The Daily for Saturday August 07, 2021

richwmn

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the sailaway Saturday Daily, Rich.  I'll salute both campfires and clowns but will pass on the beer.  I love the Kierkegaard quote.  Glacier Bay is awesome.  Vegetarian steak does not sound appealing.  I'm starting to speculate that somehow Cruise Critic may have objected to the Alternate Menu Selection, from MS Prinsendam August 7, 2011, Assorted Garden Greens and the first entree from this menu:

https://arctictriple.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/menup14.pdf

Roy

Great detective skills, Roy!  You figured out a way around the BAN!

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the sailaway Saturday Daily, Rich.  I'll salute both campfires and clowns but will pass on the beer.  I love the Kierkegaard quote.  Glacier Bay is awesome.  Vegetarian steak does not sound appealing.  I'm starting to speculate that somehow Cruise Critic may have objected to the Alternate Menu Selection, from MS Prinsendam August 7, 2011, Assorted Garden Greens and the first entree from this menu:

https://arctictriple.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/menup14.pdf

Roy

Divide and Conquer, Roy!  Congratulations!!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone,  the saddest part of the cruise,  getting sent home.  I honestly think we hit the sweet spot with our cruise.  The first cruise allowed the staff to readjust and the next cruise starts further requirements.   It will be a long day at the airport

I hope those sailing this week have a fun and safe adventure. 

• Like 22

7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning Everyone,  the saddest part of the cruise,  getting sent home.  I honestly think we hit the sweet spot with our cruise.  The first cruise allowed the staff to readjust and the next cruise starts further requirements.   It will be a long day at the airport

I hope those sailing this week have a fun and safe adventure. 

Good morning Jake.  Disembarkation is always sad.

Hope your travels home are smooth and safe 🤞 

• Like 12

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy, even if you had to post them in several segments. I like your meal too and sure do miss those old menus. Prayers to those who lost their lives in Ketchikan and everyone on the Care list. 

I rarely drink beer anymore but DM likes it when we eat Mexican food and I’ll drink it with her. Clowns don’t bother me like they do most people. Campfires bring back great memories. 

I’ll pass on the meal suggestion. Today we are having leftover pizza for lunch and who knows what for dinner. 

We have never been to Glacier Bay, but we’ve been to Hubbard Glacier and Tracy Arm. However we will finally see Glacier Bay in 3 weeks on the Nieuw Amsterdam, so exciting!  I’ve really enjoyed all the pictures posted.  

Bon Voyage @aliaschief (wow those are beautiful crab legs!),@bobpatj, @Copper10-8!

DD, DD’s boyfriend and DGS are coming over to swim today and hopefully we won’t have a monsoon storm. Never thought I’d not want rain but July was our wettest July EVER on record. 
6A711D29-DA34-4E90-915D-BB406D545EE6.thumb.png.dc81c3076da577ee04d5bcc3c32de2c9.png

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 20

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Late to the party . .. as I suspect I will be for the next week.  Our family has a tradition of a beer in every port, and since we haven't had a chance to be on a cruise in a long while, I think we have some catching up to do today.  Unfortunately it's too dry for campfires here, but I sure love the smell of them.  Clowns are hit or miss for me.

@rafinmd good for you for figuring out a work around!

@smitty34877 I'm happy to hear the porcupine balls were a hit!

Well true to form, chaos reigns at our house on the "frozen tundra" and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I can't get enough of hugging those two little GS's (age 6 and 1.5), and there are toys strewn from one end of the living room to the other.  DH suggested just getting a shovel last night to get them back in the rubbermaid tubs for the night.  He wasn't far off, let me tell you!  

