Now need a test EVEN if vaccinated!

26 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Agree -- we're just waiting for the announcement for a Pfizer booster.  As you noted, Israel is administering boosters -- starting this weekend for people 60 or over.  

I'd be glad to take a booster anytime between now and Sept. 10th.  My last shot was in April.

23 minutes ago, choose2cruz said:

Yes, you can tell them it's travel related. I checked with my local CVS and they even recommend which test is best for travel. Obviously, not everyone's health insurance is the same, but the person I spoke with told me many insurance companies don't consider a travel test to be diagnostic and won't pay for it. I haven't checked with my provider about it yet.

CVS told me the same thing.  Other testing facilities said it would be covered by insurance or no charge.  I'm also going to check with my provider.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Our local cvs has both PCR and RT antigen tests available and a quick mock walkthrough on their site had appointment slots available every day between 8/3 and 8/12. That’s as far out as they book. So if we need to test we have a location literally in our back yard.

Just for the heck of it I checked over here in Volusia and Walgreens is booked and CVS wants $139 after I entered my info  Good thing I don't really need one yet.

5 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

CVS told me the same thing.  Other testing facilities said it would be covered by insurance or no charge.  I'm also going to check with my provider.

I just answered the ?? for CVS and got a message that the test would be $139  Walgreens in our area is no charge but all appts were booked.  Don't need one yet was just exploring

11 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

The question for CVS and testing for travel isn't whether they would do the test it's whether the test is FREE if you say it's for travel. 

CVS didn't even ask if it was for travel they just asked the usual have you been exposed or are you sick and when I answered no they said it will be $139

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just for the heck of it I checked over here in Volusia and Walgreens is booked and CVS wants $139 after I entered my info  Good thing I don't really need one yet.

Weird, mine says my insurance covers it.

Before you proceed

COVID-19 testing is performed at no cost to you. Health insurance companies are required to cover 100% of the cost. If you have insurance, we will ask for those details. If not, we may ask for your Social Security number or driver's license/state ID in order to bill the federal program for the uninsured. In either case, you will owe nothing out of pocket.

Edited by orville99

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

CVS didn't even ask if it was for travel they just asked the usual have you been exposed or are you sick and when I answered no they said it will be $139

It is the first question on the form.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCPIV said:

A lot of us would like that, but families with young children are RCL's bread & butter. You may as well limit Disney World to 95% vaccinated.

Celebrity, Azamura, and Silversea . . . not so much.

Maybe not count the kids under 12 toward the 95%,  Over 12 must be at 95% or above, or no sailing.  

51 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We need a live review from tomorrow or Sunday.  I'd sure like to see one.  I have located a Walgreens near our cruise buds home in Odessa FL and I called and they can test us Saturday for our Sept Allure...whew!  I feel better already.

Someone is doing one for the test cruise on the ovation 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jpancakes said:

Is this new change only known through an email?  When I look at the August protocols from FL, the website still says no testing is necessary for vaccinated guests.

not sure what website you are viewing, but it is right there big as life on the Royal Caribbean "Healthy Sail Center" page

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choose2cruz said:

Yes, you can tell them it's travel related. I checked with my local CVS and they even recommend which test is best for travel. Obviously, not everyone's health insurance is the same, but the person I spoke with told me many insurance companies don't consider a travel test to be diagnostic and won't pay for it. I haven't checked with my provider about it yet.

Tell them you are uninsured, no cost (this was CVS in north Dallas)

5 hours ago, BND said:

Here's the leaked slide presentation by the CDC.   It refers to studies that haven't been peer-reviewed, which is usually a no-no.  It also mentions other countries, that use different protocols and/or vaccines than the US did.  

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/54f57708-a529-4a33-9a44-b66d719070d9/note/753667d6-8c61-495f-b669-5308f2827155.

From what I saw when this came out, it was not to protect vaccinated people.

It was due to vaccinated people having a high enough viral load of the Delta variant to transmit it to unvaccinated.

So the masking is needed in area of low percentage of vaccination to protect the unvaccinated.

The vaccinated are not getting to the point of being symptomatic from the Delta variant.  So it really doesn't matter whether they "get it" or not, as there are no health effects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

It's free even for travel? My parents keep insisting that CVS isn't free if you click travel. 

My friends live in Florida and got tested at CVS.  They checked it was for travel and their insurance paid for their tests.  They did not have any out of pocket expense…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SRF said:

It was due to vaccinated people having a high enough viral load of the Delta variant to transmit it to unvaccinated.

So the masking is needed in area of low percentage of vaccination to protect the unvaccinated.

The vaccinated are not getting to the point of being symptomatic from the Delta variant.  So it really doesn't matter whether they "get it" or not, as there are no health effects.

Incorrect.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Tell them you are uninsured, no cost (this was CVS in north Dallas)

So taxpayers are expected to help fund vacations for individuals?? 

Unacceptable.

Edited by ScottsSweetie
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, choose2cruz said:

I know all insurance is different but we have friends in Florida who got tested at CVS for their Adventure trip out of Nassau.  Their insurance paid for their tests.  

7 minutes ago, SRF said:

I'm confused by your post.  What are you referring to when you say "when this came out"?  This slide presentation was leaked last night and is new.  And, the whole point is that the CDC says there is enough viral load in vaccinated people to infect others, based on the non-peer reviewed studies they linked.  The question is, how does this translate to the US with different vaccines/schedules.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

I'm confused by your post.  What are you referring to when you say "when this came out"?  This slide presentation was leaked last night and is new.  And, the whole point is that the CDC says there is enough viral load in vaccinated people to infect others, based on the non-peer reviewed studies they linked.  The question is, how does this translate to the US with different vaccines/schedules.

What I read the day the CDC changed their guidance was that it was due to the issues with vaccinated people having a viral load sufficient to transmit it to an unvaccinated person.  But not that the vaccinated person had any symptoms.

[quote]It cites a combination of recently obtained, still-unpublished data from outbreak investigations and outside studies showing that vaccinated individuals infected with delta may be able to transmit the virus as easily as those who are unvaccinated. Vaccinated people infected with delta have measurable viral loads similar to those who are unvaccinated and infected with the variant.[quote]

Data is supposed to be published today.

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Right.  In fact some vaccinated have been hospitalized.

The Moderna has a 94% efficacy.  That means 100 million people are vaccinated, 6 million of them do not have immunity.

The J&J has only 66& efficacy.  So 34 million out of 100 million are at risk.

NO vaccine is 100%.  There will always be "breakthrough" cases.  The point is, to get the point where it is unlikely someone with the disease will come in close enough contact to transmit to an at risk person.

This is how every vaccine against a disease that is transmitted person to person works.  

26 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No problem, we tested at CVS no cost for travel last month

The first time I did the screening survey on the CVS website, I misread the question about travel and did NOT answer yes. The message I got was the test would not be free. Did it again and indicated I needed the test for travel and got the message I qualified for a free test. I had not provided any insurance information. 

Edited by Acruisingperson
  • Like 2