Escargot--Yes or No?

Roxydog15

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Stop it Tee!!!  It is not Co-Hogs, they are quo-hogs.  And I thought you were much smahtah than this!  Then again you lived in western MA, if I recall, the language out there I always need an interpreter for.

Actually they are quahogs, no hyphen.😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Oville said:

Lived in NE most of my life, never heard the term “stuffies” until today.  Quahogs can be quite chewy but if the stuffing is right…

Like chewing on a bicycle tires...seriously....

Been in New England since the 4th grade, everyone i know calls them stuffies.

Perhaps its a north shore thing.  That's where most of my friends are from.

Edited by The_Mac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Mac said:

Been in New England since the 4th grade, everyone in know calls them stuffies.

Perhaps its a north shore thing.  That's where most of my friends are.

Nope, born at Mass General, never heard stuffies before this thread.

1 minute ago, The_Mac said:

Been in New England since the 4th grade, everyone i know calls them stuffies.

Um, I said chewy, you made up bicycle tires.

1 minute ago, The_Mac said:

Been in New England since the 4th grade, everyone in know calls them stuffies.

Exactly The_Mac, real New Englanders know stuffies, we also know that the North Shore is the REAL New England. 

Just now, LGW59 said:

Exactly The_Mac, real New Englanders know stuffies, we also know that the North Shore is the REAL New England. 

Yes you are right, the North Shore is the real New England.  Forget about 9/10s of MA and all of RI. NH, ME and CT, we don’t count.

OP so sorry, escargot is really very popular and as I said earlier probably one of the most popular appetizers.

6 minutes ago, The_Mac said:

Here's Legal Seafood Copley Place's Menu.

Scroll to the appetizer sections.

https://www.legalseafoods.com/locations/menus/boston-copley-place-menus/

👍, you win and it’s been fun going back and forth with you.  Now I know stuffies do exist.😉🤣

Edited by Oville

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Crumbs??  That is new on me for fried clams.  Always, always batter and deep fried with the juicy bellies of course and lots and lots of tartar sauce.  Who does not like a nice healthy meal in the summer.  If/when you find your way in MA again, highly recommend a trip to Woodman's in Essex.  Get a large basket of fried clams and you will be in heaven!

LG- I grew up in the Boston area and went to school there as well.  My family is all still there.  So I was used to Fried Clams as you describe.  With batter in MA.  Used to get them in Revere Beach or the North Shore.  When I go to Maine they offer Fried Clams with crumbs or batter.  Order with crumbs to get the traditional fried clams.  Order with batter to get a very coated bulky version.  See the example in the link below.

https://tasteandtales.com/clams/fried-clams-to-die-for/

7 hours ago, TeeRick said:

When you go to Maine do you order your fried clams with batter or crumbs?

For breakfast, I order a Lobster Omelette. For Lunch, I have a Lobster Roll. For Dinner, I have Whole Lobster

And that isn’t for just one day!

den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Stop it Tee!!!  It is not Co-Hogs, they are quo-hogs.  And I thought you were much smahtah than this!  Then again you lived in western MA, if I recall, the language out there I always need an interpreter for.

I was just pronouncing it for the non New Englanders.  To me, western MA is all areas to the west of Cambridge.  

• Haha 1

Oville, well it's certainly seeming like one of the most popular appetizers! I just can't believe it.  Any time he orders them, we never see any other plates going by.  I am so amazed at this response.

And I would definitely try baked clams, but I am a wimp and only like them chopped with lots of seasoned stuffing, and I'm originally from Long Island, NY!  Sorry 😉

6 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

For breakfast, I order a Lobster Omelette. For Lunch, I have a Lobster Roll. For Dinner, I have Whole Lobster

And that isn’t for just one day!

den

And lobstah eggs Benedict is to die for!

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

LG- I grew up in the Boston area and went to school there as well.  My family is all still there.  So I was used to Fried Clams as you describe.  With batter in MA.  Used to get them in Revere Beach or the North Shore.  When I go to Maine they offer Fried Clams with crumbs or batter.  Order with crumbs to get the traditional fried clams.  Order with batter to get a very coated bulky version.  See the example in the link below.

https://tasteandtales.com/clams/fried-clams-to-die-for/

Duly noted Tee, thanks!  Me and my husband are taking the downeaster up to Portland for Labor Day weekend, def going to see if I can find.  Love a new culinary adventure.