The Daily for Monday August 02, 2021

richwmn

21 minutes ago, rothbury said:

Good morning!  Although I read The Daily every day I very seldom post.  Interesting about CAD day.  I worked engineering and design and worked with AutoCAD for 30+ years but never knew there was a day for it.

About the Rotterdam.  Isn't it possible the authorities in Venice said "Get out".  As of 8/1 there were no more cruise ships allowed to used the Venetian Lagoon and canal.

Welcome to the Daily.  I don't think that is the case because it would put the Marghera shipyard out of business, and that doesn't appear to be happening.  I suspect some young officer just typed Anchorage into the AIS unit and the system assumed it was the USA.

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

Today is National CAD Day, Dinosaurs Day, and National Coloring Book Day

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. -- William Blake

Meal suggestion for today - Spicy Vegan Sloppy Joes

Drink of the Day - Cuban Sunset

Wine of the day - Denzante Piont Grigio - Italy - White

Destination of the Day - Cruising The Dardanelles

Ships with Passengers

Juneau, AK
Nieuw Amsterdam 13:00 - 22:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting
Noordam Destination Los Angeles eta 8/3
Zuiderdam Drifting

Augusta IT
Eurodam

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Nieuw Statendam

La Paz MX
Westerdam Anchorage

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Underway
Rotterdam Adriatic Sea

Rotterdam's destination is incorrectly reported as Anchorage Alaska (today)

0802Europe.thumb.png.f905c76f41fd4734fabf0e16a43cc1bb.png

0802NAmerica.thumb.png.d1425282f8dd2131ac7ee0429817d217.png

Friend Rich:

Thank you for the fleet report.  I just watch a nice video on the Rotterdam VII.  I think it looks like thr nicest of the Pinnacle class ships.   Nice to see the Nieuw Statendam will be at Port Everglades.  I will watch the Ft. Lauderdale camera and the Juneau camera.

• Like 7

Anyone see Shaq's new place on Mardi Gras? Not that I will ever be on it..

"Can you dig it?” reads a sign near the entrance to one of several new restaurants onboard Carnival Cruise Line’s newest ship, Mardi Gras. But this isn’t just any eatery. It’s Shaq’s Big Chicken restaurant — the brainchild of former NBA basketball star Shaquille O’Neal, whose likeness happily smiles down from the wall next to the query. Like Shaq himself, it’s over-the-top good.

• Like 11

Good morning!  I can't really comment on dinosaurs or coloring books, but DD is currently using CAD to design tombstones for her front-lawn Halloween display.

So many practical uses!  lol

I hope everyone has a good start to the week. We're now firmly into August and all need to keep cool.  Sending prayers to those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.  Happy Monday! 

• Like 17

Good morning everyone!  It's a nice morning here and we're expecting a high of 88F.  The sun is out now but I see a few clouds will mix in this morning followed by a cloudy sky this afternoon.  I have nothing important planned for today so perhaps I should do some pressing/ironing that I have collected.  When I do laundry and something needs ironing, I put it on a hanger and store in one spot in a particular closet.  When I get a batch of things, then is when I iron everything at once.  When we return from a cruise I usually have quite a lot to iron but since we haven't been on a cruise ironing days are few and far between lately.

An unusual assortment of days today.  I remember when my youngest DGS was a precocious 3 year old he told everyone he wanted to be a paleontologist because he loved dinosaurs.  Yes he used the correct title, too.  That's what happens when your siblings are lots older than you are I guess.

Today's menu item I will pass on but the wine I would enjoy.  For our Care list, prayers for all and hopefully some of them will be removed as they improve.  For the Celebration list, cheers and a clink of the champagne glasses.  

On our Black Sea cruise in Oct. 2014 on the Prinsendam we passed through the Dardanelles twice.  Once on our way into the Black Sea and once on the way out.  The first time we didn't see much because I think it was a foggy day and we were attending our first ever Mariners luncheon.  The second time was a sunny day with some outdoor activities planned.  Early in the day while in the Bosphorus Strait, passengers could participate in the swim between the two continents - Asia and Europe.  They didn't have to swim too far though because the pool was extremely tiny.  I couldn't believe how many people jumped into it!  The Asia side:00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJll7Vs-9ivTXU7Anewimaa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The Europe side:00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlHXWntmWv1e5pGIhC8XZI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The pool during the "swim".  The cruise director got in with a tuxedo on, though he wore shorts instead of trousers.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqj7cMMZIKSvmCuuG2jnbI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaxnhL6v6iW-0e_KhYdW_S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Later in the afternoon we watched the beginning of the scenic cruising of the Dardanelles from the Crow's Nest so pardon the dirty windows.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLLbJBYgjIwjVdgRz3TPkPK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWce-eLhzIVXyWFv4pNzle?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The next photo is really streaky with sea salt, so please excuse.  It's the town of Gelibolu otherwise known as Gallipoli.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1qBsiqiJze7-0_yhpiy7t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I guess I decided to head outside then because the pictures weren't so great inside.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIplO_CzadU9X47VZWfjyXU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A local ferry from one side of the strait to the other.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7Nj4XcerAlzI07rlw6vsi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICdzuSQRpOwu5KaceOmuoD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

