Escargot--Yes or No?

Roxydog15

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

LG- I grew up in the Boston area and went to school there as well.  My family is all still there.  So I was used to Fried Clams as you describe.  With batter in MA.  Used to get them in Revere Beach or the North Shore.  When I go to Maine they offer Fried Clams with crumbs or batter.  Order with crumbs to get the traditional fried clams.  Order with batter to get a very coated bulky version.  See the example in the link below.

https://tasteandtales.com/clams/fried-clams-to-die-for/

On Revere Beach you must of been going to Kelly’s?

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, Roxydog15 said:

So after years of giving my husband a hard time for probably being the only one who orders this in MDR, and that X stocks it just for him, thought I would toss it out there..

Do many of you ever order Escargot?

On our last cruise on Egde there was a gentleman who I overheard asking that he be served escargot every night.  He and his wife ate at the same time as us almost every night and I saw him being served a pan of them each night. 

I can normally have them once or twice but they are very rich.:

I have also seen and heard of this happening on Royal Caribbean as well as Celebrity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

On our last cruise on Egde there was a gentleman who I overheard asking that he be served escargot every night.  He and his wife ate at the same time as us almost every night and I saw him being served a pan of them each night. 

I have also seen and heard of this happening on Royal Caribbean as well as Celebrity. 

I have eggs Benedict for breakfast every single day of my cruise, on the balcony weather permitting, the butler loves it.  Funny I only have them when at home maybe 3-4x a year.  

40 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I was just pronouncing it for the non New Englanders.  To me, western MA is all areas to the west of Cambridge.  

Not true.  You have to get west of Newton before driving stops being 'Bumper Cars for Big Stakes'.  East of Newton, drivers seem to believe that cars on a 3 lane road can manage a rotary 5 abreast!

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Lobster, drawn butter,  don’t mess with perfection.😉🤣

Absolutely!  Funny thing, growing up here I only knew a lobster roll with Mayo.  When I lived in San Diego for several years, we came back and went down to the Cape and rented a house in Brewster .  For the first time ever, saw lobster on a toasted roll with butter, no mayo, omg never went back!  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Purplsmurf said:

LOVE escargot! Our last cruise was a 14 day TA. My husband ate them every night. I think I took a break from them twice, but otherwise ate them the rest of the nights. DELISH!

They are very good but way too much butter for me. 😉

21 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I have eggs Benedict for breakfast every single day of my cruise, on the balcony weather permitting, the butler loves it.  Funny I only have them when at home maybe 3-4x a year.  

I am also a creature of habit but eat mine in the dining room minus the Hollandaise sauce and with a side of corn beef hash if you please. 

im not g

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Absolutely!  Funny thing, growing up here I only knew a lobster roll with Mayo.  When I lived in San Diego for several years, we came back and went down to the Cape and rented a house in Brewster .  For the first time ever, saw lobster on a toasted roll with butter, no mayo, omg never went back!  

im not getting into the Cold vs Hot lobster roll debate....

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Yup, a lobster roll w/Mayo if you must.  But the butter roll not so much, I’m a lobster lover.  Sadly about 10 years ago started to have allergies to my favorite food ever and we are heading up to Maine on 9/11 for 2 weeks.😢

13 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Duly noted Tee, thanks!  Me and my husband are taking the downeaster up to Portland for Labor Day weekend, def going to see if I can find.  Love a new culinary adventure.

LG- we have a family place near Portland and have been going there for years.  A couple of weeks ago we dined in downtown Portland at Street and Company.  My son and wife (true foodies) told us to try it.  Extremely good!  We made a reservation about two weeks in advance.

https://www.streetandcompany.net/

10 hours ago, Oville said:

Yup, a lobster roll w/Mayo if you must.  But the butter roll not so much, I’m a lobster lover.  Sadly about 10 years ago started to have allergies to my favorite food ever and we are heading up to Maine on 9/11 for 2 weeks.😢

Lobstah is quite expensive in Maine this year.  But still worth it.  Our favorite seafood co-op market had fresh lobster meat for making our own rolls.  It was $65/lb.

13 hours ago, Denny01 said:

For breakfast, I order a Lobster Omelette. For Lunch, I have a Lobster Roll. For Dinner, I have Whole Lobster

And that isn’t for just one day!

den

What- no lobster Mac N' Cheese?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Oville said:

Op, escargot might be the most popular appetizer on Celebrity.

Yes back to the OP.  I think my dw orders for the garlic butter and bread to dip.  Yes there are a few escargot there.  I can do the same thing with steamed mussels and dip in garlic butter.  But unusual to get steamed mussels on a Celebrity ship.  But I think I have had them occasionally as part of another seafood dish in Luminae.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes RCCL has escargot on the every night menu too.