The Daily for Sunday August 01, 2021

richwmn

Today is Friendship Day, International Forgiveness Day, and National Girlfriends Day

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. - Zsa Zsa Gabor

Meal suggestion for today - Easy Baked Meatballs

Drink of the Day - Tequila Slammer

Wine of the day - Opus One - California

Destination of the Day - San Juan Puerto Rico

Ships with Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Juneau

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Ionian Sea
Eurodam Destination Augusta IT eta Today

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting
Noordam Destination Los Angeles eta 8/3
Zuiderdam Drifting

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX
Westerdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0801World.thumb.png.8a71f945f1bf74aea436033dd7d19224.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the first Daily of August, Rich.  The days seem to share a common bond of friendship and I salute all three.  I love the Gabor quote.  I've been to San Juan several times, but I think only on Royal Caribbean (oops, the start/end point of my nephew's Celebrity wedding cruise).  The meatballs sound good.  My alternative is Fruit Pallet des Artiste, Iced Melon Bisque and Grilled Ginger Chicken Breast with Mango Lime Relish as served on MS Prinsendam August 1, 2011.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU(hopefully not long
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed(Out of ICU)
bennybear DSIL infection
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Front Line Health Care Workers
CrazyForCats off to Seattle
HorizonChaser1957 to Okaanagan
puppycanducruise adopting Bertie Woofster
jayhawk66;s furbaby
Family dinner for Mamaofami
MDR Lunch
garlictown in Maui
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone. Thank you for the daily report.  Cheers to international friends, and forgiveness and girlfriends!  The Gabor quote is funny.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds nice as does Roy’s alternative, decisions decisions.  I love sailing out of San Juan and I wish HAL had at least one ship home port there. We’re off to the beach in Ogunquit today, two nice weekend days in a row, I hardly know what to do with myself!  Prayers to all on our list today and cheers to all with a celebration.

• Like 20

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

What a lovely combination of days and all interconnected!  Love my girlfriend and all my friends.  Forgiveness is so important in life and relationships.  

61E65807-F00E-4DC7-A4C9-833BB336000C.jpeg.6ddc582020927f65567e3fbb6922b5cc.jpeg

LOL on the Zsa Zsa Gabor quote.  That so sounds like her 😉 

The wine of the day sounds intriguing.  No hamburger so I’ll pass on the meal for today.  We do have hamburgers though - does that count?  LOL.

@bennybearI do have babies on my Serrano peppers.  Hard to take a pic as they are behind other plants in my planter.

8F41117B-D823-48AE-8D5A-B515F912B1E8.thumb.jpeg.0e593e32b46b57eb1fe15cd35b8d8952.jpeg

Most of the black pearls are hidden too although they are growing.  Here’s one in a separate planter so you can compare but no babies yet.

3792789B-BE3D-42EF-BBC1-8787C9446F16.thumb.jpeg.e817b9b775d997892ae10e756fa1788b.jpeg

Yesterday our province had gone totally “green”now (re-opened).  Personally, I feel like it’s too soon and will still be wearing my mask.  A lot of others still are as well.

We’ve been to San Juan a number of times and it is one of our favourite spots in the Caribbean.  The sail in and sail away as you approach El Morro are really something.  The fortresses are always incredible to explore and the people and local area are charming.

I did too much weeding yesterday & feeling lazy.  I better get out of my funk as there’s still a lot to do 😉 

8D306F93-953B-45E2-90B4-E1BBA0215089.jpeg.9ec6b3f26436f9e318944613e84a3ba4.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

4597EE6C-DFA1-4E13-98E4-BB789EC97598.jpeg.7cca7f77c945c0a8d6ea2ced45286b77.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.

Thanks for the Daily Report.

Welcome to August, a new month, hope it's a good one.  We're starting the day with a bit of rain.

Love the collection of days.  

Great quote from Zsa Zsa.

The meal sounds good, hope the drink and the wine are wonderful too.

Prayers to everyone on the Care List.  Cheers to all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 19

Good morning, everyone! 