According to my Shutterfly photo book from this cruise, I printed this:  This narrow strait connects the Sea of Marmara and the Aegean Sea.  Pictured is Kilitbahir Castle, built in 1452.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdEris8DHa8c9F4GZjS-en?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnErLaMQD_FzRxA_xJNouR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is another photo of the sign on the hillside.  I don't know what it says or means, unfortunately.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0Qsp5036-4jj8oB1L6cOs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The position of the sun made taking photos difficult on western side of the strait.  Anyway, hope you enjoyed it - we did!!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
Edited to add a second photo of the Castle
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. Dinosaurs Day hits home, because there was a section of Iceland where the topography actually brought out the comment “I can imagine dinosaurs roaming through here!” from one of my fellow travelers. 

😱@kazu used a bad word! We’re doomed. Buy all the TP! Oh no! The @*#% dinosaurs bought it all.  Sorry Jacqui, I could not stop myself. Walking like a zombie has brought out a strange side of me. 

Well it is a lovely morning here. We had a couple of quick downpours around midnight that seemed to have released the humidity- for now. We will see how long that lasts.  I have no motivation to plan a meal. But today, I am going to start doing some free weight exercises for my arms. That is if I can convince Bindi that it is not playtime, and she can NOT jump on me. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Denzante Pinot Grigio - Italy

Another test we passed! We all knew that the wine was a Pinot Grigio, right? Well though not my favorite white wine, I do enjoy it. And with online prices starting at $8.99, I will try this one! The 2017 vintage has an excellent rating. More recent vintages have good - very good ratings. 

Winemaker Notes 

Danzante wines are the third collaboration created by the joint venture between the Robert Mondavi family of Napa Valley and the Marchesi de' Frescobaldi family of Tuscany, Italy. Danzante, Italian for "dancing," encourages the everyday, energetic celebration of la dolce vita.

The Mondavi -- Frescobaldi partnership was formed in 1995 in part because Robert Mondavi's family wanted to return to their Italian roots. This was the first joint venture in Italy between two internationally distinguished wine producers using their combined resources and winemaking expertise to create Italian wine of superior quality and elegance. Danzante was introduced in 1999 with the 1997 vintage of Danzante Sangiovese and the 1998 vintage of Danzante Pinot Grigio.

The Frescobaldi family name has a long history in Italy, going back 700 years. For centuries, farming and winegrowing have been a tradition in the Frescobaldi family. Marchesi de' Frescobaldi SpA was established in 1980 and is wholly owned by the five Frescobaldi siblings: Dino, Vittorio, Maria, Ferdinando and Leonardo. The company's headquarters are in Florence and its nine estates are scattered throughout the Tuscan countryside.

JS90 James Suckling: Light, lemon and apple character on the nose. Medium body, bright and fresh fruit and a lively finish.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good  morning to  all. I  will  salute  the  days  and  like  the  quote  but  I  will  pass  on  the  recipe  today. I  love  mushrooms  but  my extended  family does  not  so  I  doubt  they  would  like this  meal.

It is  another  very  nice  day  here  and  plans  include  the  grocery  store  and  then  doing  some  cooking. It  is  a  pleasure  when  the  high  is  only  expected  to  be 80. My  earlier  walk  with  Fred  was pleasant with a breeze.

My  best  to  all  of  you and  thanks  so  much  for  the  continued  prayers  for  the  two  women  in  our  family  that  are  trying  to  get  home. It  is  so  appreciated. There  have  been  times when  it  has  just  been  so difficult  but  I  really  could  feel the  ongoing  concern  and  caring  here.

Terry

• Like 26

20 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Jacqui CAD Day is computer aided design day..

