The Daily for Monday August 02, 2021

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  CAD operators have amazing imaginations as they create their projects.  Yay for dinosaurs - we picked up a couple this week in advance of our DGS's arrival.  I loved colouring books as a child, but haven't had one in years - I've seen some pretty intricate ones in the stores, though.

A great quote for today, I haven't had Sloppy Joes for quite a while, and I think today's drink could qualify as "Adult Lemonade".   We've had the privilege of cruising the Dardanelles twice - first in 2004 on the Prinsendam, our first foray into the Black Sea, and again in 2006 on the Rotterdam.  I spent much of the time standing at the railing watching the scenery, thinking I'd been taught about the Dardanelles in history classes as a child, and amazed that we were actually there.

Last night's barbecue was an unqualified success - after not entertaining for almost a year and a half, I wasn't sure I'd remember the process!  The family arrived, the adorable twins played their hearts out on the lawn in the back yard, drinks were passed around, then we ate our fill.  There were leftovers, many of which I sent back with the family for them to enjoy today.  I thought we would have some for us as well, because we'd prepared so much, but instead of ribs, we're having something different.  Our guests brought us a huge dish of shrimp baked in a tomato sauce - I thought I was to serve it with dinner last night, but was told no, it was a thank you for us having them over, and it was for us to enjoy the following day.  I'm not sure where these shrimp came from, but they're absolutely huge!  Combined with some of the leftover salads, that's what's going to be on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

@kazudon't feel bad, that's the first thing I thought of when I read today's Daily, then I realized I was thinking money (CAD), and then reconsidered it must be Computer Aided Design.  

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Clinking the glasses together to cheer on all on the happy list.  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 23

22 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

The Icelandic saga continues….. and ends.  

I decided to combine the last days of the adventure into one entry. I literally have no pictures. Just experiences. 

When I woke up on the 16th it was pouring. And windy. And it did not seem to let up for the rest of our stay.  Maybe Iceland was as sad to see us leave as we were to go. I had three cups of coffee to make up for the fact that their breakfast buffet did not have any of that delicious brown bread. 😢

We decided to do the Ho-Ho bus. My hospital visit prevented Janice and me from doing it last week, so we wanted to ride the circuit. The three other folk, who had ridden the circuit last week, decided to ride with us as far as the Perlan. Then they would get out there. Janice and I would do the rest of the circuit, then meet them back there. We would have lunch in the cafe and then go to the Aurora exhibit together. 

Nothing tempted Janice or me to get off the Ho-Ho. We did make note of the fact that one of the stops was fairly close to “our” hot dog place. Maybe for lunch tomorrow. We made it back to the Perlan and the gang was there to greet us. They were full of excitement about the Iceland’s  volcano “system” exhibit. We went up to the cafe.  I had yummy tomato soup and split a grilled cheese sandwich with Janice.

We made our way to the Aurora exhibit. I had witnessed the Northern Lights on Cape Cod one very chilly September night decades ago, but nothing prepared me for this!  Seeing the lights for real in Iceland must be life changing.  We also decided to wander through the Ice Cave and under water exhibits. Both were fascinating. 

Then our energy ran out. We decided to head back to the hotel and relax. Well the Ho-Ho schedule had other things in mind. We waited 55 minutes for the next bus. My leg was aching and it took all my willpower to get up the steps. We sat in the lobby of the hotel, and convinced the front desk folk to let us go into the closed dining room get a cup of coffee that they would then add a shot of Bailey’s to. It was a perfect energy booster. 

We opened up Trip Advisor looking for ideas for supper, and decided upon Reykjavik Kitchen. Good options, nothing fancy and reasonably priced. A wonderful menu. I started with their coffee cured salmon - which was out of this world. I had their seafood soup as my main course, but they also offered it as a starter. It was very good, but not quite as good as what we had in Dalvik.  I split a piece of lemon pie with Kat.  Just the perfect amount of tang - the crust was worthy of plate licking. 

Back to the hotel we sat in the lobby for awhile enjoying a nightcap while reminiscing about some of the highlights of the past week. Before turning in Kat was good enough to get the shower hose down for me, so that I could “shower” in the morning. 

