Masks or cancellations again???

joelheather

42 minutes ago, Anung Un Rama said:

I hope I don't have to wear a mask on board but I won't cancel if I do.  I NEED a vacation and we have a nice room and balcony to hang out on (all week if need be).  I'll just put on my mask to hop down to Alchemy and take my drink back to my room.

I could have written exactly this!  LOL  We are booked on the Magic in Sept and strategically chose our balcony room in proximity to a staircase close to Alchemy. #priorities

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

This has all been caused by the unvaccinated.

Said with such authority but... doesn't seem likely given today's CDC report

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm?s_cid=mm7031e2_w

Maybe it's just caused by a virus. 

Viruses mutate and humans get sick. People can do everything right and still get sick - so blame the virus, not the people.

The vaccine didn't make the virus go away, it made it survivable. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Said with such authority but... doesn't seem likely given today's CDC report

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm?s_cid=mm7031e2_w

Maybe it's just caused by a virus. 

Viruses mutate and humans get sick. People can do everything right and still get sick - so blame the virus, not the people.

The vaccine didn't make the virus go away, it made it survivable. 

PREACH

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, joelheather said:

Will masks on cruising be mandatory, or will another no sail order be enforced due to cases rising? your thoughts…

I think mitigation methods against this virus will by tried in this order as things get worse:

• Testing at the terminal for all passengers
  • Negative test from home required for all passengers (like Royal is trying now)
  • Testing for all required before disembarking
  • Masks required in all indoor locations
  • Vaccine requirement to board - no exemptions
  • Limits on sailings from the states/ports with unacceptably large cases per capita
  • General no sail order

I hope things settle down to the point where the cruise lines don't have to do anything but wait, but at this point it's just a hope and not a prediction.  Be ready for anything.

3 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I leave in three weeks and am getting more nervous that the CDC will require masks for everyone by the time my cruise gets here.

Same here but I think it will likely be to test before boarding (our expense) before masks everywhere onboard. 

• Like 1

We are fully vaccinated but if mask wearing onboard is mandated we will cancel all bookings until the masks goes away!!! A vacation with a mask is not a vacation at all to me!!! Just my opinion, not trying to offend those who really love the masks!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, wkucrprez said:

I rebooked after the first successful sail of the Horizon for the September 4th sailing. I did this as masks on board were not required. If Carnival changes that policy between now and the  requires masking on board I will not sail and will expect Carnival to let me cancel penalty free.  No way in hell am I wearing a mask on board all day and night. 

Then stay home....we are all dealing with a pandemic!

• Like 1

I don't post much, but these posts about canceling a trip because of having to wear a mask tickle me. In May, I spent 11 days at Disney World and Universal before the mask mandate was dropped. We had to wear them in the hotels, outdoors in the park except for eating and drinking, and all on all attractions. In the end, it was one of the best vacations ever. I will be on a B2B cruise starting with the first Carnival Magic cruise from Port Canaveral on August 7. If I end up having to wear a mask for some reason, you won't hear me complain. I will be on a cruise. I think it is all in one's attitude and the realization that life is too short to fret over the small things we have no control over. Live life to the fullest even with the obstacles, and you might find you're stronger than you ever thought possible. Just my two cents, now i am going back to packing. I am ready to cruise. 😎

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SDN said:

Same here but I think it will likely be to test before boarding (our expense) before masks everywhere onboard. 

I sure hope so.  I have no issue with submitting a negative covid test before boarding.  Requiring masks on the ship will be a deal breaker.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pokerguy90 said:

Can you imagine wearing a mask on an open deck in the middle of the ocean? That salty, humidity will make that mask uncomfortable to wear.  Not to mention in the warm Caribbean under the hot sun.  Ewwwwwww.  

It beats wearing one on land.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, UAGuy2021 said:

I don't post much, but these posts about canceling a trip because of having to wear a mask tickle me. In May, I spent 11 days at Disney World and Universal before the mask mandate was dropped. We had to wear them in the hotels, outdoors in the park except for eating and drinking, and all on all attractions. In the end, it was one of the best vacations ever. I will be on a B2B cruise starting with the first Carnival Magic cruise from Port Canaveral on August 7. If I end up having to wear a mask for some reason, you won't hear me complain. I will be on a cruise. I think it is all in one's attitude and the realization that life is too short to fret over the small things we have no control over. Live life to the fullest even with the obstacles, and you might find you're stronger than you ever thought possible. Just my two cents, now i am going back to packing. I am ready to cruise. 😎

Some people have no issue with the masks and others detest wearing them.  Just because you have no issue with the masks, doesn't mean people who choose to avoid situations where wearing them is mandatory makes them unable to do things that are fun.  If masks are required everywhere on the ship, I hope the ships are filled with people like you.  However, people like me will not consider that a fun vacation.  Wearing a mask in the heat is in no way enjoyable, inside or out. It doesn't mean I can't still live life to the fullest just because I will choose a vacation that doesn't require wearing a mask.

Different strokes for different folks.      My husband and I agree that wearing masks on the ship is a deal breaker.  We can just vacation a different way.  I am in Florida right now and haven't put on a mask once.  

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Personally, I can deal with mask in indoor spaces. I can skip the shows, comedy, etc. I could also skip the buffet. I enjoy the outdoor activities and watching the sea go by. 

I agree.  Am I worried about Delta...sure am.  I can go without the shows, etc.  I don't even go in that urine saturated pool.  My husband and me only need our balcony and the sea,  After months of chemo, surgeries and Covid...I will wear a mask anywhere to be able to have some serenity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Different strokes for different folks.      My husband and I agree that wearing masks on the ship is a deal breaker.  We can just vacation a different way.  I am in Florida right now and haven't put on a mask once.  

And you think this is a good thing?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

Personally, I can deal with mask in indoor spaces. I can skip the shows, comedy, etc. I could also skip the buffet. I enjoy the outdoor activities and watching the sea go by. 

^^^^^This! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

If masks are required everywhere on the ship, I hope the ships are filled with people like you. 

If that is ends up being the case, I am sure it will be great time for all. 😁

• Haha 2

Well, before this thread goes poof, all I can say is that I am still hoping my September Dream cruise happens.  But I understand that it may not, and the protocols may change at any time.  For anyone cruising in the next 6 months, I think this is the only way to look at it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UAGuy2021 said:

Good for you. But.....not for me. I can not even wear a mask now for five minutes in a doctor's office and I'm ready to tear it off my face. Been there, done that. Not going to pay to wear a mask on vacation. I'd rather stay home mask free.

• Like 10

I think we are not looking at the big picture.  Right now, people who are vaccinated, are catching and spreading Covid.  Those who are not vaccinated, many are dying.  Studies have shown that Delta  is more contagious. 

I wear my mask everywhere except my own home, and in my car as long it is only my family.  I do not walk out my apartment door without a mask.  I wear a mask at work.   Don't get me wrong.... I hate wearing a mask... but it a sacrifice I made to keep others safe.

My daughter is 5 and can't be vaccinated yet.   I have coworkers who can't get vaccinated for one reason or another. 

I am vaccinated.  If I catch Covid, there is a low chance that I would be hospitalized or die.  However, I could easily spread it to those who are not vaccinated. That is not true for so many people right now.  

We cruise in August.  Even if we have to wear a mask while on the ship we will be there.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1