Terrible Check-in So Far for the Edge

GeorgiaPeach51

6 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

I just checked concierge class and they are still allowed priority boarding.

Concierge class is not captains club and having gone through boarding at terminal 25 in the last 2 weeks I can tell you without a doubt that only suites have any type of priority boarding.  Everyone else is boarded according to the time on the Xpress pass period.  If you show up outside that time be prepared to stand in a long line in the FL sun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Are you sure this wasn't a Carnival cruise? 🙂  Anyways I remember long lines on the bigger/biggest RCL ships.  I have been fortunate to have sailed through on Celebrity.  Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

A week ago I was reading people saying that the Carnival embarkation line was a disaster and people were waiting 2+ hours.

9 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

And the OP arrived 45 minutes before the middle of her boarding time, so maybe a wait of 30 minutes to board.  Not bad considering we are recovering from a pandemic.

Can I ask on behalf of a lot of people reading these posts... Did the O/Poster steal you’re lunch as a kid? The reason I ask is you seem hell bent on trying to attack her post with what can only be described as some sort of desperate attempt to make you feel better about yourself for some reason... why do you continue to state she arrived x amount of time before the middle in her arrival time when she actually arrived ready to be inline for the start of her allotted time... I guess you feel it makes you feel you have a better argument when actually all you have is absolutely nothing of any relevance at all, maybe put the device down, leave the lady alone and take a good hard look at the way you are acting  🙄unless you are actually 12 then I guess it all makes some sense! 😂 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MR_T said:

Can I ask on behalf of a lot of people reading these posts... Did the O/Poster steal you’re lunch as a kid? The reason I ask is you seem hell bent on trying to attack her post with what can only be described as some sort of desperate attempt to make you feel better about yourself for some reason... why do you continue to state she arrived x amount of time before the middle in her arrival time when she actually arrived ready to be inline for the start of her allotted time... I guess you feel it makes you feel you have a better argument when actually all you have is absolutely nothing of any relevance at all, maybe put the device down, leave the lady alone and take a good hard look at the way you are acting  🙄unless you are actually 12 then I guess it all makes some sense! 😂 

Agree!  I used to come to Cruise Critic to get pertinent information re cruising.  Didn't check in at all during the past year or so as I didn't have anything booked.  Now that we have something planned for the Fall, I rely on CC once again to get tips and info on cruising.  It seems now we have a group of posters who are on here day in and day out, criticizing everything they can and running up their numbers to make it look like they are cruise experts.  Their  negative "one liners" are not appreciated.  The monitors should flag these posters and stop this problem.  If not, I really think the CC population will decline.  Let's get back to helpful information and stop attacking others for just stating their experience or request for information. 🌼

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

I was just thinking about the player's club at Caesars properties.

There are signs for each level of players card.

People in Seven Stars/Diamond always get called 1st, then Platinum, then Gold.

It is stunning how something as simple as well-placed signage--both further out from the doors (as well as above the doors) would improve traffic flow--as well as people's attitudes. Imagine trying to drive w/o signage...

Now, I've been vying for a beer cart girl for 17 years...they STILL aren't listening. That would make people A LOT happier.😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Where did you see that?

Concierge Class does have priority boarding. Do a dummy booking until you see the selection of staterooms. Then hover over the Concierge class for more details. Priority Booking is there.

That said, these are not normal times and even in normal times, I take everything Celebrity's website says as marketing B.S. until proven otherwise.

Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, publicpersona said:

Concierge Class does have priority boarding. Do a dummy booking until you see the selection of staterooms. Then hover over the Concierge class for more details. Priority Booking is there.

That said, these are not normal times and even in normal times, I take everything Celebrity's website says as marketing B.S. until proven otherwise.

Yes, it SAYS it. 

But it does currently appear to be BS as we do not have one confirmation of it. 

Still cannot determine the benefit of booking Concierge right now...

14 hours ago, mk960072 said:

how long did if finally take to get onboard?

75 minutes.  And before some people put in their two cents, my frame of reference was the expectation of quick on boarding based on previous reports.  It is the longest we have ever waited, for a suite or for a balcony cabin.  Not the end of the world, just not the Celebrity we love.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

I just checked concierge class and they are still allowed priority boarding.