The 17th dawned - you guessed it: rainy, raw and windy. We decided to do the Ho-Ho again, and either go back to the Perlan to see what we missed the day before, or weather permitting, wander around the older section. We all wanted one more hot dog for the road. 😎

We got a very late start, but there was a bit of a break in the weather. The light mist allowed us to wander the older section of the city. And we made our way to our hot dog place and in spite of the off & on mist, enjoy one last dog! Janice and I wanted to go back to the Perlan and see the volcano system exhibit that everyone else raved about the day before. We knew we had to be back at the hotel by 6 for our Rapid test, so we all agreed to meet back there in the lobby. 

The volcano exhibit was enthralling. François had educated us about the volcanoes that were creating Iceland, but the exhibit really allowed one to understand how connected they were. We over heard someone leading a private tour group talking about the more than 50,000 earthquakes felt around the area of the volcano that erupted in March. Most were minor, but some were felt in Reykjavik. 50K! Wow!

Happily, Janice and I left just as a Ho-Ho bus was dropping people off. We sat in the lobby after getting a bottle of wine from the bar and waited for the rest of the group to join us. By 5:20 we were all gathered ready for our tests. Around 5:40 a man approached and asked if we were waiting to be tested. By 6 we were all tested and had a great recommendation for dinner: Krost. 

We decided to eat early. We opted for a bunch of their starters. The Arancini, fire grilled white cheese, smoked salmon and bistro fries were delicious. I had a lovely Sancerre with the starters. I split a rib-eye burger with Kat. Yummy. I enjoyed an amazing Rioja with the burger. Midway through the meal we received our test results. All negative!

We turned in as soon as we got back to the hotel. I packed as much as I could. And got everything ready for the morning, knowing that I was hoping to grab a coffee before heading out to the airport. Slept great yet again. 

The 18th dawned gloomy and cool - but no rain. I woke up before my 6 a.m. alarm and had just finished washing up, when the phone rang. It was our airport transportation driver telling me that she was there to take me to the airport! No amount of arguing could sway her from her position! So I told her that I was on crutches and moving slowly and she would have to wait for me.  She hung up. I immediately called my travel gang - good thing too! Janice could not find the phone in time to answer it and Jo never received a call. By the time I made it downstairs, the driver had left and Janice was on the phone with Airport Direct telling the dispatcher the error was theirs and they better send someone else to take us to the airport. We all had our vouchers stating we had to be ready 4 hours before our 11 a.m. flight. NOT 5 hours! It was not even 6:30 yet! Well I got my cup of coffee. But the company came through and sent the wonderful driver who had brought us from the airport when we arrived. We all immediately calmed down, knowing he would take great care of us. Let’s just say he got great tips!

The airport was a bit chaotic because some of Delta’s online pre-registration documentation had some glitches. But everything else went smoothly.  The flights home were uneventful. I do need to mention the food service from Iceland to JFK, it was the best airline food I have ever eaten. A lovely salad with shredded cabbage, grapes, tiny, sweet tomatoes and pickled onion - with a great dressing. Moist, flavorful chicken breast, with sweet potato and spinach. And hazelnut mousse for dessert. 

We landed at Orlando at 6:45 and our driver was ready for us when we walked out with our luggage at 7:30. I was home by 9. And in bed by 10. 

The end. 😞

P.S. The only changes I would make: 

1. add more leg room on the transportation 

2. add a day in the Eastern fjords

3. add at least a day in the Northwest fjords. 

To all of you thinking about Iceland - GO!

A nice finish to your journey, except the early driver.  I'm glad it all worked out for your group.  Thanks so much for going to all the work of doing this travelogue!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning All,

The weatherman says we’re heading to 100 today, so I’m heading out now with His Nibs, and will then take my bike up the hill.

Will celebrate CAD Day today by contacting a contractor who came out last week for his bid, and trying to get another. I’ve completed the CAD drawings, DH and I have come to agreement, and I’m ready to get the show on the road. Realistically, it will probably take several months to get bids and on to someone’s schedule, as so many people are now getting things done.

Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 20

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Do you remember that cruise director I showed the photo of?  Not sure I know his name.

You are super organized with your photos.  Nice 🙂 

I remember that CD well and am now wracking my brain to recall his name.

If I remember, I’ll post.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Thanks for the pictures!  I hope to be there in about 8 weeks on the Eurodam.  Sailing in to Istanbul on Sept 25 and back out on Sept 26th.   (As I said, I hope)

I hope all goes as planned 🤞 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, kazu said:

You are super organized with your photos.  Nice 🙂 

I remember that CD well and am now wracking my brain to recall his name.

If I remember, I’ll post.

Okay, I just went downstairs to my banker boxes where I store folders from our cruises.  They contain all the papers we take along or come back with on a cruise even maps.  

The Cruise Log for both the Black Sea portion and the Holy Land portion of that month long cruise show Linda Minnikin as our Cruise Director.  In fact I have a photo of her at a luncheon on the Holy Land portion.  So who was the man in the tux and shorts at the pool for the "swim"?  

I hope you can remember who he is and why he was there instead of Linda.  This will nag at me all day.🤔

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Okay, I just went downstairs to my banker boxes where I store folders from our cruises.  They contain all the papers we take along or come back with on a cruise even maps.  

The Cruise Log for both the Black Sea portion and the Holy Land portion of that month long cruise show Linda Minnikin as our Cruise Director.  In fact I have a photo of her at a luncheon on the Holy Land portion.  So who was the man in the tux and shorts at the pool for the "swim"?  

I hope you can remember who he is and why he was there instead of Linda.  This will nag at me all day.🤔

OMG - I was about to come back just now and advise that our CD was Linda M.  I don’t know why I didn’t remember that.  After all, this was the cruise where my camera was stolen.

I believe he was the assistant CD who did the Bingo’s.  I am still wracking my brain, though 😉 

Funny, I remember a lot of the experiences on the cruise  like our Cellar Master taken off the ship for medical reasons & the turn about back when we were leaving the Black Sea for the medical evacuation (which was really well done) so why can’t I remember this???

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

It's late afternoon 16.00pm  here 66°F and sunny in our back garden.

We sat in the shade and had a light lunch at 13.00pm

Cheers for CAD,it's 55 years since I last coloured in a book.

I will pass on the food but Pinot grigio from Italy is nice.

Quite a true quote of the day.

We have been to Greece and Turkey many times but further south than the Dardanelles.

16279159992397288816469129063647.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

OMG - I was about to come back just now and advise that our CD was Linda M.  I don’t know why I didn’t remember that.  After all, this was the cruise where my camera was stolen.

I believe he was the assistant CD who did the Bingo’s.  I am still wracking my brain, though 😉 

Funny, I remember a lot of the experiences on the cruise  like our Cellar Master taken off the ship for medical reasons & the turn about back when we were leaving the Black Sea for the medical evacuation (which was really well done) so why can’t I remember this???

We totally remember the medical evac there.  Sorry to hear your camera was stolen.  Some people!

• Like 10

Good Morning,

I always like Mondays, I find it liberating to put the previous week behind me and start fresh with new experiences.

Thanks again to all the contributors and all the thoughts and prayers from the previous week, which felt more like a month.  I do color!  But only on occasion, it was once suggested to me as a way to reduce stress and anxiety, I find happy pills more up to that task, but it's still fun to do.

AC Issue: I think we figured out the problem of the AC units causing the hard wired smoke alarms to chirp, it only seems to be happening when both bedroom units on the same floor are going at the same time.  I took a peak at the breakers and it looks like both bedrooms are on one circuit.  Since I need to cool my home office during the day and Dear Dad needs a cool room to sleep at night we should be good.

Bees at hummingbird feeder issue: the peppermint oil concoction arrived over the weekend from Amazon and I used it for the first time this morning.  As it happens, a bee was already there, one squirt from a safe distance and it immediately took off, it always took several squirts of the vinegar/citrus to get them to leave. It's potent too, I think I overdid it today with multiple sprays, I now know it only needs to be done once. 