OMG you can colour me stupid, now 😬 😱 

My sincere apologies 😔. Hanging my head in shame ☺️

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

My  best  to  all  of  you and  thanks  so  much  for  the  continued  prayers  for  the  two  women  in  our  family  that  are  trying  to  get  home. It  is  so  appreciated. There  have  been  times when  it  has  just  been  so difficult  but  I  really  could  feel the  ongoing  concern  and  caring  here.

Terry

Always, Terry!❤️

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On our Black Sea cruise in Oct. 2014 on the Prinsendam we passed through the Dardanelles twice.  Once on our way into the Black Sea and once on the way out. 

Another cruise we were on together 😄. Wasn’t that a great itinerary?  I don’t think I have seen one similar since.  We were lucky back then, for sure 🙂 

You are amazing how you find your pictures so quickly.  Thanks for posting them and bringing back memories 👍 

• Like 17

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists. 

Growing up in NE New Jersey, one of my favorite things was visiting the Museum of Natural History in NY City. I was fascinated by the dinosaur exhibits. I never pursued a career in science but it sparked a life-long trait of curiosity. My love of exploring new things and new ideas began with those early encounters with dinosaurs.

It's going to be another hot one here. I think I hear the pool calling.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

there is indeed concern and caring and ongoing prayers 🙏🏻 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a very bright and sunny day at the beach

I am a big fan of coloring books.  It was always a favorite thing to get as a child and now as an adult, I still enjoy them. Many hours during the shutdown were spent at the table coloring. Guess I like simple things.

Never been to todays port, in fact I am embarrassed to say I had to look up where there were. Love the pictures!

Watched the Mardi Gras sail out on Saturday. Beautiful site. Disney starts this Saturday. So happy to see the ships actually sailing again. Now to get on one myself. But for the past few years, we have not sailed out of Port Canaveral, and Hal does not port here.

Quiet day here for me. Good day to get some things done ay home

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, kazu said:

OMG you can colour me stupid, now 😬 😱 

My sincere apologies 😔. Hanging my head in shame ☺️

No need to be embarrassed. We all mis-read sometimes. I know I  almost associated today with Canada and I'm not Canadian! I even took CAD classes years ago.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

Another cruise we were on together 😄. Wasn’t that a great itinerary?  I don’t think I have seen one similar since.  We were lucky back then, for sure 🙂 

You are amazing how you find your pictures so quickly.  Thanks for posting them and bringing back memories 👍 

Yes, I was just telling DH how great that cruise was and I wish you could find that itinerary nowadays.  Places like Cesme and Marmaris, Turkey were wonderful.  So glad we got there since chances are we won't get to again anytime soon.  

When we get home from a cruise DH downloads (or is it uploads?) all our photos to a site on our computers we've used for years.  Then I go to my Shutterfly account and upload all those photos to Shutterfly.  I can find them in two places.  One is just a general timeline of photos (by date taken) and the second place is an album which I name after the cruise like 2014 Black Sea Cruise or 2014 Holy Land Cruise.  Makes it easy to find photos either way.  Then when I finish making a book I can go in and look at any book anytime and see everything in it.  If I'm away from home instead of opening a book to see what I wrote about a port, I can open the book online and do the same thing.  

Do you remember that cruise director I showed the photo of?  Not sure I know his name.  

• Like 17

The Icelandic saga continues….. and ends.  

I decided to combine the last days of the adventure into one entry. I literally have no pictures. Just experiences. 

When I woke up on the 16th it was pouring. And windy. And it did not seem to let up for the rest of our stay.  Maybe Iceland was as sad to see us leave as we were to go. I had three cups of coffee to make up for the fact that their breakfast buffet did not have any of that delicious brown bread. 😢

We decided to do the Ho-Ho bus. My hospital visit prevented Janice and me from doing it last week, so we wanted to ride the circuit. The three other folk, who had ridden the circuit last week, decided to ride with us as far as the Perlan. Then they would get out there. Janice and I would do the rest of the circuit, then meet them back there. We would have lunch in the cafe and then go to the Aurora exhibit together. 

Nothing tempted Janice or me to get off the Ho-Ho. We did make note of the fact that one of the stops was fairly close to “our” hot dog place. Maybe for lunch tomorrow. We made it back to the Perlan and the gang was there to greet us. They were full of excitement about the Iceland’s  volcano “system” exhibit. We went up to the cafe.  I had yummy tomato soup and split a grilled cheese sandwich with Janice.

We made our way to the Aurora exhibit. I had witnessed the Northern Lights on Cape Cod one very chilly September night decades ago, but nothing prepared me for this!  Seeing the lights for real in Iceland must be life changing.  We also decided to wander through the Ice Cave and under water exhibits. Both were fascinating. 

