The Daily for Monday August 09, 2021

richwmn

33 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good evening Dailyites and thank you for today’s report.  I’m quite late today. I’m immersed in a Midsomer Murder Mystery so book lover’s day was made for me.  As I’m of 100% Polish descent, I learned how to Polka at a young age.  I join everyone in celebrating the world’s indigenous people.  The quote’s just as bad as getting to the end of putting a puzzle together only to realize that a piece is missing.  Picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner so perhaps another time on the nachos.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.   

I'm sorry about your DSIL.  Sending good thoughts for her and all the family. 

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good evening Dailyites and thank you for today’s report.  I’m quite late today. I’m immersed in a Midsomer Murder Mystery so book lover’s day was made for me.  As I’m of 100% Polish descent, I learned how to Polka at a young age.  I join everyone in celebrating the world’s indigenous people.  The quote’s just as bad as getting to the end of putting a puzzle together only to realize that a piece is missing.  Picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner so perhaps another time on the nachos.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.   

Prayers for your SIL and entire family - never easy days. 

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. Prayers for her and entire family. 

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.   

I, too, am sorry to hear this.  I wish her comfort and a peaceful passing.   

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.   

So sorry to hear this.  Prayers coming his way.

Roy

• Like 6

Like NextOne, I was a page in the local library while in high school. And volunteered in school libraries while my kids were in school.   Enjoy reading, and a Kobo was one of my favourite gifts, but have updated to a tablet.  The library is a wonderful source for e-books.

Thinking of my nephew today, as he heads off to Japan to join the Osaka Symphony for 3 years. A bit scary with their Covid issues, but such a wonderful opportunity.  In his travels, he will miss August 10th, my birthday!

Prayers headed to Copeland, and all others who need them.

@ger_77Enjoy the DGS. We have an almost 7year old, and his just turned 2, brother, who live a 2 minute drive from us. We are SO lucky to have them nearby.  Such fun.

• Like 6

We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.

So sorry to hear about your SIL. Prayers headed her way.

• Like 5

Tragic news. My prayers are with your DSIL and all of you. 

• Like 6

Thanks to Rich for the Daily ,to Roy for the lists and to everyone who shared their photos of the port.

As a child my nickname was "Bookworm".  Still love reading.

@Mr. Bostonvery sorry to read about your SIL, hope she is kept comfortable.

@Vict0riannbeautiful Dahlias, thanks for photos.

Some sunshine and high clouds today, temperature 13 C.

Take care, stay safe everyone.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, richwmn said:

"I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that's 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says 'go outside.' - Demetri Martin"

So I'll finish up today with a reference to the Quote for today, on jigsaw puzzles.  1000- and 1500-piece puzzles were a focus of mine during the worst of the pandemic months in 2020 when we were essentially shut in our homes with no place to go.  I found them a good distraction to keep me off the computer, and hands busy.  By the end of the third month stuck in the house (except for going to work), I had completed seven puzzles...this photo went in my Company newsletter to share with others what our Pandemic Hobbies were:

TyabtafgZWi_Ow3jGUtiby6q4Y3KuRs-4Sz8URpth61cW5SRIMiDL6KnjIwbKREC-tLunLjvW7jt4Uon1MG9JAd-H8rwlNWdM1W6LxxhwpBCpGcLZoItsgY2KBrQVjPL7jA-KFVBeGrLlQ1HAWGxlPC78_Hija5kU3X80SApU6co9Y7E3UErq05BxJLwFrfh801AcFBRmSPV-oYrtQmpFNfY1-8ISJ9kg31KEn69aAK7Nmwvz8AHUYhmxnnaKnCaPysk8pFiTRFKHeuhvFlogLDDSzvDslNJsm6bAzktay_WNiZlszwcfaB0NEE_k40Qg2NE9tsL7LZM7eGQ_-CXJNfhhu1ryPh0HwrmMJGPE4R9BuwrTV_fAfgoIKQP6v5w9ncXr8Qe1Xm_LY7ovCdD11SFk-e3yq0YTEovmyEXcFuTM2UfsL2Im_Karho6UtKBPr8qs2WkS_K8f25ON_AUwbPz49RvY_glf-Kk4W79AASrfD3HfDi8-s4MCoqOH5dg1mQEom508oGsS0La6F9D2D5brVbioSECU5ndosyLIv0e3WJDouclQCKdaO5xq4EPmpI6KVoU_kBr8aTogRneWhb6Mx5PsAd1o0Z8TcOVkkI-6txHK6BK5CR6Juv0l3ZjPsc1YVejj8JFyMmmpFbqbc5x6KHPAcafiTvPS6zTHYcxmJtzwdfWUsqZNIwJtz8a3VT4NkCPHH4sN6YvDeiM6nc=w1170-h878-no?authuser=0