Poor Sochi doesn't know quite what to make of all this activity, especially from the little one who is quite enthralled with her softness.  When she went to sleep last night, I'm pretty sure she was thinking calm would return by morning, but as she sat at her dish waiting for breakfast, she was accosted by little hands again.  She ran to the door and the safety of her catio on the deck.   She's still there.  LOL

I was going to wait to see what the family wanted for dinner tonight, but Logan (6) has asked that we have hot dogs . . . the fam is fine with that, so we'll do them on the barbecue tonight.  Alongside some potato salad and fresh veggies, that's what's going to be happening on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.  And beer.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the bottles and glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay well, be safe, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂  

Gerry

• Like 24

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmn and for the creative way Roy @rafinmd posted both the Care and Celebration Lists!😉

@Crazy For Cats...safe travels home and have a wonderful cruise @aliaschief!

🤔I can't recall the name if the hot coffee drink you posted @dfish and it's driving me crazy!🙃 I loved having it while in the NA.🚢

Just had to include 'Krusty the Clown' from Universal Studios Orlando Jan. 2020 before everything went crazy!😯

🙏Prayers to all in need and stay safe.😷

Katie....no longer in Maui ....back home and watching Olympics.

1628351908741_0_20201023_090326.jpg

• Like 23

23 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

It is like an evaporative cooler. You put water into a reservoir and the system blows the water/air. It works well when it's not too humid out.

ha ha,it would not work here. It sounds lovely.

• Like 9

Afternoon all - love catching up on things!

Clowns?  Hard pass...almost as scary to me as bats and snakes.

In my house, we celebrate National Baseball Card Day today.  My husband has a collection of THOUSANDS, almost all Topps variety.  Almost all full sets from 1970 on, though there are a few years that he's trying to fill in.  

Love the quote, especially the part about life being a reality to experience.  I think that is one reason I don't have a lot of pictures of events and happenings and celebrations - I tend to want to experience them "in the moment", live in front of my eyes, instead of behind the lens of a camera.  

Will certainly pay attention to the Wine of the Day - I love a good bottle and am a member of three different wine clubs that ship to me a few times a year.  One club, through Kalyra Winery in the Santa Ynez Valley, is one I joined after our visit in 2019.  It was while we were on Eurodam at the Santa Barbara stop - we took an excursion that visited two wineries and the small town of Solvang.  Absolutely LOVED it and hope to get back some day:

Glacier Bay is most definitely a bucket list destination, as is Alaska overall.  Hubby and I are hoping to do some land portion, but want much more than just 7 nights on the ship.  Might have to combine two cruises to get that done.

• Like 20

1 minute ago, msmayor said:

In my house, we celebrate National Baseball Card Day today.  My husband has a collection of THOUSANDS

OMG, my DH too.  He has one of the guest bedrooms filled with them plus several file cabinets... sometimes I think we need a 4-bedroom house just for his baseball cards 😉  He also works part-time for the Mariners...

• Like 13

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

@ger_77 did the 6year old fit in his chair?

Roy

Yes, he fit very well !!   The little guy has to scramble to get into his, but overall, I think it was the best $8 investment ever!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

OMG, my DH too.  He has one of the guest bedrooms filled with them plus several file cabinets... sometimes I think we need a 4-bedroom house just for his baseball cards 😉  He also works part-time for the Mariners...

We refer to the 'back room' in our finished basement as The Baseball Card Room.  I'm guessing, conservatively, there are 70-80k cards in there.

When our kids were very little, he put sets together for each of them (along with his own), so there are a number of years where we have three complete sets.  Of course, he didn't buy them complete...he bought individual packs and put them together himself so there are a LOT of doubles/triples also sorted and boxed.  Now that he's retired, he plans to go through all of it, sell the stuff he doesn't need and fill in the missing.

Card collecting is experiencing a surge...some big stores won't even carry them any more because of the fights over what goes on the shelves.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone!

Love the pictures of Glacier Bay, one of my favorite destinations!  I still marvel at the beautiful "blues" you can see in the ice at different times and lighting.

Finally cooler here, with a breeze blowing, it has cleared the smoke from the fires and we can actually see. (so no campfires here)

I was hoping to manage a last minute cruise to Alaska, but it just isn't going to be possible so now I am trying to come up with another plan............

Take care and have a great weekend!

Denise

• Like 15