It looks like a nice day outside, but they say a cold front is coming through and bringing the possibility of showers with it.  Yesterday's Zoom program went very well.  I always agonize over them beforehand and then they turn out wonderfully.

We have a great collection of days to celebrate.  Friendships, forgiveness and girlfriends - what more can you ask for?

Today's meal sounds nice, but I've got a reservation at the grill.  I'll dodge raindrops if necessary.  

https://damndelicious.net/2021/01/23/easy-baked-meatballs/

Easy-Baked-MeatballsIMG_1485.thumb.jpg.c59c138638099f4b5a5e2af56c41d634.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning>

Thanks for the daily and the lists. Great collection of days.The world needs a lot more of international fogiveness. I am a lucky guy in that I wake up next to my girlfreind every morning. Zsa Zsa was a kick, I can easily imagine her saying that.

Hard to believe that it is August already!

Stay safe everyone.

Jim

• Like 19

Happy Sunday.  Great group of days to surround yourself with.  The Gabor quote is cute.  The meal sounds and looks fantastic..  I love anything with meatballs.  We've been to San Juan several times, will look for photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Tequila Slammer:

A Tequila Slammer is a cocktail served in a rocks glass. It is made with tequila. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Tequila
Ingredients: One part 7 Up, Ginger Ale or Mountain Dew, One part Tequila
Preparation: Mix carefully to avoid releasing the dissolved CO2.
Served: Straight up; without ice
Drinkware: Rocks glass
Commonly used ingredients: One part tequila; One part 7 Up, ginger ale, Sprite, or Mountain Dew

The tequila slammer is a tequila shot that is a little more interesting than the average drink. You will need a glass of soda and watch out for the fizz!
The slamming action releases gas bubbles from the mixed drink causing it to foam vigorously. It will then quickly escape the glass if not imbibed immediately, the result (and intention) of which is swift intoxication.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 7.39.57 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. Love all of today’s days and quote. Finally, a destination we’ve been to and many times, but no pictures to share.

Last night’s dinner was so nice having our grandson, Jeremy serve as our waiter. He did a really nice job.Our town has reached a number of covid tests to be ordered to mask up again.

Waiting for our son to visit today and he’s coming with some bagels that Sam ordered.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 25

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! A lovely combination of days!

Roy thank you for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyite family!

@grapau27 thank you for the piper!  @kazu, I passed your test. It is Sunday, not Monday. Stop trying to trick us!

Yesterday’s breeze made our “heat advisory” day more comfortable than the three preceding days. 🤔Not sure what is in store for us today, besides Bindi walks of course. And catching up on our HAL cruisers. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Opus One - California

This wine is so amazing that the “normal” review sources do not even bother. It has quite a pedigree. I chose the 2017 for us, since it is rated 93-95 by the experts and is priced as low as $295 on line.  A bargain!

Opus One is the result of a partnership between Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi that dates back to 1979. In 1981, a case of Opus One sold at the inaugural Napa Valley Wine Auction for $24,000, a record-breaking price for a California wine. The first vintages, 1979 and 1980, were released together in 1984 as the winery’s inaugural release. The 1985 vintage of Opus One was the first California wine exported internationally to France, Germany, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. After the death of Baron Philippe, Baroness Philippine de Rothschild left her career in French theatre to lead Opus One with her artistic influence, direction, and vision. Winemakers of this historic venture have included Lucien Sionneau, Patrick Léon, Timothy Mondavi, and Michael Silacci. Today the winery is owned and operated by Baron Philippe de Rothschild, S.A. and Constellation Brands, Inc. 

Opus One, whose name signifies a single masterpiece, is a proprietary, Bordeaux-style red blend that is predominately comprised of cabernet sauvignon. It is melded with small % of cabernet franc, petit verdot,  merlot, and malbec to create this masterpiece. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all on a beautiful but very warm Sunday morning.  DH tells me there was quite a lightning show about 3:30 am...I refused to open my eyes to see it and went right back to sleep!