Since that photo was taken, I've probably completed at least another 14-15, including a round one:

m6g13ckb1ITVpY-dWKqp-EdN7nG_x5zbkbeA5kQq3bwSpVk59_RX0gE01nrfnh5TRZYjTvjlYk1_J9zCSh1Aa6xK-K0tFXVlgRpPOZnTkN2UgYeeGB9-j0JyH7tKSxw33wUn7_wEqkEr60xHMpE3UQPiLyf5JuuCPAAygi1EDpVj9CJfBFHZIASl8TiRwv6aneUM2yliQvfng1Iepv1BYPTqETaDf1i9GjGSSe4Bb4FDpkyTM9LA5zM3HIdeT_TfC43Lf6mKOgI56RDoZ349xVse7UxhxkIXky68nFAv5eZADsv2gk0P72MtAo811pI7WsnWpxeD1AhVao3s9IIXSiZgiGZ-QhnvNCQGd70zqHDs6cCOaxujfiRW7xgpT1q-vbgprpUFsdDhefcLp5rpZjJYrbkJAIMDdYzwG-ZwBssOqA1hxBhW47IUDvkT3J7pwtEy7w7mZX2hmJ0DUOAuYeI5rpDSDJfJ9U29RGqb7bK76wI1uReGu_In1R9wdDD8aNTu5Gio0BD0gaOmQ7Z1ruh-kyhbQo-rf7IKPR9AwHk2ttXS1eEznsxSgIJfGz2QSqgWnhSH6tX7CjX373Qg-Y5lmvsrfanwZTmC-8HFglhl4BGk5IY2g6tJBgmULuUVoMe1DAXqv-YCDq5pRd3sdDcAE19X5R8AJPQtgLtViL9rWDwtVsjed4HKduTY9O_biZfpu9RRdeTnGjsG32J3Ua8=w659-h878-no?authuser=0

Of course, my rediscovery of working jigsaw puzzles was actually sparked six months before the pandemic...while on the Eurodam.  Imagine my shock and surprise at finding this HUGE puzzle in progress up in the Crows Nest on day 1 of our cruise!  If I remember correctly it was a 4000 or so piece puzzle , and it appeared anyone could join in the work to finish:

rP0rOMCCrawcXDRstgSZD5uLgejWW295XQOgyBbuNOCtPDH0LPyaBOrn7qQeAbeHNgUROih0_hEcsS4wt1EYfCxDvry8l9iwB_88-rto10zaZ0WtHT0LYTyk7StKYBiFYVn7_T2l0LRvkw7wCcKq6rXmVxGk0q66co2Q8nebfbDHW45bWPrJLzogsT05uBhELcCnXvOzePN2nt7zCYYbiDCJuNKERzxyq92ejVjSvE7F1xBzUBq0P7UNF5qjlb0xrHHzURkd4-5QmEFu_i-CXkcUmlnnyLr7v6DISqeGA5X_bG8_sddTWERfm6EQZPesroEun8f7rrPAS3LsZHF9bv2B_AHHOhIih43pp39I5KLydlRV1KLRA2vT9o_GYrSm1ZYb9o469nSf4rdFMszhoWKyHUPtECCGxwuzE7_3XHQKEA2NUES1UxgxyCbUSmuL60WRXSmYAo2aLd7KcZX70QCg8pRh606OGXumk-QCvtzcxJybbkmEmAvcYn6OkQJh_MSx1hREAPIMefqaFDylw6kC-3x58ehGxJzdhOHmofLEHXqqN7qcpKaMmn1kJt4HXvBUDYIZCPEcPdKSAA8NJk33w3TBhdRm9VhOlKlZhYj-w3v0qRUhOTopRuHg_IBtWAq1yiAAvKHZ0MbFbQ1Pmbe9Iu1kM0EiIpvhbl4dIFKNEQwSRrQ71WhZnk0XZ43VothkTjBTvovRmCXKNVbliWU=w659-h878-no?authuser=0

