entree page is a repeat of the first formal night. Perhaps it was posted incorrectly?

Also - NO GAZPACHO?!?!?!

I'm disappointed that there is no 'Port of Call" section - I try to eat a lot of fish when cruising and it seemed like they were heavy on that selection.

Hoping these are all temporary.

Yes, I will miss more fish options as well.  It will be interesting to see if these menus evolve as things get ramped up.

22 minutes ago, relmondcrsise said:

It looks like they have removed the side options and the port selections. 

I was going to say that the generic fleet-wide menus always omit the Ports of Call  Selections, though, since those vary based on Itinerary.

But in reviewing the menus that John Heald posted on FB from his Horizon cruise, it does appear ports of call  selections are gone.  Too bad, that is where I often selected something.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
"ports of call"
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I was going to say that the generic fleet-wide menus always omit the Ports of Call  Selections, though, since those vary based on Itinerary.

But in reviewing the menus that John Heald posted on FB from his Horizon cruise, it does appear ports of call  selections are gone.  Too bad, that is where I often selected something.

Yeah, I think these menus were pulled from an actual sailing (not sure which one though).  They look consistent with the ones John posted.  I hope they add back the Ports section eventually.  Maybe trying to streamline to cut cost at this point? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Also - NO GAZPACHO?!?!?!

I'll miss the Gazpacho. It was actually quite good and had the proper spicy kick to it. I will also miss the Ports of Call selection. IIRC there was this Carribean Chicken and Rice dish that I enjoyed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

There's bread, it's now listed as the first course on the menu. It's been upgraded, too, to offer you a choice of sides for your bread. A nice upgrade.

I do like the option of oil and vinegar.  I prefer that to better with certain bread.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BeachHopper said:

Hopefully the removal of the port of call offering is just temporary for covid, because I thought that was a nice touch. I do like the new options with the bread, but what if I want all of them because they look so good?? hahaha

I assume you can still order as much as you want, so all the breads!  I'd like to try them all. 

• Like 1

I think it looks pretty good.  I'm a big fan of the chilled fruit soups (another reason I like HAL - they have them just about every night).

I'm not much of a bread eater and I certainly don't need the empty calories since I already eat too much when I sail.  If there's bread on the table, I tend to dig into it and I don't need to do that.  I often don't have dessert.  I'd rather have more "real" food than all that sugar.  I do enjoy the cheese plate if I feel I have any room left after the entree.

• Like 3

I just realized, looking at these, that the formal night Lobster Tail / Filet Mignon etc offerings are not there for any night, just the Steakhouse selection $20 upgrades.

Or did I miss something?  Or because Formal night can be variable, it simply isn't listed?