Checked where, the Celebrity website? Information there tends to be dated at times, and by all reports, Concierge class passengers are currently not allowed priority boarding.

6 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

75 minutes.  And before some people put in their two cents, my frame of reference was the expectation of quick on boarding based on previous reports.  It is the longest we have ever waited, for a suite or for a balcony cabin.  Not the end of the world, just not the Celebrity we love.

I hope you are enjoying the cruise...thanks for the info.  

One question, is the buffet open in the evening?  

4 minutes ago, KKB said:

Yes, it SAYS it. 

But it does currently appear to be BS as we do not have one confirmation of it. 

Still cannot determine the benefit of booking Concierge right now...

But neither do we have any confirmation of a concierge class passenger being denied. At least I haven’t seen it. You would have to direct me to that post.

Celebrity has come out and said CC status priority boarding benefit has been suspended, but it has not said booking category priority boarding has changed. Again, that is to my best knowledge. You would have to direct me to that announcement.

So, until confirmed otherwise, I would have to believe suite and concierge bookings are entitled to priority boarding.

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Checked where, the Celebrity website? Information there tends to be dated at times, and by all reports, Concierge class passengers are currently not allowed priority boarding.

Who has verified this denied priority boarding. Please direct to the confirmed report.

Edited by bloomcruisers

2 minutes ago, bloomcruisers said:

Who has verified this denied priority boarding. Please direct to the confirmed report.

I do not have the answer to your question. However, when I view my Xpress Pass for upcoming August sailing of edge the following comes up above that pass in bold large lettering I think it trumps statements about boarding on the web site that preceded it. 

"Follow these steps for boarding so we can stay healthy, together.

Day before your cruise: Answer your health questions in the app
You’ll save time and avoid unnecessary lines and interactions. Once you’ve signed in, we’ll send you a notification when it’s available.

Boarding day: Honor your arrival time
Everyone will receive a wellness check before being cleared for boarding. Guests who arrive outside of their arrival time will be subject to a longer wait before being able to board.

Onboard: Get connected
The mobile app helps you make the most of your cruise vacation from the palm of your hand. So once you are onboard, connect to ship Wi-Fi (for free, no internet package required) and stay in touch while touching less."

This thread is so funny, lol !

Lines ???

Wait time ???

Again, I will echo others who posted, if you arrived at your allotted time slot there was no wait.

My time was 12:00-12:30, we arrived at 12:05 and was at the bar at 12:21.

If you have ever been in the military, the old saying is hurry up and wait.

Folks, relax, be patient, follow rules and all will be peachy !

• Like 2

Passengers arriving early/ignoring their arrival times is unfortunately the norm. 

Yesterday in Seattle we had the first revenue cruise to Alaska - the Serenade of the Seas.  At 9:30 AM there were at least 20 passengers standing outside the terminal - and passengers kept arriving.  Doors did not open until 12 noon.  There is no seating outside, but there they were, just waiting.  Lucky it was a beautiful day and there was shade, but if the cruise was today - it's morning light rain and in the 60's.

There are some people that just don't get that we are in a Covid cruising protocol and passengers just can't show-up anytime as they have done in the past.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bloomcruisers said:

The only cabin class passengers currently receiving priority boarding are in suites. That has been reported over and over again. On the other hand, I've seen not one single post from a Concierge class passenger stating that he or she arrived at the terminal and was given priority boarding along with the suite passengers.

Celebrity has now published a new webpage dealing with the "Concierge Class Lunch", formerly known as the "Concierge Class Embarkation Day Lunch." Since the restart, Celebrity has stopped offering the lunch on embarkation day. Instead, "On embarkation day, guests of the Concierge Class will receive an in-room invitation detailing the date, time, and location of the luncheon. You’ll have your pick of dining options in the Main Restaurant onboard the ship." It's obvious that moving the lunch from embarkation day was necessitated by the lack of priority boarding for Concierge class passengers.

50 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

If your dummy booking happens to be for the Mexico, Jamaica & Grand Cayman Cruise later this year, you'll be in for another surprise: Grand Cayman is closed to cruises until 2022. 