• Like 5

9 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!! Beautiful morning here!!

I enjoy reading books and have a huge collection! I love the feel of a book in my

hand. Not into Polka 😐 but celebrating 

Indigenous people👍👍. We had an opportunity in New Zealand to stay with a family of Maori decent and had a wonderful 3 days with them!!

@dfish You should make a book of all the recipes from the first day you started this on CC!! 
@Vict0riannLove the photos of the Dahlias!! 
@StLouisCruisersSandi enjoying your photos! Thank you!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

We came back from Costco late yesterday afternoon and I wanted to take a picture of our pool again! So glad we have our friend who is also our Gardner that keeps up our house while we are not here.A lot of work is going on our little highway from Kaanapali to Costco and the airport!! It was stop and go!! At least we have a beautiful ocean to look at instead of cars on a freeway! LOL

image.jpeg.c9616c6e8801355ab4a1fe4b337d4d89.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Thank you Rich for our wonderful Daily and to our Roy!!! May all of you have a wonderful week! Most of all please wear your masks. So want us all to get through 

these turbulent times with Delta! 
🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo

Denise😊

Fantastic garden,pool and views.

Graham.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

I'm so sad to hear of your Sister in laws condition.

It is almost 10 years since my mam passed away quickly with the same condition which metastasis  through her body.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

8 hours ago, msmayor said:

So I'll finish up today with a reference to the Quote for today, on jigsaw puzzles.  1000- and 1500-piece puzzles were a focus of mine during the worst of the pandemic months in 2020 when we were essentially shut in our homes with no place to go.  I found them a good distraction to keep me off the computer, and hands busy.  By the end of the third month stuck in the house (except for going to work), I had completed seven puzzles...this photo went in my Company newsletter to share with others what our Pandemic Hobbies were:

TyabtafgZWi_Ow3jGUtiby6q4Y3KuRs-4Sz8URpth61cW5SRIMiDL6KnjIwbKREC-tLunLjvW7jt4Uon1MG9JAd-H8rwlNWdM1W6LxxhwpBCpGcLZoItsgY2KBrQVjPL7jA-KFVBeGrLlQ1HAWGxlPC78_Hija5kU3X80SApU6co9Y7E3UErq05BxJLwFrfh801AcFBRmSPV-oYrtQmpFNfY1-8ISJ9kg31KEn69aAK7Nmwvz8AHUYhmxnnaKnCaPysk8pFiTRFKHeuhvFlogLDDSzvDslNJsm6bAzktay_WNiZlszwcfaB0NEE_k40Qg2NE9tsL7LZM7eGQ_-CXJNfhhu1ryPh0HwrmMJGPE4R9BuwrTV_fAfgoIKQP6v5w9ncXr8Qe1Xm_LY7ovCdD11SFk-e3yq0YTEovmyEXcFuTM2UfsL2Im_Karho6UtKBPr8qs2WkS_K8f25ON_AUwbPz49RvY_glf-Kk4W79AASrfD3HfDi8-s4MCoqOH5dg1mQEom508oGsS0La6F9D2D5brVbioSECU5ndosyLIv0e3WJDouclQCKdaO5xq4EPmpI6KVoU_kBr8aTogRneWhb6Mx5PsAd1o0Z8TcOVkkI-6txHK6BK5CR6Juv0l3ZjPsc1YVejj8JFyMmmpFbqbc5x6KHPAcafiTvPS6zTHYcxmJtzwdfWUsqZNIwJtz8a3VT4NkCPHH4sN6YvDeiM6nc=w1170-h878-no?authuser=0

