Vaccine Card Question

kikitaz

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Does anyone have a link to Fl state website or is it by County?

Florida is using Healthy Together app and does NOT include vaccination history - only covid testing and info about how to keep from getting it and what to do if you do.  Seriously, Florida isn't going to have a site that would prove your vaccination status.  Our state executive and legislative branches wouldn't support that.  

11 hours ago, canderson said:

My.  That was a surprise.  Every vaccination I've had in Colorado since 2013 shows up in the list.

Oops.  Looks like I'm overdue for my tetanus booster!

ca -better get it before your next sailing!!! LOL

In health and bon voyage

3 hours ago, hcat said:

""On 8/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, REEtired said:

Your vaccinations will also be on your Medicare statements"

This was helpful info as I previously mentioned...

Our Medicare EOB for July has both shots, place administered, date, etc. A lag in dates since our last shot was in Feb .,,

Not legal proof but back up nonetheless!

Does anyone have a link to Fl state website or is it by County?

County. I had to go to Marion County Department of Health and get a copy of my vaccination records. They could not specifically talk to me about my Covid vaccinations, because  of the ( stupid)  Florida law  , but those vaccinations are on the printout they gave me. So at least I have some backup to prove my cards are legit .

Edited by Smmessineo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, canderson said:

I was redirected to https://ciis.state.co.us/public/Application/PublicPortal

They sent an authentication code to my phone, and having entered that, I got "CIIS: Access My Immunization Records" which were easily printed.  As this is an official State of Colorado site, might actually serve as proof in the event that the card ever gets lost, but moreover, is a handy list of what you have/haven't had.

Thanks- I will give this a try- or I will give it a try after I have had some coffee.  

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Florida is using Healthy Together app and does NOT include vaccination history - only covid testing and info about how to keep from getting it and what to do if you do.  Seriously, Florida isn't going to have a site that would prove your vaccination status.  Our state executive and legislative branches wouldn't support that.  

This is not accurate.  At least for Central Florida.  All your information is logged in PatientPortalFL dot com.  This includes: Location vaxed, type of vax, and current status.  It also has a log of your covid test results (if you went through the county for your testing).

6 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

This is not accurate.  At least for Central Florida.  All your information is logged in PatientPortalFL dot com.  This includes: Location vaxed, type of vax, and current status.  It also has a log of your covid test results (if you went through the county for your testing).

I am in Ocala ( central Florida) and keep getting texts from Healthy Together that they have test results linked to my phone number ( from my preboarding test) and I should sign up with them to see those results. So maybe both these sites are available in FL ?. I will look into the Patient Portal you mentioned.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

I am in Ocala ( central Florida) and keep getting texts from Healthy Together that they have test results linked to my phone number ( from my preboarding test) and I should sign up with them to see those results. So maybe both these sites are available in FL ?. I will look into the Patient Portal you mentioned.

I'm not sure if this is specific for Orange county or not; but we have used it in the past when out of state and someone asked for info & we didn't have a cards with us.  We logged in and was able to show a digital record.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, canderson said:

My.  That was a surprise.  Every vaccination I've had in Colorado since 2013 shows up in the list.

Oops.  Looks like I'm overdue for my tetanus booster!

LOL  ---  we all must be overdue for Tetanus --- My doctor just told me I was overdue and scheduled it for me..

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

LOL  ---  we all must be overdue for Tetanus --- My doctor just told me I was overdue and scheduled it for me..

My bad (good!).  Just recalled that it's only once every 10 years, not 5.  I'm good for another 3.

Look folks, do not overthink this issue.  As I have posted elsewhere on CC, the current gold standard for Americans is the original CDC Vaccination Card.  That is what most authorities (around the world) expect.  Show them anything else and you are likely in for additional scrutiny and even rejection.  This post is based upon our most recent trip to Greece (just returned last Sunday) where our Vaccine Card was requested when we changed flights at Istanbul, when we arrived at Athens (ATH), and when we got on an Inter Island Ferry from Pireaus to Naxos (our documents were inspected by a Greek Coast Guard person since Greece is now using their military to make sure the rules are enforced.

