AOS out Nassau now requiring indoor masking

1 hour ago, sunshinetricia said:

We're set to go out Saturday and although we are not cancelling, I'm both angry and upset. I was talking to one of my teens and she said the thing she is now dreading is that any time masks are required, there are ALWAYS so many people who don't comply. And when you are complying even though you don't want to and then see other people not complying, it just frustrates you even further. And we both suspect there will be a lot of that on our cruise next week because everyone is so mad about the last minute change. 

Heck, we're running around the house trying to find an extra 25 masks because we weren't planning on all 4 of us needing them everyday and we fly out at 8 tomorrow morning! We already had planned on using all of our cloth masks the week immediately following the cruise because we are heading straight to Disney. So we're scrambling to find disposables for the cruise as we are zipping up the suitcases. 

Firstly, why worry about what other people do....just go and have the fun you'd have anyway.  I never worry about what others do...what they wear to dinner etc.  Let them, no skin off my nose.

Secondly, The ship will provide you with masks, a clean different mask every day, all you have to do is ask, that has been reported on many threads on these boards already, don't even bother to hunt up masks.  Just go and have fun.

Edited by BecciBoo

1 hour ago, mlm05001 said:

They must have known I was upset… just got the royalup offer accepted for an Owner’s Suite  for Saturday’s sailing. 🤣 I’m already in the Bahamas. No backing out now. 

I posted this earlier… but does anyone know if once we board the ship, can we get back off to go downtown before departure at 9? 

Congrats on the Owner's Suite and enjoy!  You should be able to board then leave, especially with a late departure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Well, this explains the "Why": 

Covid Outbreak Hits Carnival Cruise Despite Every Guest and Staff Member Being ‘Vaccinated"

https://thelibertydaily.com/covid-outbreak-hits-carnival-cruise-despite-every-guest-and-staff-member-being-vaccinated/

Does it, though?  If the worry is over vaccinated people passing COVID around, and the assumption is that masks will prevent that, how do unmasked "vaccinated only" spaces make sense?

Like so many things COVID-related, it's not consistent.

• Like 3

Everybody needs to remember that these changes are taking place daily.  My cruise is not for another 40+ days, do you realize how much has already changed in that length of time?  Yeah, it will change again before we go.  Betting on it.  The only negative thought I have is the possible cancelation of it.  Otherwise, damn the torpedo's full speed ahead.

Keep Calm.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sunshinetricia said:

Now that the shock of the email has worn off and I have calmed down, I'm feeling a lot better about it. Found a couple of boxes of disposables that I apparently forgot I even had from back when I was stocking up on supplies all the time. (and some are pink!) We did Disney last summer when it was so crazy hot and we had to wear masks even when we were walking in the parking lot. And my family still talks about how it was the best Disney trip we ever took because it was so empty. Who knows? Maybe that will be this cruise for us! I mean, it's LITERALLY the "Adventure." We just have to make it one.  

be careful at Disney. Some people on a different forum are reporting coming home from Disney in FL with Covid in tow. I know they are requiring masks again, but they didn't recently and guests are saying there was no social distancing at all.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

We're set to go out Saturday and although we are not cancelling, I'm both angry and upset. I was talking to one of my teens and she said the thing she is now dreading is that any time masks are required, there are ALWAYS so many people who don't comply. And when you are complying even though you don't want to and then see other people not complying, it just frustrates you even further. And we both suspect there will be a lot of that on our cruise next week because everyone is so mad about the last minute change. 

Heck, we're running around the house trying to find an extra 25 masks because we weren't planning on all 4 of us needing them everyday and we fly out at 8 tomorrow morning! We already had planned on using all of our cloth masks the week immediately following the cruise because we are heading straight to Disney. So we're scrambling to find disposables for the cruise as we are zipping up the suitcases. 

I am right there with your wise teenager! I was on AOS in June and it was wonderful. But I still found myself always noticing the kids not following the mask protocols. No one said a thing. I wish I could block it out and not notice the exposed noses and the chin mask people but I can't. I'm an RN, I'm masked 12 hours at a time at work. It was a treat to feel so normal on my cruise. But I also understand the position the industry is in now so I will mask up for my next cruise and hope all goes well.

I encourage people to focus on the positives. These half full ships are amazing. No waits for anything. Please double down on the hand santizer and hand washing please, all that mask touching is not good for controlling spread of common colds and such.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dswallow said:

It's really not anywhere as bad as it sounds. If you're arriving in The Bahamas the same day or the day before your sailing date and you already have taken the test you need for Royal Caribbean's requirements, you already have what you need to meet The Bahamas requirements.

