Princess new protocols till Oct 31 on cruise

jpj39

I never really considered canceling my August 22 cruise on the Majestic. The allure of Alaska is drawing me there. I booked this cruise near the end of July. Nine days later, Princess sent the emergency notification of the updated Covid-19 testing and mask protocols. 

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Will the TA cruuse go ahead, given the CDC ruling that 14 days has to elapse between cruises in international waters and allowing US passengers on board?  I can see Regal ( and Sky) re-positioning empty. 

I doubt if they will cancel Regal TA but Regal has some 3 & 4 day cruises on return to Ft Lauderdale that could be canceled.  Remember that the CDC CSO is actually voluntary for cruise lines in Fl as the governor won in court.

18 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

I doubt if they will cancel Regal TA but Regal has some 3 & 4 day cruises on return to Ft Lauderdale that could be canceled.  Remember that the CDC CSO is actually voluntary for cruise lines in Fl as the governor won in court.

What about the Sky TA leaving Southampton on November 5th, which I think is 14 days? 

27 minutes ago, spyro1952 said:

Virtually all cruise lines have firmly stated they will continue to follow CDC regulation regardless of Florida's exemptions. 

IMO if the CDC signals or hints in September or October that they're extending the CSO past November 1st all the transatlantics across all brands will be canceled, and sail empty

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jpj39 said:

Will you still sail or cancel? With the latest  princess sailing protocols effective Aug 15-Oct 31 2021

will most likely cancel our December cruise after the mask e-mail.....not going to walk around like a zombie....

• Like 3

We canceled our August 15th due to the change in covid restrictions last minute. If Princess would have helped with testing we would have keep our suite for that cruise. We were leaving for Seattle on Wednesday which forced us to find testing in Seattle. Just didn't want to take the chance.

• Like 1

We'll be sailing Nov 6, one week after the protocol expiration date. I'm glad vaccines and tests are required, I just wish Princess would provide access to the quick tests at port or give us 5 days to get tested. As far as masks go, I'd prefer not to wear a mask once we board, but we will comply with the requirement. If Princess extends that protocol date, we will sail. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am glad to see the testing protocols.  As the Vaccines are not always fully effective.

I think that the testing is important.

And the tests are not always fully effective.

It's time to start living with the Coronavirus strains that can cause Covid-19 because they aren't going away.  The vaccines are doing the job and are more effective/reliable than the tests.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The vaccines are doing the job and are more effective/reliable than the tests.

You are aware that being vaccinated does not stop you from contracting the disease,  nor from spreading it,  aren't you? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You are aware that being vaccinated does not stop you from contracting the disease,  nor from spreading it,  aren't you? 

That wasn't what I was saying in my post.  I was merely making the point that the tests are not so reliable when Wishing poster mentioned being happy about having testing as vaccines weren't fully effective.  Neither are the tests.

But we do have to start learning to live with this.  Do you really expect to spend the rest of your life wearing a mask in public and getting tested to go anywhere?  I didn't say to stop today.  

The impacts of lockdowns and such are rarely mentioned, but they are real - impacts on people and kids not mention livelihoods.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Do you really expect to spend the rest of your life wearing a mask in public and getting tested to go anywhere?  I didn't say to stop today.  

The short answer is, "No, I do not" , and I see you are now saying that you are now saying  not to stop today.  Once a significant number of the population are vaccinated, life can return to some sort of normality. 

• Like 2

We are booked on the Princess Sky TA on Nov 5th. I read Friday that Princess will test us at the pier for boarding. My question is how do we comply with the US requirement for a 72 hr test on arrival? As we will be at sea for 15 days will Princess test us before we arrive in Ft.Lauderdale?  

17 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

We are booked on the Princess Sky TA on Nov 5th. I read Friday that Princess will test us at the pier for boarding. My question is how do we comply with the US requirement for a 72 hr test on arrival? As we will be at sea for 15 days will Princess test us before we arrive in Ft.Lauderdale?  

Nobody knows what the protocols might be after Oct 31.....

15 hours ago, Shirt-man said:

We canceled our August 15th due to the change in covid restrictions last minute. If Princess would have helped with testing we would have keep our suite for that cruise. We were leaving for Seattle on Wednesday which forced us to find testing in Seattle. Just didn't want to take the chance.

I think cancellation was unneeded panic. I think you would have been able to find testing in a metropolitan area like Seatt;e.

• Like 1

Currently booked on Sky leaving FLL 12/28. Not all happy about masking but main concern right now is timing for test. 3 days out is Christmas so no testing then. Following day is Sunday--maybe available, maybe not. Several pharmacies in area offering rapid tests  with 1-24 hr turnaround but can only book appt a few days out. Currently all appts booked so worried it may be difficult to find an appt when our time comes, especially with lots of people doing holiday travel. Still have 1 mo til final payment so right now it's wait and see.

These latest new requirements are currently set to expire on 31 October. Our 20 November sailing has a final cancellation date of around 20 October, so 11 days BEFORE the expiration of the new requirements. We're among those who will not sail under these latest conditions, just not a vacation for us. My question: Would anyone hazard a guess on how far in advance of the 31 October deadline  Princess would be likely to announce whether the restrictions will be lifted or whether they will be extended. IOW what are your thoughts on the chance we would know by our cancellation date whether we're good to go. I'm very hopeful Princess doesn't wait until a day or two before October 31 to either cancel or continue the restrictions, but after all, they DID put them in place with very little notice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

These latest new requirements are currently set to expire on 31 October. Our 20 November sailing has a final cancellation date of around 20 October, so 11 days BEFORE the expiration of the new requirements. We're among those who will not sail under these latest conditions, just not a vacation for us. My question: Would anyone hazard a guess on how far in advance of the 31 October deadline  Princess would be likely to announce whether the restrictions will be lifted or whether they will be extended. IOW what are your thoughts on the chance we would know by our cancellation date whether we're good to go. I'm very hopeful Princess doesn't wait until a day or two before October 31 to either cancel or continue the restrictions, but after all, they DID put them in place with very little notice.

My feelings exactly. Our cruise is Nov 30th. For a full refund I need to cancel by Sept 1st. I just worry that I cancel and then they lift all the stupidity. We got a really good deal on a BB with good OBC. Never see that deal again. When we signed up for this cruise there were no testing requirements or wearing masks requirement. Just the vaccine requirement which we were good with.

Edited by phantomII
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, phantomII said:

My feelings exactly. Our cruise is Nov 30th. For a full refund I need to cancel by Sept 1st. I just worry that I cancel and then they lift all the stupidity. We got a really good deal on a BB with good OBC. Never see that deal again. When we signed up for this cruise there were no testing requirements or wearing masks requirement. Just the vaccine requirement which we were good with.

I hear ya'.   In our case, we have the flexibility of not  caring about a refund and are perfectly happy to accept full FCCs in lieu of a cash refund in taking advantage of Princess's 30 day cancellation offer. The FCCs for this trip, if we cancel, will simply go on to one of our other three booked trips, so no harm done.