It looks like Celebrity is now requiring negative COVID test before boarding

jcpc

4 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

They will provide the test free of charge. No worries. I did a B2B on Millennium last month and the test took minutes to get the results, The ship is the safest place to be! Go cruise and have fun!

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your 7-Night Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Sunday, August 1. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

All guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes.

If you are able to provide negative test results, from an antigen test taken within 48 hours of embarkation, you will not be required to take an additional test at the pier. Proof of a negative result will significantly expedite your check-in and boarding process. Should you receive a positive test result or be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered.

Celebrity Equinox will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit  https://www.healthyatsea.com. We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. The health and safety of everyone onboard is our number one priority. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. We look forward to providing you an amazing Celebrity Cruises vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Hey Dave!!!!! It’s Chris and Autumn from Millie. Have a great time brother!!! We’re back on Millie Aug 20th for Alaska. We will for sure miss you guys!! Have a great time Sunday!!

We’ll let the god father know you say hi!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by BoundForSea

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Aren't you forgetting things have gotten drastically worse in the last few weeks.  Celebrity is simply attempting to keep Covid from its ships.

You need a test together on an airplane anyway.  Tests available even in Point Roberts with 500 residents.  Results next day.  At Seattle within minutes.

Arena you forgetting that a warning of the D-varient increase was given a week ago by the CDC?

Celebrity should have made the new test requirement known to their passengers at least by Wednesday so they would not have the cost of flying and lodging.  Not less than a day of warning. 

I will repeat this for the third time...

I am in favor of the additional testing. 

I am not in favor of how it was sprung on the passengers who should have been given more time to be able to get testing done before they paid out a potentially unnecessary expense.

1 minute ago, BoundForSea said:

Hey Dave!!!!! It’s Chris and Autumn from Millie. Have a great time brother!!! We’re back on Millie Aug 20th for Alaska. We will for sure miss you guys!! Have a great time Sunday!!

Hey! We will miss you two also! I know we will sail together again. We are on Connie over Christmas ND the Reflection in March and back on Millie in June.

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

If you look at what was posted earlier, this testing requirement is currently for sail dates through 9/6. That's why you got the email for your 9/5 sailing, but @rim140 didn't for their 9/24 sailing... YET.

Interesting!     My letter has no dates specified at all.    It doesn't even specify that its for our 9/5 or 9/17 cruises.   

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

About your upcoming travels

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are continuously evaluating all requirements from local government and health officials. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

All guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately.

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel. These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.

Celebrity Equinox will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit  https://www.healthyatsea.com. We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. We're confident they will deliver a more satisfying vacation experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

We received the email re testing as we were driving to our hotel from FLL.  We board Equinox Sunday and it is Friday night. Good gravy!  What if we are asymptomatic positive?  We don’t think we are but how would we know?  It would be so cruel to be so close to being onboard and (understandably) have it scuttled.  We may try to find an antigen test around here tomorrow, just to rest easy - or make alternate plans!!  

• Like 3

We are in Fort Lauderdale and ready to board Edge tomorrow (7/31). We were laying on the beach under a palm tree when we got the email notice about 4pm. We kind of panicked at first, searching for a place to test. We could not find a single testing spot in Fort Lauderdale with rapid testing available at the late hour. We found one that offered PCR but the results were in 48 hours. So.. we will have to test at the port tomorrow.

We flew out Wednesday night and could have easily taken the test prior to boarding our plan for here. I wish they would have given us more notice, but we have to roll with the punches. We are fully vaccinated and feeling great, so fingers crossed!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MaggieAtSea said:

We received the email re testing as we were driving to our hotel from FLL.  We board Equinox Sunday and it is Friday night. Good gravy!  What if we are asymptomatic positive?  We don’t think we are but how would we know?  It would be so cruel to be so close to being onboard and (understandably) have it scuttled.  We may try to find an antigen test around here tomorrow, just to rest easy - or make alternate plans!!  

I read on a different thread that for cruises leaving this weekend they are doing free tests provided by Celebrity at the port.    Please check with Celebrity as I don't have independent knowledge.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting!     My letter has no dates specified at all.    It doesn't even specify that its for our 9/5 or 9/17 cruises.   

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

About your upcoming travels

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols. Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are continuously evaluating all requirements from local government and health officials. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

All guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately.

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel. These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. We're confident they will deliver a more satisfying vacation experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

You probably got it for your 9/5 sailing since an earlier poster got an email that the testing is effective through 9/6. My Alaska sailing is September 10 and I did not get an email. Not yet anyway.  

