Crown & Anchor question

I’m Elite Plus on Celebrity and have cruised a few times on RCCL. I know I’m only Diamond on RCCL but have several cruises scheduled on Royal.  What are the points values on Royal?  I still need a lot to get to D+ but hope to eventually get there.  Have 2 long cruises booked next year in regular balcony cabins but booking the BIG suite in ‘24.  It’ll just be 7 days but can’t find how many points I’ll get for each category.  TIA. 

4 hours ago, pattibacon said:

I’m Elite Plus on Celebrity and have cruised a few times on RCCL. I know I’m only Diamond on RCCL but have several cruises scheduled on Royal.  What are the points values on Royal?  I still need a lot to get to D+ but hope to eventually get there.  Have 2 long cruises booked next year in regular balcony cabins but booking the BIG suite in ‘24.  It’ll just be 7 days but can’t find how many points I’ll get for each category.  TIA. 

Hi @pattibacon, just to clarify, even though RCG matches your Elite Plus on Celebrity to make you Diamond on RCCL, you will still need 175 points on RCCL ‘books’ to make D+. Making you Diamond on RCCL will not automatically boost your points to 80 which is the minimum number to reach for Diamond. You say you have only cruised a few times with RCCL, so say you have 50 points, you would still need to earn another 125 points on RCCL to make D+, the reciprocal status match will not fast track you to D+ and bump you to 80 points on RCCL. Just making sure you understand what reciprocal matching between X and RCCL really means.

Assume you have less than 80 points on RCCL, else why mention status match?

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 3

I have 49 on RCCL - know I need 175. But will be adding more the next couple of years. The b2b I’m on next year is 25 nights but don’t think we booked with the double points (😩)!  Just thinking maybe I’ll do some Royal cruises with friends to eventually reach D+, although I’m perfectly happy with Elite+ on X.   Thx for your responses 

18 minutes ago, pattibacon said:

I have 49 on RCCL - know I need 175. But will be adding more the next couple of years. The b2b I’m on next year is 25 nights but don’t think we booked with the double points (😩)!  Just thinking maybe I’ll do some Royal cruises with friends to eventually reach D+, although I’m perfectly happy with Elite+ on X.   Thx for your responses 

All cruises in 2022 qualify for double points as long as they were booked prior to Sept 30, 2021 which yours obviously were.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pattibacon said:

That would be great. I’ll check with the TA, who happens to be a fellow cruiser.  Even if we reserved it in 2020?  I could def use 50 points!

Might be worth it, if you’re point chasing, to cancel & rebook to get the double points

Just now, Biker19 said:

Pretty sure all bookings are eligible - no need to rebook.

Thought it had to be a booking from 2021 during specific dates. Great if it isn’t that

On 8/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, cindivan said:

I saw this and was wondering if we’re in a suite if we get quadruple points?

You get 1 per night, plus 1for a suite.  That is doubled, so you get 4 points per night.

We have two cruises booked for next year in suites.  We will go from Diamond to D+ with those two cruises.

You would get the same number of points by booking solo inside cabins. 😄

A solo suite would be 1, plus 1 for suites, plus 1 for solo, equals 3.  Doubles to 6 points per night.

Thought I'd ask my C&A question on this thread, if that's ok.  It's been 7 years since I cruised RC, and I know a lot has changed.  Does C&A still have offer member preferences ref our free gifts, upgrades, etc?  I cannot find it anywhere on the website.