What is they change your cruise from 11 nights to 9 nightssss

Bjbilly

Well, for openers, I would expect a substantial reduction in price.  One would hope with a change such as that, one would be able to cancel.  Substantially different from what you booked.  I get port changes but not number of nights changes.  Call your TA or Celebrity and find out the answer.

1 hour ago, Bjbilly said:

If they change your cruise from an 11 night to 9 night can you cancel? I'm on Nov 22 silhouette & think this is going to happen & I don't want  9 night cruise

Call Celebrity or your TA; if you booked refundable and it is 90 days out you can cancel for a full return of your deposit, but you need to contact your vendor.

2 hours ago, Bjbilly said:

If they change your cruise from an 11 night to 9 night can you cancel? I'm on Nov 22 silhouette & think this is going to happen & I don't want  9 night cruise

We are on this cruise as well, where did you get this information and is it the beginning or end that will be chopped?

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

We are on this cruise as well, where did you get this information and is it the beginning or end that will be chopped?

There is no information about this right now.  It's only speculation based on the fact that, under the CDC's Conditional Sail Order, which currently is set to expire on Oct. 31 2021 (before your cruise), a ship that has been homeported and cruising outside the U.S. and that is going to start cruising out of the U.S. must have 14 days without passengers before it can start sailing from the U.S.   

The Silhouette, currently based in Southampton, is scheduled to return to the U.S. via an 11-night transatlantic that leaves the UK on November 1.  So, in the event the CSO is extended beyond Oct. 31 (and there's no way to know whether that will be the case, nor whether Celebrity would continue to follow it), some folks, including the OP, have been speculating as to what Celebrity will do to comply with that 14-day no guests rule before the Silhouette starts sailing out of Florida in November.  Cancel the TA and sail empty across the Atlantic?  Cancel the 10-night Caribbean cruise scheduled to start on Nov. 12?  And maybe then all or part of the Nov. 22 cruise?

At the moment, all pure speculation. 

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

And that is all it is can come up with so many different scenarios, ie maybe a meteor will hit the ship and it sinks etc.  Only can deal with what is happening right now and be flexible in this day and age overall.  Everything is changing hourly/daily/weekly at this time with all travel/work/life.  I am watching that cruise and might move over to it from my Nov 22 Connie one but the rate I have cannot be matched that I have at the moment.  I would assume Celebrity would allow you to cxl with no penalty if they change the days etc but I have never seen that scenario happen, it probably has and others might have seen it, maybe during a hurricane etc but who knows.  

4 hours ago, Bjbilly said:

What makes you "think" it is going to happen?  Might be helpful for folks to respond

Our Aug 8 cruise on the Equinox was changed from an 8 day to a 7 day cruise earlier this year.   We were given $100 OBC and the cruise price was reduced.   Or we could have chosen 125% future cruise credit or a 100% refund.

If they change the number of days on your cruise, they will notify you of options.  

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

There is no information about this right now.  It's only speculation based on the fact that, under the CDC's Conditional Sail Order, which currently is set to expire on Oct. 31 2021 (before your cruise), a ship that has been homeported and cruising outside the U.S. and that is going to start cruising out of the U.S. must have 14 days without passengers before it can start sailing from the U.S.   

The Silhouette, currently based in Southampton, is scheduled to return to the U.S. via an 11-night transatlantic that leaves the UK on November 1.  So, in the event the CSO is extended beyond Oct. 31 (and there's no way to know whether that will be the case, nor whether Celebrity would continue to follow it), some folks, including the OP, have been speculating as to what Celebrity will do to comply with that 14-day no guests rule before the Silhouette starts sailing out of Florida in November.  Cancel the TA and sail empty across the Atlantic?  Cancel the 10-night Caribbean cruise scheduled to start on Nov. 12?  And maybe then all or part of the Nov. 22 cruise?

This is how rumors get started, which somewhere along the line turns into fact, which somehow gets distorted into stories that claim facts which are in conflict with one another.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

This is how rumors get started, which somewhere along the line turns into fact, which somehow gets distorted into stories that claim facts which are in conflict with one another.

11day v 9 day, though who really knows?  Bjbilly seems to have provided only speculation.  Either way if 9 days does not work for you,, just don’t go already.

11 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

The Silhouette, currently based in Southampton, is scheduled to return to the U.S. via an 11-night transatlantic that leaves the UK on November 1.

I cannot see the Silhouette sailing the TA with passengers, as at the moment UK passport holders are not allowed into the U.S.

In fact yesterday, I even read that there is speculation that she will winter in Europe!!
I will take that with a pinch of salt though.😱