Ft Lauderdale hotels

paradise4me

Hilton on 17th st is nice too!  We enjoyed their outdoor restaurant/bar and nice view of the marina and waterway.

We have stayed at Embassy, nice location, nice breakfast buffet, hear free happy hour not so great due to covid, nice relaxing pool area but hotel is in need of some updating of rooms, looking a little tired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Does anyone know if the Embassy Suites did any remodeling or renovations lately? We love the location but the rooms were worn and tired.

Someone just posted recently that nothing has been done...still looking very tired. Several years ago it was a favorite...sadly not anymore.

• Like 2

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina on 17th Street was nice about 4 years ago. We haven't stayed there since so I don't know how it is now. Since we live here we didn't use their shuttle so I can't comment on that.

We have used the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn twice and would use again. It's nothing fancy but it serves the purpose and has a very decent included breakfast. No shuttle. We used uber or lyft (can't remember which), which cost around $12 a couple of years back.

We just stayed at the Hilton at the marina over July 4th weekend.  There was major renovation taking place in the lobby area.  Very disappointed with housekeeping and pool area cleanliness.  I might have just hit the hotel on at a bad time.  

We are joining family members from New York for a cruise in January.  They are flying in the day before and we had planned to drive over in the morning, until we stumbled onto a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite at the Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port.  Total of $268 and includes a full breakfast, definitely a good deal for four people.  

My last two stays were at the Hilton and Conrad oceanfront. Both were great resorts. I love the Fort Lauderdale beach, and being so close to it. It is so relaxing. If given the choice again, I would likely pick the Hilton. Not only was it a little more affordable, but it offered a little more, such as a larger pool, more restaurants, etc. 

IMO, while shuttles can be nice, it is one of the most overrated reasons to choose a hotel. They usually only go to pre-determined spots such as the airport. An Uber or Lyft from the airport can usually be had for under $15. You'll often pay more and/or sacrifice important amenities to feel like you got a free shuttle from the airport.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Florida departures forum for Lauderdale hotel questions. This has nothing to do with Royal Caribbean. 

That's where I'm seeing the OP's post.

• Like 1