Leaking hummingbird feeder issue: another problem that I solved by purchasing a glass design with a seal, instead of the cheap plastic feeders you get at the big box store, I think I went through 6 or 7 of them.  It's pretty too, similar to the one seen here: 

bird.jpg.b5998a1f2d81aeb7194953e7a5687937.jpg

Dear Dad is doing better, still grieving of course, but other family members are really opening up and are able to talk, share, and cry together.  His widow said yesterday she went to the grocery store for the first time and that it felt good to be doing something normal again.

Should be a busy day, yesterday was the 1st so there is banking, I'm going to have to visit two banks this morning, bummer, at least both their lobbies are now reopened again, that was a pain to have to use the drive thru because I almost always got stuck behind someone with a commercial account.  When the banking is finished I will stop for coffee. 

Hopefully I can spend more time in the daily later today, really missed it.  

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 22

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all who Daily contribute to health, drink or food. And to our daily family who make me smile and cry. I always love the photos. Today I should receive delivery of my first new computer in almost ten years. It causes anxiety thinking about transferring all my files and programs but I will put on my big girl panties and work on it. I have been working on putting things on thumb drives so hope that helps. 
I look forward to meeting so many from here at Christmas. But I couldn’t wait that long to get on a BHB so booked a west coast b2b for September. 47 days to go. Boy that had a nice sound to it. 47 days until I embark. Throw a few days visiting with my sister and bil before I fly out it seems like it will be just around the corner. 

• Like 21

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I can’t have this nagging you all day.  It took me a while but Ta Da…….it’s Dominic, the port guide.  He was talking about the two sides (Asia & Europe).   Do I win a prize?  😂 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

This is another photo of the sign on the hillside.  I don't know what it says or means, unfortunately.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL0Qsp5036-4jj8oB1L6cOs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium

The photo is of the "Dur Yolcu" Memorial, one of the most familiar and visible images in Turkey related to the WW1 Gallipoli Campaign. The memorial carved into the hillside above the village of Kilitbahir, depicts a 1915 Turkish soldier holding a rifle in one hand, while pointing towards the inscriptions in Turkish with his other hand:

'Dur yolcu!

Bilmeden gelip bastığın 

Bu toprak,

bir devrin battığı yerdir.'

These two lines are roughly translated by some as:

'Traveller halt!
The soil you tread
Once witnessed the end of an era.'

The Gallipoli campaign was a military campaign in the First World War that took place on the Gallipoli peninsula (Gelibolu in modern Turkey), from 17 February 1915 to 9 January 1916. It was an attempt by Allies of World War I to take control of the Turkish straits.

The campaign was considered a great Ottoman victory. In Turkey, it is regarded as a defining moment in the history of the state, a final surge in the defense of the motherland as the Ottoman Empire retreated.

The Allies loss of this campaign is often considered to be the beginning of Australian and New Zealand national consciousness; 25 April, the anniversary of the landings, is known as Anzac Day, the most significant commemoration of military casualties and veterans in the two countries, surpassing Remembrance Day (Armistice Day).

We passed through the straits when we visited Istanbul in 2012 on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Good morning all. Thanks Rich and all who Daily contribute to health, drink or food. And to our daily family who make me smile and cry. I always love the photos. Today I should receive delivery of my first new computer in almost ten years. It causes anxiety thinking about transferring all my files and programs but I will put on my big girl panties and work on it. I have been working on putting things on thumb drives so hope that helps. 
I look forward to meeting so many from here at Christmas. But I couldn’t wait that long to get on a BHB so booked a west coast b2b for September. 47 days to go. Boy that had a nice sound to it. 47 days until I embark. Throw a few days visiting with my sister and bil before I fly out it seems like it will be just around the corner. 

Congrats on the new cruise!   47 days sounds very close, doesn't it?  Wow!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

The Icelandic saga continues….. and ends.  

I decided to combine the last days of the adventure into one entry. I literally have no pictures. Just experiences. 

