1st time on Celebrity- 12/24 Water cans delivered to cabin

leela8

I know Celebrity allows you to brin 12 pack if you carry in your hands while embarking. Is there a place on the website where you can order water delivery to your cabin on the first day?

The only thing I can find is a sparkling water/still water package for 16.00 a day plus 20% tip. I'm on a 12 day cruise and 230.00 for water is quite expensive. 

2 minutes ago, leela8 said:

I know Celebrity allows you to brin 12 pack if you carry in your hands while embarking. Is there a place on the website where you can order water delivery to your cabin on the first day?

The only thing I can find is a sparkling water/still water package for 16.00 a day plus 20% tip. I'm on a 12 day cruise and 230.00 for water is quite expensive. 

You can get all the water you can drink with the CBP under the new AI. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not all inclusive. Do you know where on the website I can find water delivery it's usually where you can have bottles of booze delivered to your room on the first day, I just can't find it.

Some people bring cases of beverages, put luggage tags on them and have them delivered to their cabin with the rest of their luggage. Personally, I enjoy the tap water and bring a refillable water bottle with me, even though I always have a beverage package.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Some people bring cases of beverages, put luggage tags on them and have them delivered to their cabin with the rest of their luggage. Personally, I enjoy the tap water and bring a water bottle with me, even though I always have a beverage package.

Agree --- the tap water is is created by  either reverse osmosis or distillation and is probably as pure or more pure to what is in most bottled water that use the same processes. 

I have the stateroom attendant  leave a pitcher of Ice Water daily.   I'm sure it is also tap water.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree --- the tap water is is created by  either reverse osmosis or distillation and is probably as pure or more pure to what is in most bottled water that use the same processes. 

I have the stateroom attendant  leave a pitcher of Ice Water daily.   I'm sure it is also tap water.

Back many years ago, before bottled water became ubiquitous, Consumer Reports did a test comparing the few bottled waters available back then (Evian, Perrier, a few others) with the water from a small number of US cities. There were minor variances in the chemical and mineral makeup of the samples, but the most interesting result was from the blind taste test: the overwhelming majority preferred the New York City tap water!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Back many years ago, before bottled water became ubiquitous, Consumer Reports did a test comparing the few bottled waters available back then (Evian, Perrier, a few others) with the water from a small number of US cities. There were minor variances in the chemical and mineral makeup of the samples, but the most interesting result was from the blind taste test: the overwhelming majority preferred the New York City tap water!

NYC tap water is very good.    On the other hand, some of the tap water in Florida is not to my liking to say it nicely. 

Water will vary between brands.  Most of those on Celebrity are pretty good but there was one brand that was "unique".  

• Like 1

We bring our own insulated cups and refill from the ship tap water. Of course NEVER put your personal cup under the water dispensers!! I see a few doing it even though there are signs. We use  cups and fill with ice and then water

1 hour ago, leela8 said:

Do you have a drink package, if so water is included.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

It is not fair to compare NYC tap water to other places.  It is probably the best tap water in the states.  Try the one at my house here in CA, and you will probably spit it right out LOL.  I have reverse osmosis water at home and I don't think the one on the ship is reverse osmosis.   It tasted better my home tap water though.

21 minutes ago, keesar said:

NYC tap water is very good.    On the other hand, some of the tap water in Florida is not to my liking to say it nicely. 

NYC has nice, clean, shallow bedrock holding the water table.  Really, pretty much all of New York State and thereabouts does.  Florida? Not so much.

I also don't know of any water delivery options.  As has been said, there are several options.  Get a case or two and just treat it like luggage - put on the luggage tag and they will deliver it to your cabin. If you run out you can bring water onboard from ports as well.   I've also brought my own refillable bottle and filled it at the fountains in the food areas, always using a clean cup to pour from the fountain to my bottle as they ask you to.  We always ask the room steward to bring us a pitcher of ice water each day.  Overall, I think the water onboard tastes just fine. 

I also heard that they are not allowing water in plastic bottles. I always just slapped a luggage tag on it and it got to my room but times are different now. Celebrity is saying water in cans only are allowed on board. I am doing a back to back 9/5-9/26 and need to have water. But I don't want to spend 400.00 on a water package which is ridiculous. 

If there is anyone that had returned from a cruise recently and brought water on board, can you please share the experience on this forum? I don't want to drink the ships water in a nice insulated cup. I want either bottled water or canned water (whatever that is) since celebrity does not offer a delivery of water option in the Bon Voyage section i am asking for some insight on what others like me have experienced.

Edited by leela8
mispelling

On Royal we just filled out a delivery request for a case of Evian that was among all the doorbknob order forms in the papers waiting in our room on Day 1. I am surprised if there are no water or soda options to do this on X.

7 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

On Royal we just filled out a delivery request for a case of Evian that was among all the doorbknob order forms in the papers waiting in our room on Day 1. I am surprised if there are no water or soda options to do this on X.

There is a premium water package and a soda package you can purchase onboard. 

Edited by davekathy

Just now, davekathy said:

There is a Premium Water Package you can purchase onboard. 

This was just for ordering a delivery of a single case to the room, not a water package which entitles you to water throughout.

35 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

This was just for ordering a delivery of a single case to the room, not a water package which entitles you to water throughout.

I'm confused (nothing new). Why is it called premium water "package" with unlimited bottles of different water brands? Doesn't say anything about limited to a single case. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I'm confused (nothing new). Why is it called premium water "package" with unlimited bottles of different water brands? Doesn't say anything about limited to a single case. 

I'm sorry-- I meant the order card on RC referred to in my first post that was just an order for a single case delivered to the room, and I was surprised RC's sister X apparently had nothing like it. You mentioned that there is a premium water package available on board, and I was just replying that the package is different from the single case purchase on RC.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, leela8 said:

I don't want to drink the ships water in a nice insulated cup.

The ships' water really is good and clean.  Unfortunately, your only options are that, buying individual cans a la carte ($2-3/each), or a beverage package.

15 hours ago, leela8 said:

I'm not all inclusive. Do you know where on the website I can find water delivery it's usually where you can have bottles of booze delivered to your room on the first day, I just can't find it.

I was under the impression all guests booked on celebrity were now AI - unless you booked quite a long time ago?