Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nieuw Statendam

La Paz MX
Westerdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Underway
Rotterdam Adriatic Sea

Rotterdam's destination is incorrectly reported as Anchorage Alaska (today)

0802Europe.thumb.png.f905c76f41fd4734fabf0e16a43cc1bb.png

0802NAmerica.thumb.png.d1425282f8dd2131ac7ee0429817d217.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  I'll salute Computer Aided Design and pass on the other 2 days while watching Nieuw Statendam's arrival on my other laptop.  I suspect Rotterdam is actually on the way to an Anchorage in the Venice area; the shipyard probably wants to start it's next project.  I haven't been to the Dardanelles but hope to see some photos.  I love the Blake quote.  The Vegan Sloppy Joe sounds nice.  My alternative is Melange of Tropical Fruit, Chilled Peach and Ginger Soup and Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad as served on MS Prinsendam August 2, 2011.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU(hopefully not long)
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed(Out of ICU)
bennybear DSIL infection
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
From the rotation:
Kakalina recovering from radiation for aggressive cancer
Tana back in the hospital

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Front Line Health Care Workers

Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades
Rotterdam on the move
5 days for Aliaschief and bobpatj
CrazyForCats on Nieuw Amsterdam
AC Installed for Atexsix
HorizonChaser1957 to Okaanagan
garlictown in Maui
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 4

Good Monday morning.  My DGS loves Dinosaurs.  Haven't colored in a book in years.  Interesting quote.  Not interesting in the menu, love my beef sloppy joes.  Can't wait to see the photo's of the port.  Another heat warning for today, heat index could reach 108.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Stay safe, social distance, and please continue to wear your mask.

Cuban Sunset:

YIELD: 6 cocktails

INGREDIENTS
1(12 ounce) can frozen lemonade, thawed
2(12 ounce) cans carbonated lemon-lime beverage (soda)
2 cups guava nectar
2 tablespoons grenadine
9 ounces bacardi white rum
3 thin lemon slices, seeded and cut in half
DIRECTIONS
Place lemonade, soda, guava nectar, and grenadine in a large glass or plastic pitcher. Stir well to combine. Refrigerate until needed.
TO SERVE: Fill each of 6 tall glasses with ice. Add 1 1/2 ounces rum to each glass. Pour guava mixture evenly into each glass (about 3/4 cup). Garnish each glass with a half lemon slice.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 7.07.07 AM.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good Monday morning everyone and thank you Rich for the daily report.  Cheers to CAD Day and it’s users, Dino from the Flintstones is my personal favorite, I’m up for coloring today if it means I can stay home!  Blake’s quote is quite inspiring and true.  The meal suggestion sounds like it could be very good depending on the ingredients.  Have not been to today’s port yet.  Offering prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone with a celebration today.

• Like 20

Good (early) morning to all!

Don’t usually comment so early, but this is a busy day. Our landscape guy is stopping by plus DH and I are meeting friends for lunch and they are all coming back to my house afterwards. Times like this I miss being able to zip around my house straightening & getting ready. I zip nowhere now.

Interesting days. My youngest DD took some CAD classes in school and she was and is a big fan of coloring books (related maybe?) Dinosaurs have never been a big thing for me although we do live close to Mastodon State Historic Site.

Love the quote. Skipping the meal, sloppy Joe’s are not a favorite. I’d love to have a Cuban Sunset (and see one from a visit to Havana again). And I have had the Pinot Grigio before.

Haven’t been to the destination for today, need pictures.

Take care all,

Sally

• Like 25

Good morning Rich. Thank you for our Daily. Blessings to our Daily family. 

I woke up at 3:00 this morning. I read my news feed, then went to CC and started browsing the posts. Holy moly.. some people sure are snarky and get themselves wound up don't they? Jacqui I have to say.. you sure take a diplomatic approach with some of these cranks.. 

Isn't it a Civic holiday for Canada today? I had to look up CAD Day. Dinosaurs and coloring book day sounds like a fun kids day today. Although I have seen adults coloring with pencils. 

image.png.ea1e0f03d4a2c10dc471bc26672b3d15.png

image.png.66df10609b82b4a8163591d75febb20e.png

I'm getting worried I haven't heard from @DeeniEncinitas. Denise I hope you are well sis and post us if you're ok. 

I think I would like to try the Cuban Sunset, and I drink the wine of the day. 

Sharon @Sharon in AZ I see you are on our Christmas cruise. Hoping to meet you (and Linda and Rich) aboard.

Blessings, Cheers and Prayers.

• Like 24

Good morning everyone!

It looks like it will be another great day in northeast Ohio.  The sun is out and temps are mild.  My only complaint is that the grass pollen count is high and ragweed is moderate.  That combination can make for an uncomfortable time.  I never had allergies before, but I sure have developed them in old age.  

Today is the pool at 9:00 am followed by the grocery store and then whatever I want to do.  I'll celebrate the dinosaurs and coloring books.  I remember my visit to Dinosaur National Park.  How impressive that was.  Then, we went fossil digging near Florissant Fossil Beds.  

The drink sounds good, but a bit sweet for me.  I'll take the wine!