When I woke up on the 16th it was pouring. And windy. And it did not seem to let up for the rest of our stay.  Maybe Iceland was as sad to see us leave as we were to go. I had three cups of coffee to make up for the fact that their breakfast buffet did not have any of that delicious brown bread. 😢

We decided to do the Ho-Ho bus. My hospital visit prevented Janice and me from doing it last week, so we wanted to ride the circuit. The three other folk, who had ridden the circuit last week, decided to ride with us as far as the Perlan. Then they would get out there. Janice and I would do the rest of the circuit, then meet them back there. We would have lunch in the cafe and then go to the Aurora exhibit together. 

Nothing tempted Janice or me to get off the Ho-Ho. We did make note of the fact that one of the stops was fairly close to “our” hot dog place. Maybe for lunch tomorrow. We made it back to the Perlan and the gang was there to greet us. They were full of excitement about the Iceland’s  volcano “system” exhibit. We went up to the cafe.  I had yummy tomato soup and split a grilled cheese sandwich with Janice.

We made our way to the Aurora exhibit. I had witnessed the Northern Lights on Cape Cod one very chilly September night decades ago, but nothing prepared me for this!  Seeing the lights for real in Iceland must be life changing.  We also decided to wander through the Ice Cave and under water exhibits. Both were fascinating. 

Then our energy ran out. We decided to head back to the hotel and relax. Well the Ho-Ho schedule had other things in mind. We waited 55 minutes for the next bus. My leg was aching and it took all my willpower to get up the steps. We sat in the lobby of the hotel, and convinced the front desk folk to let us go into the closed dining room get a cup of coffee that they would then add a shot of Bailey’s to. It was a perfect energy booster. 

We opened up Trip Advisor looking for ideas for supper, and decided upon Reykjavik Kitchen. Good options, nothing fancy and reasonably priced. A wonderful menu. I started with their coffee cured salmon - which was out of this world. I had their seafood soup as my main course, but they also offered it as a starter. It was very good, but not quite as good as what we had in Dalvik.  I split a piece of lemon pie with Kat.  Just the perfect amount of tang - the crust was worthy of plate licking. 

Back to the hotel we sat in the lobby for awhile enjoying a nightcap while reminiscing about some of the highlights of the past week. Before turning in Kat was good enough to get the shower hose down for me, so that I could “shower” in the morning. 

The 17th dawned - you guessed it: rainy, raw and windy. We decided to do the Ho-Ho again, and either go back to the Perlan to see what we missed the day before, or weather permitting, wander around the older section. We all wanted one more hot dog for the road. 😎

We got a very late start, but there was a bit of a break in the weather. The light mist allowed us to wander the older section of the city. And we made our way to our hot dog place and in spite of the off & on mist, enjoy one last dog! Janice and I wanted to go back to the Perlan and see the volcano system exhibit that everyone else raved about the day before. We knew we had to be back at the hotel by 6 for our Rapid test, so we all agreed to meet back there in the lobby. 

The volcano exhibit was enthralling. François had educated us about the volcanoes that were creating Iceland, but the exhibit really allowed one to understand how connected they were. We over heard someone leading a private tour group talking about the more than 50,000 earthquakes felt around the area of the volcano that erupted in March. Most were minor, but some were felt in Reykjavik. 50K! Wow!

Happily, Janice and I left just as a Ho-Ho bus was dropping people off. We sat in the lobby after getting a bottle of wine from the bar and waited for the rest of the group to join us. By 5:20 we were all gathered ready for our tests. Around 5:40 a man approached and asked if we were waiting to be tested. By 6 we were all tested and had a great recommendation for dinner: Krost. 

We decided to eat early. We opted for a bunch of their starters. The Arancini, fire grilled white cheese, smoked salmon and bistro fries were delicious. I had a lovely Sancerre with the starters. I split a rib-eye burger with Kat. Yummy. I enjoyed an amazing Rioja with the burger. Midway through the meal we received our test results. All negative!

We turned in as soon as we got back to the hotel. I packed as much as I could. And got everything ready for the morning, knowing that I was hoping to grab a coffee before heading out to the airport. Slept great yet again. 