17 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I’m the original OP.  In an effort to assist those who are anxious about their own future boarding, here is what I now know.  According to Claire, the Retreat Mgr., Celebrity does not handle the lines, etc., outside the terminal.  That is all Port Authority, even though they wear Celebrity shirts.

Somewhere in the responding posts is a photo of the exterior of the entrance.  You can clearly see the door on the left, and doors on the right.  In our situation you could see no doors due to the mass of people in front, winding around in unorganized lines.  I believe what happened with us is that the huge line winding back and forth of passengers just standing in line waiting for their boarding time wound through what was actually the suites line.  You could not differentiate one from the other, and with no ability to see the doors you couldn’t see where you were supposed to be.  Added to that were the absolutely incorrect statements and lack of correct response guidance from the PA staff.

My advice to suites passengers is to hang left.  Get a sight on the left hand door and aim for that. I believe that enough passengers have complained about this past boarding that there will be an effort to improve for the next boarding, and I hope that is the case for all of you looking forward to cruising days finally arriving again.  And when you seek info do not rely on the blue shirted folks....I’m sure they are well meaning but find an actual Celebrity employee if you can.

we are loving the cruise.  Staff is magnificent.  Very comfortable crowd sizes onboard.  No masks for passengers or crew.  

I also want to say thanks for taking time out of your vacation.

Sometimes it is quite difficult to get meaning across in a post while conveying the intended tone, especially if what you are saying is a criticism or could be interpreted as a criticism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

Sorry, I've tried following your directions, but I still can't find the phrase "Priority Boarding" anywhere under Concierge Class descriptions. I see "Priority Check-In" but that's all but meaningless since we check in using the app now.

19 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Passengers arriving early/ignoring their arrival times is unfortunately the norm. 

Yesterday in Seattle we had the first revenue cruise to Alaska - the Serenade of the Seas.  At 9:30 AM there were at least 20 passengers standing outside the terminal - and passengers kept arriving.  Doors did not open until 12 noon.  There is no seating outside, but there they were, just waiting.  Lucky it was a beautiful day and there was shade, but if the cruise was today - it's morning light rain and in the 60's.

There are some people that just don't get that we are in a Covid cruising protocol and passengers just can't show-up anytime as they have done in the past.

I'm sure all of those people had excuses why they ignored their boarding ties and arrived early. They all could have made other choices.  Hopefully they won't delay boarding for others.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Yes, the buffet is open in the evening.  It is Royal that currently has the Windjammer Buffet closed at night.

That was the main reason I asked...I am sailing on Equinox Aug 1st and was curious as to how Celebrity is handling this..thanks again.  Sorry to get off topic. 

2 hours ago, bloomcruisers said:

But neither do we have any confirmation of a concierge class passenger being denied. At least I haven’t seen it. You would have to direct me to that post.

Celebrity has come out and said CC status priority boarding benefit has been suspended, but it has not said booking category priority boarding has changed. Again, that is to my best knowledge. You would have to direct me to that announcement.

So, until confirmed otherwise, I would have to believe suite and concierge bookings are entitled to priority boarding.

Yes the website under concierge class stateroom amenities states it still.  I have posted and will post again that first hand experience at terminal 25 in PE the only ones with priority boarding are suites and then I had to ask 3 or 4 people to be allowed in that line as a Suite passenger.   Believe what you want but if you show up outside your boarding time expect to wait in the sun in a long line.

If you read the posts from the recent Edge sailings you will  see the special concierge class embarkation lunch in the MDR has been moved to lunch on the first sea day.  Probably because most concierge passengers weren't onboard until after the lunch closed.

Priority boarding actually meant very little even in the past as if you counted all the people with it you had at least 1/2 the ship with priority.

Edited by wrk2cruise

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm sure all of those people had excuses why they ignored their boarding ties and arrived early. They all could have made other choices.  Hopefully they won't delay boarding for others.

The problem was the number of cruisers who arrived early and obviously ignored their assigned boarding times.  Simple as that.  If people had checked in according to their assigned times, I suspect the lines would have been more manageable.  

Let's look at the  excuses:  transfer dropped us  off early,  we were hungry,  wanted to drop off my bags in my room,   humidity was high in FLL,  etc.

• Like 2