MDR - Party of 11

JBCall

We always ask for a large mixed table and on a couple of cruises on Solstice class, one the Exlipse I think, we have shared a table of 12. You should generally have no problem. 

You will have to have your bookings linked especially if you are cruising during COVID 19 to make sure you are together. 

A note for if you have any short people (I’m 5’1) the large table top is put on top of 2 tables so is quite high. I looked like a 5 yo peering over the top. Ask for a cushion or two. Once asked for they will appear for every meal. 

Cheers, h. 

5 hours ago, JBCall said:

Has anyone been able to get a MDR table that seats 11 on the Eclipse ?  Looking at getting a larger group together and would like to be all seated together.

Thanks

We've had a party of 10 on Equinox, they don't seem to have many very large tables, and I believe this was the biggest.  The only 100% correct answer would be to ask Celebrity directly.  Good luck 🙂 

• Like 1

Be sure to consider getting two adjacent six-top tables as an option for your group. Eleven at one table can’t converse with each other anyway.  It’s easier for the waiters to serve two six-tops rather than eleven at one table.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

We've sat at table for twelve via select dining either with friends made on the ship or by requesting to be seated with others and agree with cruisestitch that a table this large inhibits conversation. We plan on reserving 2 six-toppers served by the same waiter and assistant when our group of 12 sails the Silhouette in January. Each night we will change up our seating so that we can socialize with everyone during the cruise.

One thing to consider - we were a large group on the Summit last February.  We had a table for 12.  These tables often seem to be located near the stations where all the dishes are cleared.  We did not like being seated directly next to all the dirty dishes and glasses.  In the future I would specifically request not to be seated there.

If you have 8 cabins or more you can be considered a group.  When you are a group they will send you seating preferences about 45 days before you cruise.  You can request what size table you'd like and who sits where.

• Like 1

We were on Silhouette and were able to get 3 tables that seats 10-12 next to each others every night.  We had about 30 people in the group.   But we also booked thru the same TA and she said put notes in for us to all dine at the same time 6:00pm and all seat together.

I have to agree that 2 adjacent tables and mix up the seating each night works well.   I have been at large tables of 10-12 before and found it impossible to hear any discussion at the other end of the table.    Generally conversation would self group by 4-6.   

Please do as @cruisestitch suggested and break into smaller tables.   Large tables get very loud due to people trying to talk to each other over the extended distances.  This can be very annoying to others dining around you.

We were on Edge last week and there were 2 large groups dining in back section of Luminae which ended up driving the rest of the diners to the front of the restaurant for the rest of the cruise.

I don't know if they are enforcing it but under the FAQ for sailings during Covid Celebrity states they will not allow tables with more than 8 guests and they must all be part of a group.  As others have said, 11 at a table makes it hard to converse and usually ends up annoying other diners.  

We have cruised with a group since we met on a cruise in 2017.  It became a group of 13, but not always 13 dined together in the MDR.   They did manage to accommodate us on one large table (or two large tables together).   A couple of other times they split us into two separate tables.

One problem with a table for 12 or 13 is that you can't carry on a conversation with people at the opposite end of the table.   What happened was the ladies and men tended to gather at the opposite ends.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Please do as @cruisestitch suggested and break into smaller tables.   Large tables get very loud due to people trying to talk to each other over the extended distances.  This can be very annoying to others dining around you.

We were on Edge last week and there were 2 large groups dining in back section of Luminae which ended up driving the rest of the diners to the front of the restaurant for the rest of the cruise.

That  happens in BLU as well..even if the big tables are set up in the rear.  Groups are  usually much louder and command more staff attention.  All tables should be limited to a max of 8...esp in BLU...and Luminae.  

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I don't know if they are enforcing it but under the FAQ for sailings during Covid Celebrity states they will not allow tables with more than 8 guests and they must all be part of a group.  As others have said, 11 at a table makes it hard to converse and usually ends up annoying other diners.  

Per recent experience on Apex, thdu are able to accommodate if all are in the same traveling party. But you need to all be linked reservations and you may have some initial pushback. YMMV.