It looks like Celebrity is now requiring negative COVID test before boarding

jcpc

1 hour ago, Real NHDOC said:

Looks like Celebrity has reconsidered one of its policies.  The email I received had this sentence:

"Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered."

which was also what was on their website yesterday but now their official website policy has been revised to read:

"Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a Future Cruise Credit will be offered."

LOL, I wonder who was fired because they included the "R" word in the policy initially.

Maybe it's time to bring out the lawyers.  If I purchased the cruise with the option of a 100% refund, I'm not sure they can change it.

9 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I flew United to Hawaii a month or so ago, and there was never a requirement by the airline to have a covid test and was never asked.  Now entering Hawaii was a different story.

I should have pointed out I was referring to Airlines flying International that required testing

This just arrived from Celebrity.  There is no mention of testing for anyone other than those coming internationally. I don't know what to make of it.  (Sorry the headers didn't copy and the italics are mine.) It is from celebritycruisesdigital@rcccl.com

It looks identical to the one I got a couple of weeks ago before the testing requirements was implemented. It could a mistake- heaven knows the right hand at Celebrity doesn't always know what the left  hand is doing.  I am on Equinox next Sunday. Not canceling my test appointment yet!

We’re counting down the days to your sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Here’s important information on testing and health screening requirements.

US ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.

Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.

VACCINATION POLICY

Following CDC guidelines we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated.

All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.

Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.

All unvaccinated children 6 months to 15 years old (6 months to 11 years old as of August 1st) will require a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required prior to arrival at terminal. A link will be provided via email to the unvaccinated guest.

Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding.

WHILE ONBOARD

Following CDC Guidelines, masks will not be required for vaccinated guests.

8 minutes ago, Straughn said:

This just arrived from Celebrity.  There is no mention of testing for anyone other than those coming internationally. I don't know what to make of it.  (Sorry the headers didn't copy and the italics are mine.) It is from celebritycruisesdigital@rcccl.com

It looks identical to the one I got a couple of weeks ago before the testing requirements was implemented. It could a mistake- heaven knows the right hand at Celebrity doesn't always know what the left  hand is doing.  I am on Equinox next Sunday. Not canceling my test appointment yet!

We’re counting down the days to your sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. Here’s important information on testing and health screening requirements.

US ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel.

Be sure to save a copy on your phone and bring a printed copy. Name on test results must match those on government issued identification.

VACCINATION POLICY

Following CDC guidelines we will sail with all crew vaccinated and at least 95% of guests will be fully vaccinated.

All guests 16 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. As of August 1, 2021, all guests age 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.

Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.

All unvaccinated children 6 months to 15 years old (6 months to 11 years old as of August 1st) will require a complimentary Covid-19 test at the terminal. Registration is required prior to arrival at terminal. A link will be provided via email to the unvaccinated guest.

Guests that do not meet the testing and health screening policy requirements will be denied boarding.

We got the same exact email  (arrived this morning, Aug 1).   We're also on the Equinox next Sunday.   So this means we do NOT have to get tested ahead of time???   Nothing about fully vaccinated US citizens requiring testing:

"All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel."

1 minute ago, kokopelli-az said:

We got the same exact email  (arrived this morning, Aug 1).   We're also on the Equinox next Sunday.   So this means we do NOT have to get tested ahead of time???   Nothing about fully vaccinated US citizens requiring testing:

"All non-US residents must present a negative NAAT or Antigen test taken with 3 days of travel."

How the heck does anyone knows what this means??? Maybe there was so much confusion and grief yesterday, that Celebrity rethought their policy. Today's group has been told that if you are vaccinated you don't need to be tested.  

With the roller coaster ride about testing over the last few days, I am keeping my appointment on Friday.  They can change their minds ten times between now and August 8.

Some of these communications are scheduled in advance to be sent automatically and the low-level employee assigned to making sure the information is updated in the right place probably was off on Thursday & Friday.  Celebrity is truly awful with their communications, from their website to their call center to their emails.  It's amazing how much better it is once you're on the actual ship.