Love our celebration days today because they are all so positive.  Thank you Rich for putting together our Daily this morning.  Thank you Roy for compiling our list of Care people and Celebration people.  I think the baked meatballs look delicious and would be happy to have that for our meal, any day even a hot day.  After all, we eat in an air conditioned house so what's the problem.😉  I notice our drink of the day's description ends in "results in swift intoxication".  I think I'd better skip it!  Thanks to Jacqui for the hilarious memes and I especially like the 5 glasses of wine one.

I'm having a lot of coughing this morning and it's getting in my way of reading Cruise Critic!  I sure wish we could figure out what's wrong.

I was talking to my twin yesterday about our neighbor getting Covid.  Her daughter works in radiology at a hospital and she often has Covid patients to X-ray.  Her daughter says the only people dying in her hospital of Covid are the unvaccinated.  The vaccinated don't get very sick.  If there isn't a good medical reason not to be vaccinated, I wish everyone else would put their fears aside and just do it.  Save your life!  

Today's port of San Juan we have visited many times.  I enjoy it though I do remember the first time we were there was the start of the 2006 Crown Princess cruise we took our DD on.  Our room at the Hilton was having a hard time keeping up with the humidity.  When we returned from dinner we noticed our passport pages were trying to curl up!  We put a heavy weight on them overnight to counteract the humidity in our room.  We really had to crank up that A/C!!

• Like 21

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily and care reports

We had a marvelous cruise out of San Juan on Crown Princess.

Great quote and meal selection today.

All the days today are nice.

We called at Gretna Green and I taped a Piper for Roy.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

IMG_20210801_104847.jpg

16278149357974083855300316048657.jpg

Do you ever eat at home?😁

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Good morning. It  certainly  is  a  good  collection  of  days  and  I  will  salute all  friends, girlfriends  and  forgiveness. The  recipe looks  good  but  we  are  grilling  outdoors  today. It  is  a  beautiful  day  here  and  I  took our  dog  and  our  "adopted" dog  on  a  long  walk  very  early. They  are  cute  together  and  walked in  a  very  civilized  manner  in  the  neighborhood. They  play  on  and  off  all  day  in  the  house  and  would  benefit  from  a  yard  with  a  fence!

We  have  been  to  San  Juan  but  not  on  a  cruise  ship.  The  most  memorable  trip  was  the  one  I  took  with  a  hospital  group for  a  long  weekend. It  was  the  first  time  we  had  ever  left  the  children. Oh  my. I  am  better  now,I  think. Tequila  was  not  my  friend  as  many  others  have  learned.

We  are  hoping  that  our  Tana  will   be  able  to  return  home  by  midweek. She  will  remain  on  oxygen  for  the  time  being  and  is  considering  staying  with  all  of  us  for  a  while until  she  gets  her  strength  back. Her  son  has  been  a  great  guest  but  I  know  he  really  misses  his  mom.

@cat shepard, I  think  I  talked  my  SIL  into  taking  an  Iceland  trip  like  yours  with  me sometime  next  year. I was  amazed  at  all  the  incredible  things  you  saw  and  did  in spite  of  your  injury. Thanks!

Terry

• Like 19

Thank you Rich for the daily and Roy for the care and celebration list. Great collection of days and funny quote from Zsa Zsa. Meatballs look delicious. We visited San Juan on the Koningsdam in 2018. Interesting port with a challenging entrance. Our captain circled a couple of times waiting for the winds to die down. He warned us that we might have to miss but eventually was able to enter the port. Loved exploring the fortress!

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@cat shepard, I  think  I  talked  my  SIL  into  taking  an  Iceland  trip  like  yours  with  me sometime  next  year. I was  amazed  at  all  the  incredible  things  you  saw  and  did  in spite  of  your  injury. Thanks!

Terry

Do it Terry! Though GEEO sponsors the tour, they partner with

G Adventures who provides the magic. And all their guides (called CEOs) may be as awesome as François Denis, but I would tell you to ask to be scheduled on one led by him. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be better. All 13 of us on the tour raved about him. Everyone of us!  Let his availability dictate your dates, if possible.

Wait til you read today’s episode. Just writing it made me tear up again.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1