Today's meal sounds good, but like @summer slope, I prefer the meat version.  I am a dedicated carnivore.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/spicy-vegan-sloppy-joes-recipe-2120219

2010879358_spicyvegansloppyjoes.jpeg.f5d4133e9e1d51468d932e782ab4fe82.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

I don't have a sunrise for August 2 so I am going to August 7.  It's from my 2008 Rovos trip Dar Es Salaam to Cape Town.  Dreading the idea of a long flight home from Cape Town I only flew as far as London and returned the rest of the way on QM2.  This is the sun coming up from QM2 as we were about to dock in Brooklyn:

IMG_1164.JPG.9df58414f959cc7fc7b9b4001fd

Roy

• Like 29

44 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I suspect Rotterdam is actually on the way to an Anchorage in the Venice area; the shipyard probably wants to start it's next project.

While you may be correct, this is what is reported as Rotterdam's destination:

US ANC ANCHORAGE

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Good morning!  Although I read The Daily every day I very seldom post.  Interesting about CAD day.  I worked engineering and design and worked with AutoCAD for 30+ years but never knew there was a day for it.

About the Rotterdam.  Isn't it possible the authorities in Venice said "Get out".  As of 8/1 there were no more cruise ships allowed to used the Venetian Lagoon and canal.

Edited by rothbury
  • Like 16

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

I know some who will celebrate colouring book day.  Apparently, there are adult colouring books where colouring helps relieve stress.  Dinosaurs hold many of us in awe.

C27C45E1-A4D2-4AD2-AE00-390E46A03E43.thumb.png.5e5cf6504ea2884b13f96086ee25e85e.png

I hate to be a trouble maker, but today is not a national Canadian holiday.  It is a Provincial holiday here in many provinces but not all.  Here in New Brunswick, it’s New Brunswick Day, in Nova Scotia, Natal Day, in British Columbia - British Columbia Day, etc.  

Great quote by Blake!  I think many of us are familiar with today’s wine as it is offered on our BHB’s. Not sure what’s on the menu for dinner tonight - I’m kind of uninspired right now and thinking along these lines:

C2DEB7E2-4569-4B9E-A6D0-8137BE0C1A9C.jpeg.ed1e0f77cff704e7a13e5c43e5504810.jpeg

We’ve had the pleasure of cruising the Dardanelles on the Elegant Explorer.  I don’t recall taking a lot of pictures but I will see if I can find the ones I did take.  It was a while ago.

Happy to report that my BFF’s husband’s brain bleed has been resolved.  Now, for the swelling to go down.  So, all he’s left with now is a lot of pain with his 4 broken ribs.  I think he will be in the hospital for a while.

@Seasick Sailor thanks for the kind words.  Sometimes I have to sit on my hands 😉 : (pardon the bad word in the meme)

BD50C387-BEAF-422B-9E97-67C4A9FE3D09.thumb.jpeg.99b21cbddba4287589bc838ac2f12a2b.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂  to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday everyone!

40C14D75-74A1-4A8C-B79B-AD04D05B4027.jpeg.708e4afe7c2908acdc6cc95aaae91e07.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 29

Good morning! Well me and Mrs are in countdown mode. We are pretty much in lockdown mode and if we have to go out we are masking up. Just being extra cautious. We’ll be headed to Seattle early Friday morning.

Thanks Rich for the Daily and to all our reporters have a great day.

• Like 28

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu Jacqui were you referring to National CAD Day or my mention of Civic Day in Canada (which is on my Google calendar today)

No, was referring to Rich’s first post as he said it was National Canada Day.  

Canada Day is July 1st.  There’s no National holiday today.  You were correct on the civic holiday as it’s a provincial holiday in some of our provinces.  It’s not a national holiday.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  I'll salute Computer Aided Design and pass on the other 2 days while watching Nieuw Statendam's arrival on my other laptop.  I suspect Rotterdam is actually on the way to an Anchorage in the Venice area; the shipyard probably wants to start it's next project.  I haven't been to the Dardanelles but hope to see some photos.  I love the Blake quote.  The Vegan Sloppy Joe sounds nice.  My alternative is Melange of Tropical Fruit, Chilled Peach and Ginger Soup and Cajun Chicken Caesar Salad as served on MS Prinsendam August 2, 2011.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU(hopefully not long)
DurangoScots shelter manager in hospital (but out of ICU}
Kazu’s friend with fall and brain bleed(Out of ICU)
bennybear DSIL infection
Ger_77's friend facing mastectomy
From the rotation:
Kakalina recovering from radiation for aggressive cancer
Tana back in the hospital

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Front Line Health Care Workers

Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau
Nieuw Statendam in Everglades
Rotterdam on the move
5 days for Aliaschief and bobpatj
CrazyForCats on Nieuw Amsterdam
AC Installed for Atexsix
HorizonChaser1957 to Okaanagan
garlictown in Maui
Denise on her wilderness adventure
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy, thank you for your faithfully posting both lists. You are a very caring person.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Well me and Mrs are in countdown mode. We are pretty much in lockdown mode and if we have to go out we are masking up. Just being extra cautious. We’ll be headed to Seattle early Friday morning.

Thanks Rich for the Daily and to all our reporters have a great day.

Chief:  I hope you and the wife have a great cruise.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

No, was referring to Rich’s first post as he said it was National Canada Day.  

Canada Day is July 1st.  There’s no National holiday today.  You were correct on the civic holiday as it’s a provincial holiday in some of our provinces.  It’s not a national holiday.

Jacqui CAD Day is computer aided design day..

• Like 8