EDGE July 31

Tee & Chilli

26 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

They aren't flying a helicopter from Tampa. It's a medivac jet that will transfer to Fort Lauderdale. 

Several reasons for the helicopter. Moving a patient from the ship into a helicopter at sea is always the absolute last resort. They would need Coast Guard or equivelent support. If they feel the patient is safer onboard than they would be at a facility on land, they will keep the patient on board until they can get them transferred to their end desintation. They will either briefly dock or if it's safe enough, use a tender to transfer the patient from ship to land to air transport. 

That makes much more sense.  GT may have been the nearest port for Edge with facilities to handle the jet.

Day 7 - sea day

It’s been difficult to post on cc. I’m not certain if problems are with cc or Celebrity wifi. I type messages and they do not appear.

Captain Kate did not hold the Q&A and she did not attend the cat trivia. A member of the activities staff did a great job.

After the announcement that we arrive at 5 pm tomorrow, celebrity gave passengers wifi access to change their flights.

I noticed in the app some activities are posted for tomorrow.

A highlight from this afternoon was the yummy shrimp risotto in the Oceanview cafe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, npb said:

How will your late arrival impact embarkation?

From the 8/7 roll call: "Celebrity Edge will arrive into Port Everglades at approximately 5:00 PM tomorrow. We will dock at Terminal 18 instead of Terminal 25 as previously scheduled. Later this evening, we will be able to provide adjusted check-in and arrival times to the terminal for all guests."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I noticed in the app some activities are posted for tomorrow.

Just curious, what kind of activities?  Only real downer for many is that while you won't get charged an airline change fee, odds are booking a flight last minute will be more expensive than the original flight.

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Just curious, what kind of activities?  Only real downer for many is that while you won't get charged an airline change fee, odds are booking a flight last minute will be more expensive than the original flight.

Day 8 activities 

Trivia

Golf tournament 

Table tennis tournament 

Game shows 

Behind the podium speaker 

Line dance class

Origami 

Bean bag toss

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Agree. Any word if Celebrity will reimburse for the extra fees?

i was able to book a flight out of Miami.    I need help with transportation to airport.   Celebrity originally said they would have transfer……….but no!

should I take taxi or book towncar?     

anyone else going to Mia?   Would love to share a taxi or car.

I could not stay over in FLL but had to get home.    

thanks for any advice.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Corgidawgga said:

i was able to book a flight out of Miami.    I need help with transportation to airport.   Celebrity originally said they would have transfer……….but no!

thanks for any advice.   

Perhaps someone on the roll call can assist you. Best regards

5 minutes ago, Corgidawgga said:

thanks for any advice.   

If the idea is to save money, Vlogger Tony said it was $38 for an uber from the port to Miami, that was at 9am-ish but I'd imagine it would be cheaper than a taxi which would probably be close to $100.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chelles24 said:

Agree. Any word if Celebrity will reimburse for the extra fees?

That's what insurance is for, this is not a Celebrity issue..

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

72A10BF0-78BE-4903-B1E2-457FB53A9EAA.jpeg

I know it’s an inconvenience, but we would all want things done the same if the tables were turned and it was us or our loved one. Praying they’re okay, and hoping for as smooth of changes as possible for all those departing and arriving tomorrow. 

• Like 8