The Daily for Monday August 02, 2021

richwmn

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hey! I just looked at my account (another poster said they couldn't find out where they can pay tips) and I show a $1197 Credit on our account! I do not know where it came from but will research it to make sure it really is a credit! 

HAL Cruise Accounting has a habit of taking whatever FCC's and OBC's you might have and sticking them on a booking of their choice. It doesn't matter what we want. I have had this happen many times over the last 18 months.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, richwmn said:

HAL Cruise Accounting has a habit of taking whatever FCC's and OBC's you might have and sticking them on a booking of their choice. It doesn't matter what we want. I have had this happen many times over the last 18 months.

I’m still waiting for mine from my canceled Holiday Zaandam cruise and final payment is coming soon for our October cruise. I might have to apply it to the December Rotterdam instead. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hey! I just looked at my account (another poster said they couldn't find out where they can pay tips) and I show a $1197 Credit on our account! I do not know where it came from but will research it to make sure it really is a credit! 

The Night Auditor has been at work, haha!  One time he gave us a $10,000 credit on board, but then a few days later he took it away again..

Good morning, all, everyone was up much earlier than I am, it seems.  Happy British Columbia Day!  I'm never sure if it's August 1st which is the holiday or the first Monday in August?  We had the flag out both days.

We did cruise the Dardanelles once, can't find my photos.  If we took any....

We had some of the neighbours in yesterday.  Leftovers today for lunch.  All my grape tomatoes have suddenly ripened together and there is a big bowl of them, DD is going to make a roasted chicken and tomatoes and mozzarella dish this evening.  I think Caprese is somewhere in its name.

• Like 20
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you both.  I remember when Thom had his desk on the port side in the atrium area and Tina had her desk on the starboard side.  Hopefully the two of them got twice as much work done!  😁

I believe they did 🙂. They were immensely popular and people were always booking with them.  I don’t remember ever seeing them without a passenger in front of them.

Two very successful FCC’s that knew the ship’s itineraries well.

• Like 11

Good morning and thanks all!   We’ve cruised the Dardanelles twice but it has been awhile, so enjoying those photos! 

We are lucky to have a lot of dinosaur finds near us,   And the wonderful Royal Tyrell museum.  My son knew all the names at age three,  kids have such a fascination with these extinct creatures.   The photo is from Drumheller where the museum is.    Funny story, we were using a map in Germany to visit a starred site only to find when we got there that it was a dinosaur pit🤷‍♀️    

6DD33DA5-78B6-46D2-982A-E93366CA58B3.jpeg

• Like 19

32 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Monday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

With cruises starting up CC is much busier. @Crazy For Cats I love your pictures and thank you for taking the time to share them. Enjoy your cruise!

DGS loves dinosaurs and has an over abundance of them big and small. Both grandchildren never were into coloring books but DGD has turned into quite an artist. Yesterday we had family over for her 14th birthday which is Wednesday. It was lots of fun and she got a phone from her DD. I had her take our picture together. 

0F296E48-A477-410F-8C20-7026638B4129.thumb.jpeg.e38eb274611aff2838f8a5b96b76d7ea.jpeg

I’ll pass on the meal suggestion. I like ground beef Sloppy Joe’s. I’ve heard of a lentil version too. 

We haven’t been to today’s port and all the pictures are great. 

@cat shepard I’m going back to Wednesday to read your reports, I missed a day somewhere. 

Our cruise is in 25 days!  I have so much to do, yikes. 

Have a great day everyone!

Nice photo of you both.

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, bennybear said:

It made me wonder too, as CAD is abbreviation used at times for Canadian? 

It’s used a lot for the Canadian dollar and I’ve seen it used in the U.S. for Canadian.  I guess I needed a second cup of coffee this morning.  LOL.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Rich, it is actually a very scientific approach. The HAL rep is blindfolded and then throws a dart at a board customized to show all the cruises you are booked on.   When the FCC or OBC are lost, it is because the rep totally missed the board. 

You’re welcome. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, cat shepard said:

Rich, it is actually a very scientific approach. The HAL rep is blindfolded and then throws a dart at a board customized to show all the cruises you are booked on.   When the FCC or OBC are lost, it is because the rep totally missed the board. 

You’re welcome. 

You might be more right than you know LOL 😂 😆 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

It’s used a lot for the Canadian dollar and I’ve seen it used in the U.S. for Canadian.  I guess I needed a second cup of coffee this morning.  LOL.

Maybe Computer Assisted Drafting should be abbreviated C.A.D.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

😯Five pages already and only 7:30 in the morning here in Maui!🌺🙃

👍Thank you Rich @richwmnfor The Daily and to Roy @rafinmd for both the Care and Celebration Lists....hope your session at Rehab went well. 🤔Additionally, I had to look at a map to see where the Dardanelles were...we have been to both Istanbul and Athens on a Princess 🚢. Does that count???

🙏Prayers for all in need and keep wearing those masks😷...way too many 'tourists' (us) browsing around Lahaina on a Sunday night ....of course, had to have Shave Ice for the grandchildren. 😉

Katie

1627922764459_1627922750735_0_16279227043937828278384867995124.jpg

FB_IMG_1627831994379.jpg

• Like 19

Good Morning, last night’s Pinnacle dinner was the free one for booking.  It appeared as a zero charge on the account, no gratuity added.  I saw HAL face masks this morning on the deck sale.  They are only available in white with blue logo.  The blue with white logo are for crew only.  I’d prefer the blue so didn’t inquire about pricing.  I did not see them in the shops.

IMHO HAL is sending mixed messages at the coffee, water area.  In the morning you must be served.  Yesterday after lunch you could serve yourself.  When we went past at 9 this morning you could serve yourself again.

last night’s show was Humanity by One Step Dance.  The dancers were excellent and the show was well done.  We had seen this show BC so was a bit disappointed.

Today we are heading to Tracy Arm Fjord.  It’s a 7 hour tour so There will be little to no shopping in Juneau.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Winemaker Notes 

Danzante wines are the third collaboration created by the joint venture between the Robert Mondavi family of Napa Valley and the Marchesi de' Frescobaldi family of Tuscany, Italy. Danzante, Italian for "dancing," encourages the everyday, energetic celebration of la dolce vita.

The Mondavi -- Frescobaldi partnership was formed in 1995 in part because Robert Mondavi's family wanted to return to their Italian roots. This was the first joint venture in Italy between two internationally distinguished wine producers using their combined resources and winemaking expertise to create Italian wine of superior quality and elegance. Danzante was introduced in 1999 with the 1997 vintage of Danzante Sangiovese and the 1998 vintage of Danzante Pinot Grigio.

I did not know this.  Thank you, very much.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you both.  I remember when Thom had his desk on the port side in the atrium area and Tina had her desk on the starboard side.  Hopefully the two of them got twice as much work done!  😁

They were on our 2018 Westerdam cruise, and Tina was on our 2019 Veendam cruise.  Thom was with her but as a pssenger.  She said he was starting a new business, but came along to help entertain family who were on board.  They usually won the yearly contest among FCCs as the ones with the most sales.

Lenda

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

You’re welcome. 

The rep must be a former weather forecaster!  😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 3