The Daily for Monday August 02, 2021

richwmn

20 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Not quite one of the final voyages but the final Grand Voyage.

Roy

We booked quite a few Prinsendam voyages but I was referring to our final 2 cruises during the final 2 to 3 months of her tenure under the Holland America Line, the European Rivers and the Celtic Explorer.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, dfish said:

Sit down with them and find out what their goals are for you and where you are in meeting those goals.  Some people do not need the full amount of time for rehab as they are fully capable of doing it on their own.  With both of my knees I was released from therapy a full month early because I had met all my goals.  

If they don't have goals for you and can't tell you where you stand in meeting them, it is time to talk to the doctor as you may just be a revenue source.

Wow.  You sound like DH and those are very wise words 👍 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We booked quite a few Prinsendam voyages but I was referring to our final 2 cruises during the final 2 to 3 months of her tenure under the Holland America Line, the European Rivers and the Celtic Explorer.

Another one we were on together 😉 

It was a special one, indeed.  I saw tears in the crew’s eyes as they knew the time was coming and they would be separated and go to ships that didn’t do what they did. (At that time, no one knew covid was coming).

Many of the crew had been on the ship for ages.  That’s why they were so good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

While I am getting some benefits, I'm still not convinced I am doing significantly more benefit than I would be walking in my neighborhood or on a promenade deck.

Sounds like time to get back on deck three and walk some laps 🙂 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, kazu said:

Wow.  You sound like DH and those are very wise words 👍 

I work with a bunch of doctors and this is advice they gave me when I had crappy insurance and broke my hip.  

• Like 6

Thanks to Rich and Roy and all the others who make this site possible.  I get to colour regularly, with grandchildren. 

Haven't cruised the Dardanelles Strait, but took a bus tour from Istanbul to Gallipoli, crossed over by ferry to Canakkale to spend the night, and then a bus tour (the 2 of us, the driver and the guide) the next day to Kusadasi.  Amazing sites along the way.  The cemeteries at Gallipoli are so well tended.  Such a horrendous loss of life.  I admire all those who can locate their pictures and thank you for posting them.

Prayers headed to those who need them.

• Like 9

Crazy for Cats, how was your excursion to Tracy Arm Fjord?  I took the Allen Marine one from the NA in 2018 and really enjoyed the trip. On board Allen Marine I had the "Glacier-ita" drink made with a chunk of the glacier ice!

~Nancy

• Like 2