EDGE July 31

Tee & Chilli

Day 3 At Sea

Today was a good day for relaxing and doing a bunch of “nothings”. I enjoy sea days. We wondered around the ship,. We played some games in The Club, went to the behind the podium talk, ate 3 meals and multiple snacks. I also took in a nap.

Tonight’s performance was a tribute to Aretha Franklin - very good.

949032D0-52DF-46F5-A3A4-B56BDE34F181.jpeg

C63B432A-3DC9-4A53-8485-60448A31C9A4.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

You got my attention with Brownies!!!  What time are they available?  No calories, right?🙂

During Lunch which is 12:00-1:30.   No calories for sure but they are so rich you may need some Vanilla Ice Cream to go with them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Tomorrow is St Thomas. I’ll report if you’re operators are at the pier. It’s sad so many that make a living on tourism are greatly impacted.

Today the CDC elevated the US Virgin Islands to Level 4 for COVID.  According to the posting it shouldn't have much impact for you if any.  But please let us know if it does.

1 minute ago, cltnccruisers said:

Today the CDC elevated the US Virgin Islands to Level 4 for COVID.  According to the posting it shouldn't have much impact for you if any.  But please let us know if it does.

Oh no

Thanks for sharing. My mom may decide to stay onboard. If we do I’m sure we can find a bunch of nothings to do. 😀

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

During Lunch which is 12:00-1:30.   No calories for sure but they are so rich you may need some Vanilla Ice Cream to go with them.

I will make sure to get a brownie during lunch time. Sadly, ice cream doesn't sit with me so to make up for it... two brownies!  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Ken the cruiserposted additional information on another thread. So far no indication if St Thomas or St Maarten stops will be changed. I’m ok with going to Coco Cay however Celebrity has never stopped there. 

Thanks to @cltnccruisers and Ken for bringing this to our attention.

Here’s what Ken  posted:

The government of the U.S. Virgin Islands has informed Royal Caribbean of a new policy that requires all cruise passengers ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated in order for the ship to be allowed entry into the port. This latest requirement applies to all cruise shipsscheduled to enter U.S. Virgin Island ports.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

@Ken the cruiserposted additional information on another thread. So far no indication if St Thomas or St Maarten stops will be changed. I’m ok with going to Coco Cay however Celebrity has never stopped there. 

Thanks to @cltnccruisers and Ken for bringing this to our attention.

Here’s what Ken  posted:

The government of the U.S. Virgin Islands has informed Royal Caribbean of a new policy that requires all cruise passengers ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated in order for the ship to be allowed entry into the port. This latest requirement applies to all cruise ships scheduled to enter U.S. Virgin Island ports.

RCL has announced that all passengers on the Allure of The Seas have to show proof of vaccination to board next weekend to meet this requirement for St Thomas. This is a big policy change for RCL.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Day 3 At Sea

Today was a good day for relaxing and doing a bunch of “nothings”. I enjoy sea days. We wondered around the ship,. We played some games in The Club, went to the behind the podium talk, ate 3 meals and multiple snacks. I also took in a nap.

Tonight’s performance was a tribute to Aretha Franklin - very good.

949032D0-52DF-46F5-A3A4-B56BDE34F181.jpeg

C63B432A-3DC9-4A53-8485-60448A31C9A4.jpeg

I see the seats were as empty as they were 4 weeks ago .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

We’re here in St Thomas arrived early. 

FD901A8F-54FF-4EA1-8E21-ABB7A690FB96.jpeg

0C8D3836-E5A8-42C1-92D3-8A2DC7FC7827.jpeg

Crown Bay..not Havensight ( our favorite).

Looks like there is still  not much there. But the scenery is beautiful!

Enjoy..stay safe.

Edited by hcat

17 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Can brownies and ice cream be classified as a vegetable? Asking for a friend.

Why not. I ate homemade brownie's in the 60's and 70's that weren't traditional Betty Crocker or my moms brownies. ✌️😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mlanders said:

Any updates on COVID cases on board? Are mask being worn on deck, in theaters, etc? We are sailing on Aug 14th, and hope cases don’t increase on subsequent cruises

No mention or announcements of any cases. Many passengers were not tested at boarding and not required for Nassau or St Thomas. Tomorrow we’ll be in St Maarten.

All crew are wearing masks and many of them have double masks. Captain Kate is seen regularly at the buffet and Cafe Al Bacio and she also has her mask on.

I’m guessing about 5. - 7% of passengers are wearing masks. We have not ditched ours at home and now they are a regular part of our wardrobe. 

Everyone who got off in St Thomas today had to wear a mask. They are required indoors and outside.

• Like 1