Then our energy ran out. We decided to head back to the hotel and relax. Well the Ho-Ho schedule had other things in mind. We waited 55 minutes for the next bus. My leg was aching and it took all my willpower to get up the steps. We sat in the lobby of the hotel, and convinced the front desk folk to let us go into the closed dining room get a cup of coffee that they would then add a shot of Bailey’s to. It was a perfect energy booster. 

We opened up Trip Advisor looking for ideas for supper, and decided upon Reykjavik Kitchen. Good options, nothing fancy and reasonably priced. A wonderful menu. I started with their coffee cured salmon - which was out of this world. I had their seafood soup as my main course, but they also offered it as a starter. It was very good, but not quite as good as what we had in Dalvik.  I split a piece of lemon pie with Kat.  Just the perfect amount of tang - the crust was worthy of plate licking. 

Back to the hotel we sat in the lobby for awhile enjoying a nightcap while reminiscing about some of the highlights of the past week. Before turning in Kat was good enough to get the shower hose down for me, so that I could “shower” in the morning. 

The 17th dawned - you guessed it: rainy, raw and windy. We decided to do the Ho-Ho again, and either go back to the Perlan to see what we missed the day before, or weather permitting, wander around the older section. We all wanted one more hot dog for the road. 😎

We got a very late start, but there was a bit of a break in the weather. The light mist allowed us to wander the older section of the city. And we made our way to our hot dog place and in spite of the off & on mist, enjoy one last dog! Janice and I wanted to go back to the Perlan and see the volcano system exhibit that everyone else raved about the day before. We knew we had to be back at the hotel by 6 for our Rapid test, so we all agreed to meet back there in the lobby. 

The volcano exhibit was enthralling. François had educated us about the volcanoes that were creating Iceland, but the exhibit really allowed one to understand how connected they were. We over heard someone leading a private tour group talking about the more than 50,000 earthquakes felt around the area of the volcano that erupted in March. Most were minor, but some were felt in Reykjavik. 50K! Wow!

Happily, Janice and I left just as a Ho-Ho bus was dropping people off. We sat in the lobby after getting a bottle of wine from the bar and waited for the rest of the group to join us. By 5:20 we were all gathered ready for our tests. Around 5:40 a man approached and asked if we were waiting to be tested. By 6 we were all tested and had a great recommendation for dinner: Krost. 

We decided to eat early. We opted for a bunch of their starters. The Arancini, fire grilled white cheese, smoked salmon and bistro fries were delicious. I had a lovely Sancerre with the starters. I split a rib-eye burger with Kat. Yummy. I enjoyed an amazing Rioja with the burger. Midway through the meal we received our test results. All negative!

We turned in as soon as we got back to the hotel. I packed as much as I could. And got everything ready for the morning, knowing that I was hoping to grab a coffee before heading out to the airport. Slept great yet again. 

The 18th dawned gloomy and cool - but no rain. I woke up before my 6 a.m. alarm and had just finished washing up, when the phone rang. It was our airport transportation driver telling me that she was there to take me to the airport! No amount of arguing could sway her from her position! So I told her that I was on crutches and moving slowly and she would have to wait for me.  She hung up. I immediately called my travel gang - good thing too! Janice could not find the phone in time to answer it and Jo never received a call. By the time I made it downstairs, the driver had left and Janice was on the phone with Airport Direct telling the dispatcher the error was theirs and they better send someone else to take us to the airport. We all had our vouchers stating we had to be ready 4 hours before our 11 a.m. flight. NOT 5 hours! It was not even 6:30 yet! Well I got my cup of coffee. But the company came through and sent the wonderful driver who had brought us from the airport when we arrived. We all immediately calmed down, knowing he would take great care of us. Let’s just say he got great tips!

The airport was a bit chaotic because some of Delta’s online pre-registration documentation had some glitches. But everything else went smoothly.  The flights home were uneventful. I do need to mention the food service from Iceland to JFK, it was the best airline food I have ever eaten. A lovely salad with shredded cabbage, grapes, tiny, sweet tomatoes and pickled onion - with a great dressing. Moist, flavorful chicken breast, with sweet potato and spinach. And hazelnut mousse for dessert. 

We landed at Orlando at 6:45 and our driver was ready for us when we walked out with our luggage at 7:30. I was home by 9. And in bed by 10. 

The end. 😞

P.S. The only changes I would make: 

1. add more leg room on the transportation 

2. add a day in the Eastern fjords

3. add at least a day in the Northwest fjords. 