It’s the PCR vs antigen that is the problem, and trying to just do one test given that all of a sudden we now have to drive 30 mins one way to get a test. And we have to be able to get it early enough to apply for and get approved for the Bahamas visa and still  be able to check into our flight on Thursday.  We may have to make two trips— for an antigen on Monday so we can get the visa, and PCR on Wednesday for boarding.  I can handle to hoops if I know what they are — but hearing that it’s antigen, no it’s PCR, no wait, maybe antigen is ok is my only real frustration.  I’ve always been ok with the masking if necessary even if I prefer no masking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

I am right there with your wise teenager! I was on AOS in June and it was wonderful. But I still found myself always noticing the kids not following the mask protocols. No one said a thing. I wish I could block it out and not notice the exposed noses and the chin mask people but I can't. I'm an RN, I'm masked 12 hours at a time at work. It was a treat to feel so normal on my cruise. But I also understand the position the industry is in now so I will mask up for my next cruise and hope all goes well.

I encourage people to focus on the positives. These half full ships are amazing. No waits for anything. Please double down on the hand santizer and hand washing please, all that mask touching is not good for controlling spread of common colds and such.

Thats why masking hasn't made the least bit of sense to me, I saw those things everywhere even in the waiting room at my doctor's office...pathetic.  The minute you take it off or slide it down, youre done.

• Like 1

Just now, Jasukkie said:

It makes my family nuts too — so I do hope whatever protocols are required are required for everyone as stated in the Healthy Sail info.  I also feel bad for staff, though, having to deal with enforcement

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

we now have to drive 30 mins one way to get a test.

I thought so too, but I just started calling all the drug stores, not relying on the internet info about testing and lo and behold, I found the Walgreens right here in Mountain Home (back water) is doing them, results in 24hrs.  Already scheduled my appt. for Thurs before send off.  So try that.

Just now, BecciBoo said:

I thought so too, but I just started calling all the drug stores, not relying on the internet info about testing and lo and behold, I found the Walgreens right here in Mountain Home (back water) is doing them, results in 24hrs.  Already scheduled my appt. for Thurs before send off.  So try that.

I will — I was having major melt down and hot flashes trying to get them scheduled.  Thankfully my hubby brought me a small shot of tequila to remind me that I love planning for a vacation, lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

It’s the PCR vs antigen that is the problem, and trying to just do one test given that all of a sudden we now have to drive 30 mins one way to get a test. And we have to be able to get it early enough to apply for and get approved for the Bahamas visa and still  be able to check into our flight on Thursday.  We may have to make two trips— for an antigen on Monday so we can get the visa, and PCR on Wednesday for boarding.  I can handle to hoops if I know what they are — but hearing that it’s antigen, no it’s PCR, no wait, maybe antigen is ok is my only real frustration.  I’ve always been ok with the masking if necessary even if I prefer no masking.

Both Royal Caribbean and The Bahamas accept either the PCR or Antigen tests. The email that recently missed mentioning Antigen from Royal Caribbean has been confirmed as having erroneously not included Antigen tests as an option. Royal Caribbean does this to themselves regularly -- dumb little mistakes when communicating. 🙂

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Both Royal Caribbean and The Bahamas accept either the PCR or Antigen tests. The email that recently missed mentioning Antigen from Royal Caribbean has been confirmed as having erroneously not included Antigen tests as an option. Royal Caribbean does this to themselves regularly -- dumb little mistakes when communicating. 🙂

Yes, it is an error.  I emailed Michael Bailey's office and got an email back saying the Antigen test was perfectly fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Just a guess....but a number of bars tend to be 'walk through' locations on the boat.....so this is most likely why.

Makes sense for the bars, but not so much for the teen club.  That's a big one for me, since I would have two vaccinated teenagers on board.

Maybe it is an oversight and will be updated.  Or maybe they've decided that kids suck at distancing so they should just wear masks anyway.

Now that the shock of the email has worn off and I have calmed down, I'm feeling a lot better about it. 

I mean, it's LITERALLY the "Adventure." We just have to make it one.  

Love, love, LOVE this post!!!  Yes, shock and disappointment and frustration are all understandable and totally normal. But a positive attitude goes a really long way. Not to mention remembering that we're talking about the ultimate "first world problem" here -- having the luxury of taking vacations at all puts us waaaaay ahead of much of the world's population. 

Thank you for your refreshing attitude, and I hope you & your family have a fantastic vacation!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, exm said:

What was the capacity of that sailing?

And according to passengers posting on carnival thread they have self-serve buffet (royal serves you) they have seating at bars and entertainment venues with no social distancing,  the tables in their dining room are right next to each - no social distancing there either. 

They basically were trying to sail like covid didn't exist.    

As we all learned watching MSC sail last summer out of Italy there are ways to cruise safely and unfortunately that involves testing and masking but you can still have a nice cruise🤩

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Please double down on the hand santizer and hand washing please, all that mask touching is not good for controlling spread of common colds and such.

Shoot even PreCV when Noro was largest scare would rarely ever touched anything with my bare hands outside my Cabin. No Doors/Knobs, Chairs, haven't been on Royal Elevator since 2002. Latest Cancel/Changes now wont be on Ship until April 2022, by then Masking will be nothing but bad memory

Edited by ONECRUISER