The 18th dawned gloomy and cool - but no rain. I woke up before my 6 a.m. alarm and had just finished washing up, when the phone rang. It was our airport transportation driver telling me that she was there to take me to the airport! No amount of arguing could sway her from her position! So I told her that I was on crutches and moving slowly and she would have to wait for me.  She hung up. I immediately called my travel gang - good thing too! Janice could not find the phone in time to answer it and Jo never received a call. By the time I made it downstairs, the driver had left and Janice was on the phone with Airport Direct telling the dispatcher the error was theirs and they better send someone else to take us to the airport. We all had our vouchers stating we had to be ready 4 hours before our 11 a.m. flight. NOT 5 hours! It was not even 6:30 yet! Well I got my cup of coffee. But the company came through and sent the wonderful driver who had brought us from the airport when we arrived. We all immediately calmed down, knowing he would take great care of us. Let’s just say he got great tips!

The airport was a bit chaotic because some of Delta’s online pre-registration documentation had some glitches. But everything else went smoothly.  The flights home were uneventful. I do need to mention the food service from Iceland to JFK, it was the best airline food I have ever eaten. A lovely salad with shredded cabbage, grapes, tiny, sweet tomatoes and pickled onion - with a great dressing. Moist, flavorful chicken breast, with sweet potato and spinach. And hazelnut mousse for dessert. 

We landed at Orlando at 6:45 and our driver was ready for us when we walked out with our luggage at 7:30. I was home by 9. And in bed by 10. 

The end. 😞

P.S. The only changes I would make: 

1. add more leg room on the transportation 

2. add a day in the Eastern fjords

3. add at least a day in the Northwest fjords. 

To all of you thinking about Iceland - GO!

Thank you for taking the time to post a brilliant trip review with pictures of Iceland.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

I can’t have this nagging you all day.  It took me a while but Ta Da…….it’s Dominic, the port guide.  He was talking about the two sides (Asia & Europe).   Do I win a prize?  😂 

Yes, you do!  How about a Wang Wang!🍹

I don't know how you remembered him, but good job!!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kazu said:

OMG you can colour me stupid, now 😬 😱 

My sincere apologies 😔. Hanging my head in shame ☺️

Nah, You just must have read and posted before you had your coffee! All good.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, GeorgeCharlie said:

The photo is of the "Dur Yolcu" Memorial, one of the most familiar and visible images in Turkey related to the WW1 Gallipoli Campaign. The memorial carved into the hillside above the village of Kilitbahir, depicts a 1915 Turkish soldier holding a rifle in one hand, while pointing towards the inscriptions in Turkish with his other hand:

'Dur yolcu!

Bilmeden gelip bastığın 

Bu toprak,

bir devrin battığı yerdir.'

These two lines are roughly translated by some as:

'Traveller halt!
The soil you tread
Once witnessed the end of an era.'

The Gallipoli campaign was a military campaign in the First World War that took place on the Gallipoli peninsula (Gelibolu in modern Turkey), from 17 February 1915 to 9 January 1916. It was an attempt by Allies of World War I to take control of the Turkish straits.

The campaign was considered a great Ottoman victory. In Turkey, it is regarded as a defining moment in the history of the state, a final surge in the defense of the motherland as the Ottoman Empire retreated.

The Allies loss of this campaign is often considered to be the beginning of Australian and New Zealand national consciousness; 25 April, the anniversary of the landings, is known as Anzac Day, the most significant commemoration of military casualties and veterans in the two countries, surpassing Remembrance Day (Armistice Day).

We passed through the straits when we visited Istanbul in 2012 on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Well, thank you for the lesson today.  You would be a good history teacher!

• Like 10

Good morning from sunny southwestern Ontario. Thanks to all who contribute to this thread. After keeping up with Linda's live report, watching some videos of the Disney magic in Liverpool, I am more than ready to get back to cruising. We are scheduled in April, so fingers crossed that it is a go! 

It is Civic Holiday here in Ontario. I think all the Canadian provinces got together and said....don't care what we call it, we need another summer holiday! It is on the backside of summer now because, although summer officially ends in September, Labour Day marks the back to school, back to routines, back to busyness of fall.

Prayers for those who need them, whether they've asked or not. Cheers to all celebrating. And blessings to all!

• Like 17