To all of you thinking about Iceland - GO!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 31

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning everyone!  It's a nice morning here and we're expecting a high of 88F.  The sun is out now but I see a few clouds will mix in this morning followed by a cloudy sky this afternoon.  I have nothing important planned for today so perhaps I should do some pressing/ironing that I have collected.  When I do laundry and something needs ironing, I put it on a hanger and store in one spot in a particular closet.  When I get a batch of things, then is when I iron everything at once.  When we return from a cruise I usually have quite a lot to iron but since we haven't been on a cruise ironing days are few and far between lately.

An unusual assortment of days today.  I remember when my youngest DGS was a precocious 3 year old he told everyone he wanted to be a paleontologist because he loved dinosaurs.  Yes he used the correct title, too.  That's what happens when your siblings are lots older than you are I guess.

Today's menu item I will pass on but the wine I would enjoy.  For our Care list, prayers for all and hopefully some of them will be removed as they improve.  For the Celebration list, cheers and a clink of the champagne glasses.  

On our Black Sea cruise in Oct. 2014 on the Prinsendam we passed through the Dardanelles twice.  Once on our way into the Black Sea and once on the way out.  The first time we didn't see much because I think it was a foggy day and we were attending our first ever Mariners luncheon.  The second time was a sunny day with some outdoor activities planned.  Early in the day while in the Bosphorus Strait, passengers could participate in the swim between the two continents - Asia and Europe.  They didn't have to swim too far though because the pool was extremely tiny.  I couldn't believe how many people jumped into it!  The Asia side:00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJll7Vs-9ivTXU7Anewimaa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The Europe side:00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKlHXWntmWv1e5pGIhC8XZI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The pool during the "swim".  The cruise director got in with a tuxedo on, though he wore shorts instead of trousers.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLqj7cMMZIKSvmCuuG2jnbI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIaxnhL6v6iW-0e_KhYdW_S?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

Later in the afternoon we watched the beginning of the scenic cruising of the Dardanelles from the Crow's Nest so pardon the dirty windows.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLLbJBYgjIwjVdgRz3TPkPK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJWce-eLhzIVXyWFv4pNzle?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The next photo is really streaky with sea salt, so please excuse.  It's the town of Gelibolu otherwise known as Gallipoli.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL1qBsiqiJze7-0_yhpiy7t?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

I guess I decided to head outside then because the pictures weren't so great inside.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIplO_CzadU9X47VZWfjyXU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

A local ferry from one side of the strait to the other.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL7Nj4XcerAlzI07rlw6vsi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICdzuSQRpOwu5KaceOmuoD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

According to my Shutterfly photo book from this cruise, I printed this:  This narrow strait connects the Sea of Marmara and the Aegean Sea.  Pictured is Kilitbahir Castle, built in 1452.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLdEris8DHa8c9F4GZjS-en?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKnErLaMQD_FzRxA_xJNouR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

This is another photo of the sign on the hillside.  I don't know what it says or means, unfortunately.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0Qsp5036-4jj8oB1L6cOs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The position of the sun made taking photos difficult on western side of the strait.  Anyway, hope you enjoyed it - we did!!

Thanks for the pictures!  I hope to be there in about 8 weeks on the Eurodam.  Sailing in to Istanbul on Sept 25 and back out on Sept 26th.   (As I said, I hope)

• Like 13

Good morning,

It has been a few days since I posted but read most of Saturday and Sunday.  Love the days.  Your pictures, Jacqui are great.  Thank you Rich and Roy for your posts.

Great set of  days.  Have cruised the Dardanelles.  

Very nice here in Vancouver, WA but will get into the 90's later.  Enjoying the cool morning.  Once we get the grands to school, we will get our bike ride in.  

Noticed yesterday more people are wearing their masks indoor shopping.  Our friends are ending their quarantine this week.  So thankful their break through cases were mild.

Have a wonderful day.  Looking forward to checking back in later to read how everyone is doing and seeing lots of pictures.

Stay well and safe.   

• Like 20

2 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Thanks for the pictures!  I hope to be there in about 8 weeks on the Eurodam.  Sailing in to Istanbul on Sept 25 and back out on Sept 26th.   (As I said, I hope)

Good luck!  I hope you all get to go as well.

• Like 10

Great day here. We got our second Covid immunisation, and by the time we got home could download and print a certificate of vaccination from the government website! 
Thanks to everyone who contributes to the Daily. We are off to bed now so will catch up in the morning over breakfast. 

• Like 19