1 minute ago, bEwAbG said:

Some of these communications are scheduled in advance to be sent automatically and the low-level employee assigned to making sure the information is updated in the right place probably was off on Thursday & Friday.  Celebrity is truly awful with their communications, from their website to their call center to their emails.  It's amazing how much better it is once you're on the actual ship.

👆

9 hours ago, kelib said:

Have you tried CVS? Usually you need to go to a store that has Minute Clinic. I have 5 CVS stores within 4 miles of my home, but need to go to a store 10 miles away.

If you go online, put in zip code and antigen test it will tell you what stores have it.

I would call and make sure because I went online and my CVS showed they do the rapid test and when I got there I was told they do not. 

We are sailing on the Edge on 8/21 (well, hopefully!) and I just got the same email this morning mentioning the NAAT/Antigen test for non-US residents. 

Nothing about testing for vaccinated people. My unvaccinated 9-year-old got an email with a link to schedule her antigen test during embarkation, the rest of us got an email saying unvaccinated guests must have a PCR test within 3 days of arrival to the terminal…

I’m hoping this will be all worked out in the next few weeks and they can make up their minds because this trip is already stressful enough without trying to get a PCR test and having the additional anxiety of trying to time it within 72 hours and still have the results back in time. I might email our travel agent and see if she can find out if the NAAT test at Walgreens is sufficient because based on this email about non-US residents it seems like it should be? 

On 7/30/2021 at 8:18 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Aren't you forgetting things have gotten drastically worse in the last few weeks.  Celebrity is simply attempting to keep Covid from its ships.

You need a test together on an airplane anyway.  Tests available even in Point Roberts with 500 residents.  Results next day.  At Seattle within minutes.

This. All of this. My MIL was in the hospital for almost 5 days a little more than a week ago, not with covid. Things got worse from the day she was admitted, to the next day, got a little worse a day later, and have gotten worse in the local hospitals since her discharge. Things have changed at lightening speed. Our rules where I work changed from my shift Thursday morning, to an hour or so after I got home. People need to cut them some slack. 

• Like 1

Just checked with Celebrity website about cruise requirements from Florida and here is what it says, it was updated yesterday. It covers today's Equinox cruise and all futures ones from Aug 6 to September 6 in the second paragraph that I highlighted

For the Celebrity Equinox sailing of 8/1/21, pre-cruise testing in the terminal today will be optional for vaccinated guests and required for unvaccinated guests. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes. Additionally, as a reminder, all unvaccinated guests, under 12 years of age, must arrive at the terminal with a negative COVID-19 test result. For today’s embarkation, this test may have be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within the past three days.  

For US sailings departing as of August 6, 2021 through September 6, 2021, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 

• Like 3

We are on Edge 8/21. We each got the email today that unvaccinated need to get test at port with the link to schedule. We are both vaccinated. We never received the email on Friday about evryone needed to be tested. I hope they can send out some clear guidance. Just hoping masks will not be required. That will be a deal breaker for us. I do not mind wearing masks to grocery store, etc. I do not want to wear a mask the whole time on a cruise.

46 minutes ago, Straughn said:

With the roller coaster ride about testing over the last few days, I am keeping my appointment on Friday.  They can change their minds ten times between now and August 8.

We're with you -- keeping our Thursday evening appointments.  Who knows what can change in the next 7 days? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cdcummings said:

30 mins garage to room; no test required for vaxxed; surprisingly smooth, certainly no line outside the building at all (a few small lines inside but smooth).

B13B4C7D-92A6-4487-918F-4D58E66833C7.jpeg

Thank you! Stay Safe! HAPPY CRUISING!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Just checked with Celebrity website about cruise requirements from Florida and here is what it says, it was updated yesterday. It covers today's Equinox cruise and all futures ones from Aug 6 to September 6 in the second paragraph that I highlighted

For the Celebrity Equinox sailing of 8/1/21, pre-cruise testing in the terminal today will be optional for vaccinated guests and required for unvaccinated guests. This will be a complimentary rapid test and results will be available within 30 minutes. Additionally, as a reminder, all unvaccinated guests, under 12 years of age, must arrive at the terminal with a negative COVID-19 test result. For today’s embarkation, this test may have be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within the past three days.  