Also consider that when you are out of the country it is possible that officials who are reviewing your documents do not have full knowledge of the English language and our various documents.  In the USA we are dealing with 50 States each with their own systems and we do not have any national standard other then that sad CDC Vaccine Card.  Given the current attitudes in our country it is unlikely we will soon (or ever) have a decent national data base.

Hank

• Thanks 4

I don't believe many are "overthinking it" @Hlitner
Rather, some are perhaps wisely playing "What if?".  Nothing wrong with a contingency plan in the back pocket.

Early shots didn't all come with the CDC card, and some are meeting some resistance from those early providers in having the original paper transcribed to a card.  Others wonder what options there are for lost cards.

If nothing else, some of us are discovering for the first time how and whete records are being kept.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don't believe many are "overthinking it" @Hlitner
Rather, some are perhaps wisely playing "What if?".  Nothing wrong with a contingency plan in the back pocket.

Early shots didn't all come with the CDC card, and some are meeting some resistance from those early providers in having the original paper transcribed to a card.  Others wonder what options there are for lost cards.

If nothing else, some of us are discovering for the first time how and whete records are being kept.

What you say is certainly true but is not necessarily worth much when you are dealing with officials who will only accept a certain document.   I have no solution for those that did not get CDC Cards with their shots and that is a tough issue for those involved.   Another issue are folks from countries such as Canada and parts of the UK that gave some folks mixed vaccines which are still not being accepted by some authorities.  We can all agree that everythin "COVID" is a mess.  What seems even more sad is that this mess will likely continue and those who want to travel must either find a way to comply with lots of varying regulations/requirements or consider an alternative to their trip.

And then we have the issues faced by the unvaccinated.  Their plight, in terms of travel, seems to be getting increasingly complicated.  

Hank

Revised wording today on e-mail from Celebrity for my 9/17 Cruise ---  May help others with upcoming cruises.   It is dynamic and each week the instructions are clarified a bit more and answer some of the concerns I've been reading about.    

Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination.

If you're asking about handwritten vs typed details on the standard CDC card, the typed/printed one is an outlier.  Nearly all sites were handwriting the details.

5 hours ago, cbfb said:

Any issues with handwritten cdc vaccine card? My husband and I went to different places. His is typed, mine is handwritten. 

• Like 1

Ours had stickers applied to the card and handwritten dates written by records folks at the vaccination center.  Our cards were looked at four separate times and photographed once during check-in.🙂

I think they are very flexible as long as it is the physical CDC card.

10 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

Ours had stickers applied to the card and handwritten dates written by records folks at the vaccination center.  Our cards were looked at four separate times and photographed once during check-in.🙂

I think they are very flexible as long as it is the physical CDC card.

Thank you!!! 

23 minutes ago, canderson said:

If you're asking about handwritten vs typed details on the standard CDC card, the typed/printed one is an outlier.  Nearly all sites were handwriting the details.

Great!!! Thank you. 

On 8/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, cruisestitch said:

And don’t laminate your original…it will make it harder to add the booster info

Wish I had the foresight to think about that back in Marchwhen we got our second dose and I laminated our cards after we got home. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a laminated cover the size of the vaccine card  on Amazon.. Slipped the card into the cover and stored in my  new Passport cover  made to hold  the vaccine cards.. Original is always accessible should it be needed. 

Edited by Missymo

55 minutes ago, ngrund said:

They look like they will open and close like a ziplock bag-is that correct?

I bought a very similar product on Amazon and yes, they are like a stiff zip-lock bag.  I bought a set of 10 and gave some out to other friends who travel.

Tom & Judy

On 9/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, TFree said:

I bought a very similar product on Amazon and yes, they are like a stiff zip-lock bag.  I bought a set of 10 and gave some out to other friends who travel.

Tom & Judy

That's so funny... we are also a "Tom & Judy" couple 🙂

Both the luggage tag holders and vaccine card holders worked great on our recent trip.  They never needed to open the plastic holder.  They  just quickly look at it and then allow you to move on in the line.  Super easy and organized.  We go the holders that open because we intend to get a booster when they are available.  I know there are conflicting reports about the need for boosters, but we figure it can't hurt (even if we get another kind of cranky day from it) and we want to be as safe as possible.

Tom