Has anyone NOT had a problem with downloading and/or using the Medallion App

cjpj

I’ve have no problems with the medallion app and has used it on several cruises prior to the shut down.  I am booked on the Nov 3 cruise from the UK and have completed everything except for the final health check form. 

• Like 1

I had issues updating my address info.  Called princess they fixed it.  Most problems I had I found were things I didn't know.  Like some things are time based, you will not have access, but you see the access button all the time.  Like the other poster said don't try to use it far out from your cruise it will piss you off.  I'm 30 days out now and no issues. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cjpj said:

Good to know not everyone has problems.  Both my husband and I work in IT and we were frustrated to no end. I downloaded and worked with it first; he did his about a month later. Between the two of us, we have everything done now except the Medallions (probably because we have to pick up at the port, it won't let either of us finalize that step) and the steps that are too early - health screen, arrivals-departure groups.

We have Green for Medallions (Step 2) even though has to be a port pickup (Europe departure).  You can also complete the Health Status (Step 5), albeit you need to go in and do a quick update/certify just prior to departure date.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

We have Green for Medallions (Step 2) even though has to be a port pickup (Europe departure).  You can also complete the Health Status (Step 5), albeit you need to go in and do a quick update/certify just prior to departure date.

Neither myself or DH can get that medallion step. Is there a trick that I'm missing?

15 hours ago, cjpj said:

Neither myself or DH can get that medallion step. Is there a trick that I'm missing?

Not that I know of.  I just browsed a bit on the options and didn't select any.  Got to the end and $0 owed.  I think it may have defaulted to port delivery knowing our departure point was outside of USA.  It was a while ago.  That was a step I never had an issue with.

• Thanks 1

I didn't have any problems with the app after I figured out that I needed a new log-in (different from my Princess.com one though my husband used his successfully)  Having achieved the Green Lane for last week's Alaska cruise, I am in the Green Lane for both of my other cruises booked. I did have to watch one of the Medallion Mondays to figure out how to schedule Specialty Dining.  Also when they moved some information off of Princess.com to the app, they lost my emergency contact and Home City, so I had to call to get that communicated.  Maybe you won't consider that no problems, but compared to all the problems everyone else has had, I think it was just a learning curve.  I had just gotten a new iPhone earlier this year and think that helped.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 5:33 PM, Ombud said:

I had no issues within 1 month of 8/15/21 cruise for that cruise. I have no issue with my 12/8/21 precruise & 12/9/21 cruise except for items I'm trying to book too early. 

I'm finding out that being a little too anxious causes frustration when using the app

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 3

Hi .. I have no problems at all ... I simply am ignoring the App thing as I don't have a smart phone .. Great idea .. I will actually walk to whatever I want onboard the ship ...you don't have to do whatever the cruise people say ... and it isn't a help its a hinderance and there will be people head down tapping and smart phoning the App ...and bumping into the furniture ! 

I just thought of a great addition to the OP's question, wished I'd tho't of it when it was posted.  When you tell us of your success with the app, say what device you are using (Android or Apple), and what software or OS version.  Anyone had good luck with Android 8?

• Like 1

No problems on the first cruise I entered, a little hicup on the second, but uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and all my personal information populated the second cruise also and in two minutes I was green lane for that one too 🤪

Maybe they're finally working the bugs out.... 

On 8/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, trey420 said:

I had issues updating my address info.  Called princess they fixed it.  Most problems I had I found were things I didn't know.  Like some things are time based, you will not have access, but you see the access button all the time.  Like the other poster said don't try to use it far out from your cruise it will piss you off.  I'm 30 days out now and no issues. 

That is a terrible design. If the buttons cannot be used they should be greyed out or hidden until the time they can be used.

Got thru to payment with a bit of fiddling using Android tablet v. 8.  As others have noted, you have to make sure there is no glare on your passport for the photo, indirect light, both pages in the shot, then you get the green 'done" bar.  I did see a stylus emblum, perhaps for manually entering data, but didn't need it and didn't try it.  For security and profile photos it says you can take a shot, or upload them from your device.  I chose upload, but the app would not display the photos, empty screen.  So we pulled up the photos we wanted on the desktop computer enlarged to a good size,  and took pictures of them with the app/tablet, and they were accepted.  Have to reverse the camera to do that, button bottom right.  Not in a rush to enter credit card payment method for it to get hacked, but it has to be done before you can choose boarding time.

• Like 1

I thought I was having problems for weeks with getting the "white page of death" until I found out that I was trying to fill in the missing information for a booking that was transferred to next year from a cruise that was cancelled last year during the pandemic and we subsequently cancelled but still showed up on the app as one of our bookings.  I guess that's the problem when you have 7 booking showed on the app and the one I had problems with should have been removed.

With all that, I feel that I haven't any problems with the app for all my current bookings.