For US sailings departing as of August 6, 2021 through September 6, 2021, all guests over the age of two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation.  This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation.  Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs. 

Thanks for posting.    That's pretty clear.  

8 minutes ago, cdcummings said:

30 mins garage to room; no test required for vaxxed; surprisingly smooth, certainly no line outside the building at all (a few small lines inside but smooth).

B13B4C7D-92A6-4487-918F-4D58E66833C7.jpeg

Just showed my Wife your post. She said the drink you show looks good. We are not drinkers.  What is it? Have one on us! CHEERS!

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting.    That's pretty clear.  

What about the other one which was just posted that did not require a test?

DAHHHHHHHH

TOTALLY HOSED

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Just showed my Wife your post. She said the drink you show looks good. We are not drinkers.  What is it? Have one on us! CHEERS!

Not the original poster, but looks like a Miami Vice (mix of pina colada and strawberry daiquiri, a great drink to get with or without alcohol)

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 7:39 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

We had a lab PCR test done at San Francisco airport where we had results in 20 minutes.   They had the special lab machines there and we waited, outside the airport in a seated area, until our results came through.   The results were digitally uploaded to United and to Hawaii.   Most major airports have these facilities.   Our tests were expensive $200 each but that was back in Feb.

we fly out of a small regional airport and not such test   wish we did.  

20 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Use N95 masks in those situations and you will seriously reduced getting randomly infected.

Have the same prob. of testing before I get on the plane then waiting 1 to 2 days for results

which means Ill be in FLL.    one false postitive  and we are in trouble.  oh well 15 days till final payment

• Like 1

People, the latest Celebrity mailing indicates you must get an antigen or PCR test.  That means ID Now (which was acceptable in Hawaii) is not acceptable to Celebrity.  Celebrity phone support indicates that the NAAT nucleic acid antigen test is not acceptable and in our area north of Orlando, it is more difficult to get a rapid PCR or Antigen test.  Please read the rewording the the Celebrity Statement on Aug 8.  There will be no option to take the test at the pier.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/CEL/Common_Elements/cel_logo.png

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS 

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your Caribbean sailing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we depart, we have some important information to share regarding our Health and Safety Protocols.Celebrity Cruises has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we return to service, we are continuously evaluating all requirements from local government and health officials. Out of an abundance of caution, Celebrity Cruises will be enhancing COVID-19 testing requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated guests.

All guests over the age two, regardless of vaccination status, will now be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result at the time of embarkation. This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. Each guest is responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as all associated costs.

Unvaccinated guests and children, under 12 years of age, will be required to take an additional antigen test at the terminal prior to embarkation, mid-cruise and on the day before disembarkation. A registration link for required testing will be sent separately.

Should a guest be unable to complete the testing requirements, a 100% refund or Future Cruise Credit will be offered. Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed closer to your sailing departure date in line with the most up to date recommendations from local government and health officials as well as our Healthy Sail Panel. These measures, including vaccination and testing requirements, will evolve along with public health standards.

Celebrity Equinox will sail with a vaccinated crew, and at least 95% of guests fully vaccinated. Guests 12 years and older must be fully vaccinated with all COVID-19 vaccine doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests who decline or are unable to show proof of vaccination at boarding will be treated as unvaccinated and subject to additional protocols, restrictions, and costs for COVID-19 testing. For details on our current health and safety protocols please visit  https://www.healthyatsea.com. We’re sailing with fewer guests for more space – and more luxury with even more activities to avoid large gatherings in public spaces.

We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. We're confident they will deliver a more satisfying vacation experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

7 minutes ago, VermontsFinest said:

Not the original poster, but looks like a Miami Vice (mix of pina colada and strawberry daiquiri, a great drink to get with or without alcohol)

Thank you!  We will try one,  without, on the Edge 9/4 if IT'S AGO!

STAY SAFE! 

• Like 1