Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

Really glad our cruise isn’t till December. I’m sorry for those of you scrambling with a cruise right around the corner. 😕

While I can sympathize with RCI as a business, I will echo some others that if this is at our cost ($280 for the two of us), we will cancel before final payment and take another vacation that doesn’t penalize those of us vaccinated with additional cost and hoops to jump through. We spend more than enough already to cruise. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, luckyfincruiser said:

Just saw that Royal now wants all of us vaccinated to get tested before the cruise too.  Pretty ridiculous.  And I have my PhD in Microbiology so I feel I can comfortably say that!  Cruising in two weeks.

Then you know that the vaccines are less than 90% effective, so up to 10% could be contagious. I'm a vaccinated nurse practitioner and happy to test.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

No, she is in a difficult situation and frustrated by the changing rules.  Yo know, like almost everyone else.  Except you, of course.

Anyone who thinks things aren't going to continue to change and evolve just haven't been paying attention. I'm not in the least bit frustrated, I'm expecting things to change. I'll just be happy to be on board.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Anyone who thinks things aren't going to continue to change and evolve just haven't been paying attention. I'm not in the least bit frustrated, I'm expecting things to change. I'll just be happy to be on board.

Agree!  The situation is fluid and I don't think Royal, or any line for that matter, would weather an outbreak during these first sailings.  Not happy with the increased costs, but if helps mitigate risk for all involved,  I'm okay with it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Really glad our cruise isn’t till December. I’m sorry for those of you scrambling with a cruise right around the corner. 😕

While I can sympathize with RCI as a business, I will echo some others that if this is at our cost ($280 for the two of us), we will cancel before final payment and take another vacation that doesn’t penalize those of us vaccinated with additional cost and hoops to jump through. We spend more than enough already to cruise. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Not sure if you'll be cruising with the ways thinks are going.

I'm on the AOS cruise next month, fully vaccinated except kids under 12. We already had a test requirement. So now on cruises with vaccination optional they're asking for testing? The horror!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

Vaccines are 90% effective and on average 10% off the population get covid …so for every 1000 vaccinated, expect 10 to get covid, scientific fact and simple math..

stay safe all..

Not against the Delta , 60% is what they are saying I believe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’d like clarification on the three days prior to cruise lingo.  If my cruise sails on Saturday, can I have the test done on Wednesday?

Probably have to call them and ask. The testing requirements used to be 72 hours before sailing, but they have muddied the water by saying "three days prior."

• Like 1

I am assuming they will be sending e-mails out on this tomorrow. Looks like you can do an Antigen Rapid Test or PCR. We scheduled with CVS tonight, just in case this nonsense goes ahead. Wonder what the next goalpost move will be.

• Like 2

I’m vaccinated and I have no problem getting a test.  I understand that I can still get the virus and may even be able to transmit it, but the chances  that I’ll end up in the hospital or worse are very small as compared to the unvaccinated.  

My next cruise is in 203 days and I would hope that it is entirely vaccinated and tested.  

If it is I will have the best peace of mind.

Edited by MikeBayAreaCa
  • Like 14

35 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I’d like clarification on the three days prior to cruise lingo.  If my cruise sails on Saturday, can I have the test done on Wednesday?

Yes, Wednesday for Saturday sailing. Thursday for Sunday sailing. Confirmed this with a call to Royal.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

I’m vaccinated and I have no problem getting a test.  I understand that I can still get the virus and may even be able to transmit it, but the chances  that I’ll end up in the hospital or worse are very small as compared to the unvaccinated.  

My next cruise is in 203 days and I would hope that it is entirely vaccinated and tested.  

If it is I will have the best peace of mind.

In this situation when you are protected from all sides (vaccinated and got a proper insurance) - you should be fine and you should make an example of yourself for other to follow. Otherwise we wont see cruising any time soon. You  re doing a great job my friend. Hope others will follow your example

• Like 2

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And the difference is b2b rcl picks up the tab. I dont have to arrange a test 3 days before my cruise on my dime. All the difference in the world imo. 

Here in UK for sailcations on Anthem everyone has to have a pcr test even though everyone over 18 has to be fully vaxxed. As far as I know it's paid for by Royal Caribbean through a vaccination company which is nationwide 

We can't use free NHS tests for holidays 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

If you are willing to have blood drawn. Some people are not.

Antigen is what we sometimes call lateral flow tests , no blood drawing involved . In fact on the NHS box which gets sent to you with test supplies it's called Rapid Antigen Test

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

The bigger issue is that my understanding is that while it is more contagious, is that it's already peaked and declining in the UK and a lot of experts expect the same here.  It could easily prove to be a knee jerk reaction to a short term issue.  

It did take 2-3 months though and has only been going down this last 10 days or so.

We now have an extremely high percentage of population who have anti bodies either through vaccination (70% double vaxxed) or having had covid 

Even then its creeping back up last couple of days, hopefully will stabilise and go down again 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Thats the plan right now, but I'm worried we won't have the results in time for the next morning.

When I had my rapid antigen test done in Nassau to board my Adventure of the Seas cruise, I had my result back in 15 minutes (via e-mail).

• Like 2

I just returned from Europe and had to have the PCR test done to get back in the US.  Even though I am fully vaccinated.

I only had to show that I was vaccinated to get INTO Bulgaria and Romania.  But US required the testing, but the US is not interested in your vaccination status.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeMSD said:

Does anyone know if the Walgreens Rapid Diagnostic ID NOW tests count as PCR? The RT-PCR has a warning saying that results may not be available before travel. ID NOW lists a 24 hour turnaround time. I can’t find any local pharmacies offering Antigen testing.

We used the ID NOW test as a PCR for travel to Sint Maarten, it is actually a NAAT test which they say follows the same testing principle as the PCR.

I don't care about getting tested, it's the time frame I was worried about.  5 days would've given us more time to test before flying.  We live off in the boonies, it's harder to find places and then the drive time to get to the airport.  Another announcement by our Governor here this morning re-iterated the importance of getting vxd.  When the cases started going down, people got a false sense of security and didn't go ahead with the vaccine, that's the problem.  I hope they learn from it.  I think cruise lines will be forced back to the  100% vxd protocol soon.  And we'll be ready.

• Like 3

Reports of B2Bs being cancelled as you cannot do the test on board 3 days prior to second sailing commencing; and RCI is not facilitating having tests on board and then dropping them off at the previous port ( or even organising a shore excursion to the nearest testing facility) . Many cross people. 

13 hours ago, smplybcause said:

That's nice of them. Hadn't seen that said for anything but Nassau and Europe sailings

13 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

This is what the answer was 

478CA975-C9CA-45D3-B528-BDF5903FEA06.png

I received a reply to my follow up msg to Michael Bayley’s FB account.  He confirmed those who need it will receive a PCR test onboard for their travel home. I ❤️ RCL!

47F2608D-ECD3-4571-B72E-3AF13F6777B7.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

Reports of B2Bs being cancelled as you cannot do the test on board 3 days prior to second sailing commencing; and RCI is not facilitating having tests on board and then dropping them off at the previous port ( or even organising a shore excursion to the nearest testing facility) . Many cross people. 

Where are these reports?  I am going on a B2B2B next month and RCL has told me and others that they were already going to be testing us between cruises, even before this new changed.  They are not allowing unvaccinated passengers to do B2Bs 

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom
  • Like 2