Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

7 hours ago, TinaLee said:

Well that is certainly disappointing, although I guess I understand it given the cruises are Alaska and it can be cold to watch MUTS (I watched Saving Mr. Banks under 4 blankets in Alaska a while back). But there certainly have been quite a few new releases that they could have included, had they been so inclined. Just going back a few months there have been the new Justice League movie, The Courier, Godzilla vs. Kong, Cruella, The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard, the new Fast and Furious film, Black Widow, Snake Eyes to name but a few. 

Godzilla versus Kong and the first Hitman's movie is on your stateroom cabins TV library.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Day 5 Glacier Bay National Park menus:D8728E66-DC0D-4F34-AC5F-01607114CD53.thumb.jpeg.6ab3979f22fc31018cdad8e7130c642f.jpeg

A6942373-D2B5-4096-B185-9EFBAB5A1406.jpeg

B004355E-DF5E-4188-82B3-A8323A6317BD.jpeg

013C64D4-2734-402E-91B7-9F25E47CC97C.jpeg

2494F29E-BB9F-4C5D-A37D-23B09FE17F5E.jpeg

80CF5328-006B-471A-849A-4A2AB3937A6E.jpeg

BCDC0318-698B-46C4-85D2-CB7EC3C6600A.jpeg

D1ADD417-5F51-4503-AE4B-1FAC7E5659FC.jpeg

33E52FBE-8E53-42C2-9909-DDFA0AF46E88.jpeg

Oh today is "Mothball Soup" day!!!!!! 😂🤣😂🤣(Inside joke for those who followed me live last week).... Once again gotta love voice to text. It adds a little laughter and entertainment. 🤣

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Donyb said:

Does anyone know if the Chef's Table is being offered on your cruise?? Just got our Negative test results for boarding on Sunday!😀

The restaurant manager will set up a chef's table at least once a cruise sometimes multiple all depending on how many people in inquire and request it. It works the same for the winemakers table as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I love good matzo ball soup, and sadly, the one time I had this in the MDR it was more like rubber ball soup. Worst thing I ever ate on a ship.

I typically never ever order matzah ball soup anywhere I go. I'm spoiled with home cooked meals and making things from scratch and then heating my great grandmother's recipe my entire life which is just uncomparable to it any other version of it I've ever had.

I figured while on a cruise ship why not give it a whirl still doesn't meet up to the standard my great-grandmother's version but compared to a lot of other places I've had it at this one was did better in comparison to those places. Matza balls are a little bit tasteless, and can use some flavoring, but the broth makes up for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

Yes, through the app while onboard. No issues at all. 

Thanks, another quick question, did the app allow you to use OBC if it was available?  I was going to book a reservation today and did not see option to use OBC.  Thanks, and have fun for a few more days.

Just now, AF-1 said:

Thanks, another quick question, did the app allow you to use OBC if it was available?  I was going to book a reservation today and did not see option to use OBC.  Thanks, and have fun for a few more days.

If you're not on a ship, you can't book specialty restaurants using OBC (excursions only).

4 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

3 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you're not on a ship, you can't book specialty restaurants using OBC (excursions only).

Correct. Anytime you book anything while you're on board it gets charged to your stateroom and will automatically deduct all your on-board credit from your bill.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I also can’t seem to book our complimentary (from a promo) specialty dining. Not the one from being in a suite. They want to put it on my credit card. That should be corrected!!! We sail in November.

Edited by Ronnieslady

1 minute ago, Ronnieslady said:

I also can’t seem to book our complimentary (from a promo) specialty dining. Not the one from being in a suite. They want to put it on my credit card. That should be corrected!!! We sail in November.

Actually, that seems to have worked for some, but not all who've tried it. Glitch in the "wonderful" app?

4 hours ago, farsight said:

My earlier link to the post in the September 26 roll call addresses a conversation I had with a Park Ranger in Skagway. Reports from the current cruisers will be most accurate, but the Park Ranger said definitely not at this time. The case count is too high. I think they have mandates from higher up the chain on this. The also aren't showing the Klondike Gold rush video.

Here is the link to my RC post:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2781557-september-26-2021-alaska-rt-seattle/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-61600705

Thanks. I did not see anything mentioned about cancellation of tours on the NPS website. 

We ate lunch one day with a group of regular Carnival cruisers. They had a complaint about everything and how nothing on Princess was as good as it was on Carnival. For the matzoh ball soup, their complaint was that the balls were too small. I thought it tasted delicious. They also complained that the ribs with spicy barbecue sauce were spicy. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, geoherb said:

We ate lunch one day with a group of regular Carnival cruisers. They had a complaint about everything and how nothing on Princess was as good as it was on Carnival. For the matzoh ball soup, their complaint was that the balls were too small. I thought it tasted delicious. They also complained that the ribs with spicy barbecue sauce were spicy. 

Well they are free to go back to Carnival or any cruise line that they wish.  Some people just don't feel good unless they are complaining about something.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I was able (one time) to use a voucher to book a specialty reservation on the app.  Could not add my cabin mate.  Not messing with reservation just to test.  Promotion not suite speciality night.

14 minutes ago, geoherb said:

My mom used to say some people wouldn't be happy with a front seat in Heaven - these would appear to be those people. We've had similar experiences with tablemates that complained for the whole cruise that they were "bored" - only to find out when asked that every night they were just going back to their cabin and watching TV, only coming out for meals. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, geoherb said:

They had a complaint about everything and how nothing on Princess was as good as it was on Carnival.

I've sailed on both and the experience was completely different. Imagine it's also different on HAL, RCCI. That's why there's so many options (no rollercoasters or climbing walls on Princess, limited classical music on Carnival but a better video arcade).  

Edited by Ombud

33 minutes ago, geoherb said:

The last time we took a Carnival cruise I told my DH it was the last time we would ever again take a Carnival cruise. Princess is perfect for us. 

• Like 4