What do you think of the new 2021 menus?

3 minutes ago, stellarose said:

stupid question but will ask...

can you still get more than one entree? love when there is two vegetarian options that are good. (the grilled tofu is amazing )

You always used to be able to order up but, I read a post from a recent cruiser that said they were clamping down. I think things will loosen up after they get a few cruises under their belts.

8 minutes ago, stellarose said:

stupid question but will ask...

can you still get more than one entree? love when there is two vegetarian options that are good. (the grilled tofu is amazing )

Yes. I know I did. Just ask.

• Like 2

As someone who recently had heart 💔 surgery, I find it intriguing that you can get bacon 🥓 drippings with your bread 🍞 in the MDR. 🙄

• Like 2

I like what's on the menu. *but I always have* Absolutely nothing mind blowing and totally reminds me of what's always been on it. The bread thing is weird but whatever ill just order it all LOL!

I want to thank whomever posted this Ive been DYING to see!~

• Like 1

The food is so expensive.  They had to make cuts here.  I for one anticipated this. However,  I would rather have less selections of higher quality then a larger menu of lesser… Hopefully they take advantage and step up the overall dining experience.  Less, is sometimes more… 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Roz said:

As someone who recently had heart 💔 surgery, I find it intriguing that you can get bacon 🥓 drippings with your bread 🍞 in the MDR. 🙄

After the bumpy start up hiccups when cruising returns fully the drippings will be presented tableside through an i.v. drip 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I am basically ok with the menus and usually find something I like.  That said, I wish Carnival would also give each ship's chef a little more latitude to be creative and offer one or two specials unique to that kitchen, based on what is seasonally available, in addition to the standard menu of American and Americanized European food.  I would love to see a couple more recipes from the home countries of various people working in the kitchen, many of whom may be from East Africa, Southeast Asia, various regions of India, Eastern Europe, Latin America etc, each of which has its own rich food culture.  I know there is one Indian vegetarian option but it seems to be the same thing every day on every ship.

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

The food is so expensive.  They had to make cuts here.  I for one anticipated this. However,  I would rather have less selections of higher quality then a larger menu of lesser… Hopefully they take advantage and step up the overall dining experience.  Less, is sometimes more… 

Agreed!  Quality of quantity all the way for me.  

On 7/19/2021 at 10:05 AM, imola said:

Do mind sharing which ship?  DH and I love longer sailings and New Orleans is the best. Plus on a 14 day I could try more things on the new menu. 

I'm on the Carnival Glory out of New Orleans...Sunday November 28th. It goes all the way to Aruba, Bonaire, etc. 

11 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

Can't achieve less quantity to raise quality when some people would order 3 to 4 appetizers,  entrees followed by multiple desserts per person every night. I actually witnessed one family who did this for 7 nights. Totally blew my mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JKMBC said:

I'm on the Carnival Glory out of New Orleans...Sunday November 28th. It goes all the way to Aruba, Bonaire, etc. 

Yes I found this one. Looks wonderful.  Wish we could go. 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:01 PM, klfhngr said:

Dang it, Lobster night on Day 2 now?! We booked the steakhouse that night. Wonder if it's worth rescheduling to another night?

Probably worth it to reschedule if you can.  Then you can have lobster on multiple nights in the dining room and steakhouse.  I would reschedule because I do enjoy the unlimited Lobster along with the prime rib in the dining room.  🦞🥩

19 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Can't achieve less quantity to raise quality when some people would order 3 to 4 appetizers,  entrees followed by multiple desserts per person every night. I actually witnessed one family who did this for 7 nights. Totally blew my mind.

I'm sorry but I couldn't eat a thing knowing your nose is in my plate at every meal. It just seems unsanitary!

Do you have nothing else going on in your own life that you have to focus on how other people spend their vacations and what they choose to do to enjoy themselves?

Edited by Cruisegoer
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

I'm sorry but I couldn't eat a thing knowing your nose is in my plate at every meal. It just seems unsanitary!

Do you have nothing else going on in your own life that you have to focus on how other people spend their vacations and what they choose to do to enjoy themselves?

Um, it is easy to observe if:

They are at your table

or

At a nearby table in your line of sight and within earshot

It doesn't take stealthy Sherlock Holmesian detective work or sly private investigator wire-tapping to observe painfully obvious overconsumption.

• Like 2