vaccine requirement

sharon&family

Just now, sharon&family said:

Is it ok to have the johnson & johnson vaccine?  I keep reading you have to have two doses and this is a one dose vaccine.

I can't find where its mentioned.  Has anyone been allowed on with this one?

Johnson and Johnson is fine. They are talking about the vaccines which require 2 shots.

• Thanks 1

Johnson and Johnson is the only 1 dose shot.  It is the easiest and shortest timeframe if you are in a crunch.  It is not approved for under 18  or in Canada so it is not an option for those groups.  I do think they are discussing a booster?  

1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Partly true. Full FDA approval for 16 and older. This also now puts Pfizer on the hook for liability now for anyone getting their vaccine.

and emergency approval for 12 - 16. A third shot. also emergency approved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Partly true. Full FDA approval for 16 and older. This also now puts Pfizer on the hook for liability now for anyone getting their vaccine.

After 100's of million doses given to date, it's very unlikely they will see anything new they haven't already. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Good, I need to know that they will be responsible for replacing my 5G chip if I start getting bad reception! 

Haha, I kid. On a serious note, I hope full FDA approval pushes my dad to actually get vaccinated. He was scheduled for his J&J the day they put a hold on it while they investigated the blood clot incidents. I think it scared him away, as he never rescheduled. *sigh* Parents, what can you do lol

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, sharon&family said:

Is it ok to have the johnson & johnson vaccine?  I keep reading you have to have two doses and this is a one dose vaccine.

I can't find where its mentioned.  Has anyone been allowed on with this one?

Yes, the J & J vaccine is also accepted.

13 hours ago, ano said:

After 100's of million doses given to date, it's very unlikely they will see anything new they haven't already. 

Tell that to people who were adversely effected because of lead paint, asbestos, teflon, zantac...just to name a few off the top of my head.

11 hours ago, tiffy0428 said:

another question: can you have one moderna and one pfizer vaccine

Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines; so yes, they can be mixed. What can't be mixed is a viral vector vaccine (AstraZeneca and Johnson) with a MRNA vaccine. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

What can't be mixed is a viral vector vaccine (AstraZeneca and Johnson) with a MRNA vaccine. 

Well, that is not true for some areas like San Francisco for example.

Here is a big problem going forward for people like me who got the J&J in the US. J&J said they will not have anymore data for the FDA until end of year best case. In addition, I think only 7% of the US population received J&J thus there will not be anyone getting data regarding switching from vector to mRNA (UK had data but for some reason US is not looking at it to make a decision).

Hindsight, I should have never listen to the CDC recommendation to get vaccinated with whatever vaccine was available when my appointment at. I should of held off for the golden standard of Pfizer 😞

23 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Well, that is not true for some areas like San Francisco for example.

Here is a big problem going forward for people like me who got the J&J in the US. J&J said they will not have anymore data for the FDA until end of year best case. In addition, I think only 7% of the US population received J&J thus there will not be anyone getting data regarding switching from vector to mRNA (UK had data but for some reason US is not looking at it to make a decision).

Hindsight, I should have never listen to the CDC recommendation to get vaccinated with whatever vaccine was available when my appointment at. I should of held off for the golden standard of Pfizer 😞

What I meant with "can't be mixed" is in terms of what cruise ships accept as vaccinated. Many people did mix astrazenica with Pfizer; however, from the cruise ship's point of view, they aren't vaccinated. 

• Like 1