Since that photo was taken, I've probably completed at least another 14-15, including a round one:

m6g13ckb1ITVpY-dWKqp-EdN7nG_x5zbkbeA5kQq3bwSpVk59_RX0gE01nrfnh5TRZYjTvjlYk1_J9zCSh1Aa6xK-K0tFXVlgRpPOZnTkN2UgYeeGB9-j0JyH7tKSxw33wUn7_wEqkEr60xHMpE3UQPiLyf5JuuCPAAygi1EDpVj9CJfBFHZIASl8TiRwv6aneUM2yliQvfng1Iepv1BYPTqETaDf1i9GjGSSe4Bb4FDpkyTM9LA5zM3HIdeT_TfC43Lf6mKOgI56RDoZ349xVse7UxhxkIXky68nFAv5eZADsv2gk0P72MtAo811pI7WsnWpxeD1AhVao3s9IIXSiZgiGZ-QhnvNCQGd70zqHDs6cCOaxujfiRW7xgpT1q-vbgprpUFsdDhefcLp5rpZjJYrbkJAIMDdYzwG-ZwBssOqA1hxBhW47IUDvkT3J7pwtEy7w7mZX2hmJ0DUOAuYeI5rpDSDJfJ9U29RGqb7bK76wI1uReGu_In1R9wdDD8aNTu5Gio0BD0gaOmQ7Z1ruh-kyhbQo-rf7IKPR9AwHk2ttXS1eEznsxSgIJfGz2QSqgWnhSH6tX7CjX373Qg-Y5lmvsrfanwZTmC-8HFglhl4BGk5IY2g6tJBgmULuUVoMe1DAXqv-YCDq5pRd3sdDcAE19X5R8AJPQtgLtViL9rWDwtVsjed4HKduTY9O_biZfpu9RRdeTnGjsG32J3Ua8=w659-h878-no?authuser=0

Of course, my rediscovery of working jigsaw puzzles was actually sparked six months before the pandemic...while on the Eurodam.  Imagine my shock and surprise at finding this HUGE puzzle in progress up in the Crows Nest on day 1 of our cruise!  If I remember correctly it was a 4000 or so piece puzzle , and it appeared anyone could join in the work to finish:

rP0rOMCCrawcXDRstgSZD5uLgejWW295XQOgyBbuNOCtPDH0LPyaBOrn7qQeAbeHNgUROih0_hEcsS4wt1EYfCxDvry8l9iwB_88-rto10zaZ0WtHT0LYTyk7StKYBiFYVn7_T2l0LRvkw7wCcKq6rXmVxGk0q66co2Q8nebfbDHW45bWPrJLzogsT05uBhELcCnXvOzePN2nt7zCYYbiDCJuNKERzxyq92ejVjSvE7F1xBzUBq0P7UNF5qjlb0xrHHzURkd4-5QmEFu_i-CXkcUmlnnyLr7v6DISqeGA5X_bG8_sddTWERfm6EQZPesroEun8f7rrPAS3LsZHF9bv2B_AHHOhIih43pp39I5KLydlRV1KLRA2vT9o_GYrSm1ZYb9o469nSf4rdFMszhoWKyHUPtECCGxwuzE7_3XHQKEA2NUES1UxgxyCbUSmuL60WRXSmYAo2aLd7KcZX70QCg8pRh606OGXumk-QCvtzcxJybbkmEmAvcYn6OkQJh_MSx1hREAPIMefqaFDylw6kC-3x58ehGxJzdhOHmofLEHXqqN7qcpKaMmn1kJt4HXvBUDYIZCPEcPdKSAA8NJk33w3TBhdRm9VhOlKlZhYj-w3v0qRUhOTopRuHg_IBtWAq1yiAAvKHZ0MbFbQ1Pmbe9Iu1kM0EiIpvhbl4dIFKNEQwSRrQ71WhZnk0XZ43VothkTjBTvovRmCXKNVbliWU=w659-h878-no?authuser=0

Sorry to say, I couldn’t open your pics 😔