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

I read on a different thread that for cruises leaving this weekend they are doing free tests provided by Celebrity at the port.    Please check with Celebrity as I don't have independent knowledge.

Yes, the email we received was clear free testing at the port, but we aren’t having any problems finding free Antigen testing elsewhere tomorrow.  May well be worth it to know our status prior to arrival at the port Sunday.

1 minute ago, katrina915 said:

You probably got it for your 9/5 sailing since an earlier poster got an email that the testing is effective through 9/6. My Alaska sailing is September 10 and I did not get an email. Not yet anyway.  

The one from my TA has the Reservation number and Date for the 9/5.      I made appointments today for 9/2 at 4:00 PM PDT.   They are quoting results in less than 24 hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaggieAtSea said:

Yes, the email we received was clear free testing at the port, but we aren’t having any problems finding free Antigen testing elsewhere tomorrow.  May well be worth it to know our status prior to arrival at the port Sunday.

Maybe try one of the self tests.    I have no knowledge how accurate they are but they are offering them for sale at CVS

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The verbiage I referred to is in this post, which looks like communication that was sent to travel agents.

23 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

We’ll let the god father know you say hi!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Please give Gede our love!

2 hours ago, imtired1959 said:

I am not in favor of how it was sprung on the passengers who should have been given more time to be able to get testing done before they paid out a potentially unnecessary expense.

I think that fact they had 7 or 8 cases on the Edge this week REQUIRED them to take swift actions. Especially since each positive is then flown by a private plane home. That’s 3 private flights Celebrity funded for just one 50% occupied cruise.  Remember these are only passengers who willingly went to medical for testing. No way to know how many positives passengers are truly on board at this point. 

Inconvenience for passengers - yes. Will check in tomorrow be a nightmare - most likely. Necessary step for the good of the entire ship - definitely. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That shouldn't be a problem.    Since we are in California 6:00 PM Eastern is 3:00 PM local.  I think I am going to go ahead an book a slot today since they have every time slot open. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

12 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

They didn't know they had 7 positive, vaccinated pax on Edge 72 hrs ago.  It's a rolling target.  Are you going to check your luggage before you test or after?

This is a good question...

8 hours ago, Team Stag said:

Inconvenience for passengers - yes. Will check in tomorrow be a nightmare - most likely. Necessary step for the good of the entire ship - definitely. 

Inconvenience?   How about money?  I will not be accepting FCC.  I want cash... for the cruise refund and my flights and hotel.

I am glad that you have the disposable income to fly down to Fort Lauderdale for the night to have dinner and fly back home.

I do not.

For the fourth time:

I agree with the testing.  I disagree with the eleventh hour implementation. 

7 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

Inconvenience?   How about money?  I will not be accepting FCC.  I want cash... for the cruise refund and my flights and hotel.

I am glad that you have the disposable income to fly down to Fort Lauderdale for the night to have dinner and fly back home.

I do not.

For the fourth time:

The Covid Assistance plan states that those testing positive 14 days before boarding or at check in will get a refund.

The assistance for quarantine and altered travel plans is offered for those who test positive during the cruise so I don’t know how they will deal with that since it was a last minute change.

Do you have travel insurance?

This is on the =X= website as of a few minutes ago.   It's clear they will terminal test today and tomorrow for free, and next week through early September the onus is on the passenger:

For the Celebrity Edge sailing of 7/31/21 and the Celebrity Equinox sailing of 8/1/21, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes.  If you are able to provide negative test results, from an antigen test taken within 48 hours of embarkation, you will not be required to take an additional test at the pier. Proof of a negative result will significantly expedite your check-in and boarding process. 

For US sailings departing as of August 6, 2021 through September 6, 2021, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 

Edited by marieps

14 minutes ago, imtired1959 said:

I do not.

For the fourth time:

If my Wife or fail the test, we are headed for The Keys for the week…agree on the timing…but flights and Saturday night hotel is booked..refund will be requested for sure..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I spoke again to the retreat concierge Edwin who spoke with Tanji, concierge for the Edge and Alicia, concierge for the Equinox to clarify if fully vaccinated guests with proof of vaccination would be tested at the port this weekend if they haven’t obtained a PCR or antigen test within 72 hours of sailing. Unequivocally they said no. Port testing on 7/31/21 or 8/1/21 will not take place according to them. Just present proof of vaccination and pass the health screening and board as we did on the June 26th Edge screening.

We will see tomorrow whether what I was told is true.