Vaccine Cancellation Help

On July 1st, I called Royal to cancel a September cruise because of the vaccine protocols.  I figure it was a good way to avoid a FCC.  The rep told me the cruise was cancelled and I would get a refund to my cc for anything paid and a FCC for the portion that was paid with a FCC.  Perfect, I could live with this since my FCC was from a cancelled sailing.  A week later I noticed the sailing is still showing in my upcoming sailings.  I called Royal again and the rep tells me that it will take time to process on the back end but the cruise is cancelled.  On Wednesday I notice the sailing is still in my upcoming sailings.  I call Royal for the third time.  The rep tell me September sailings are not included in the full refund list of sailings.  This option is only for cruises in July and August.  If I cancel it would be under CWC and I will receive a FCC for the full amount.  Does anyone know which is correct?  Are September sailings included or not?

I saw a PDF on another social media site with two columns (vaccinated passengers and non vaccinated passengers) and a list of all the venues on the ship.  There was a check mark indicating which was available for vaccinated passengers and which for non vaccinated passengers.  I tried to find the PDF on Royal's website but could not.  Does anyone have a copy to share?

11 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

On July 1st, I called Royal to cancel a September cruise because of the vaccine protocols.  I figure it was a good way to avoid a FCC.  The rep told me the cruise was cancelled and I would get a refund to my cc for anything paid and a FCC for the portion that was paid with a FCC.  Perfect, I could live with this since my FCC was from a cancelled sailing.  A week later I noticed the sailing is still showing in my upcoming sailings.  I called Royal again and the rep tells me that it will take time to process on the back end but the cruise is cancelled.  On Wednesday I notice the sailing is still in my upcoming sailings.  I call Royal for the third time.  The rep tell me September sailings are not included in the full refund list of sailings.  This option is only for cruises in July and August.  If I cancel it would be under CWC and I will receive a FCC for the full amount.  Does anyone know which is correct?  Are September sailings included or not?

I saw a PDF on another social media site with two columns (vaccinated passengers and non vaccinated passengers) and a list of all the venues on the ship.  There was a check mark indicating which was available for vaccinated passengers and which for non vaccinated passengers.  I tried to find the PDF on Royal's website but could not.  Does anyone have a copy to share?

A4DBA2B8-14E1-41E1-A962-F40AA0D13438.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is a link that might be easier to read https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/content/faq/allure-of-the-seas-venue-grid.jpg

Also, this is for August.... they haven't provided that yet for September.

Here is more current protocols for August Florida sailings...this is a useful link https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=florida-august

• Like 2

The cash refund is only available for sailings that have had the official protocols issued.   At this point, they only have protocols issued for sailings through the end of August.   

Edited by elleluv
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, elleluv said:

The cash refund is only available for sailings that have had the official protocols issued.   At this point, they only have protocols issued for sailings through the end of August.   

Our Quantum sailing April 2022 from Hawaii was just cancelled. Our choices were 125% FCC or a full cash refund. We took the 125 and booked Ovation which sails the day before Quantum.

4 hours ago, elleluv said:

Thank you for the clarification. I wish the first two reps knew this. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a reference in one of the posts to a senior RCL Rep. that indicated that if you can't sail under the published protocols they would refund not only the cash portion but also any FCCs applied to that sail.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a reference in one of the posts to a senior RCL Rep. that indicated that if you can't sail under the published protocols they would refund not only the cash portion but also any FCCs applied to that sail.

That's correct but only for the money paid not the extra 25% of the FCC

• Like 1

😁

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

That's correct but only for the money paid not the extra 25% of the FCC

Understood.

23 minutes ago, kearney said:

Not many places you can make a 25% return 🙂 

Yes, a good deal if one can use them.😁

38 minutes ago, nelblu said:

😁

Understood.

Yes, a good deal if one can use them.😁

What good is the 25% return when the price of the new cruise you apply it to is jacked up by 50% more then it should be?

People have to understand Royal is not losing anything by offering this extra 25%.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What good is the 25% return when the price of the new cruise you apply it to is jacked up by 50% more then it should be?

People have to understand Royal is not losing anything by offering this extra 25%.

It's good if you have bookings that were made a long time ago before prices shot up and/or VERY well priced L and S's

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

It's good if you have bookings that were made a long time ago before prices shot up and/or VERY well priced L and S's

Not everyone that has these L&S are as savy though as some of us with great lower prices that the small percentage of us got though. Probably a very low number of people have a L&S at a low price.

Some people don't know any better.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

How many times can you L&S a specific cruise.

On 7/17/2021 at 11:00 AM, lovescats5 said:

Why was the Quantum from Hawaii cancelled?  We have Quantum to AK in Sept, hope that does not get cancelled again.

Where did Quantum stop? What foreign port? If Vancouver that might be the reason.. I think the law change/tweak for Alaska cruises.. was just for ships going to Alaska... I think Hawaii sailings have to stop in a foreign port as well... eg Canada or Mexico

On 7/17/2021 at 11:00 AM, lovescats5 said:

Why was the Quantum from Hawaii cancelled?  We have Quantum to AK in Sept, hope that does not get cancelled again.

I think Quantum was supposed to reposition from Brisbane, Australia to Hawaii, and to the west coast. The Australia cruises got cancelled, so it might be that the repositioning may be different times & locations. 

I’m curious as to what September cruise was that Royal initially told the OP was cancelled? Because our Sept cruise on Enchantment out of Baltimore still shows on the website, but seems less likely with each passing day.