HAWAII MIGHT WANT TESTING EVEN IF VACCINATED

Ronnieslady

7 minutes ago, karylrocks said:

Yes, all of the protocols were extended through December 31. Waiting to see if Hawaii implements more restrictions or shutdowns of beaches/restaurants.

Shut down of beaches means no laying on the sand.  You can park your car and swim in the ocean. 

Today, outdoor groups of 25, indoor 10.  In July, we had 50-100 a day.  Then the state added "probable" cases.  Numbers jumped up to 800.  Our numbers are all over the place.  Who knows what it will be like in 2 more months.  Some are predicting much higher numbers.  It's pretty scary.  

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I thought they updated their sight on August 20, 2021 stating that protocols (vaccination and testing) were extended through December 31.  

Currently, Hawaii is not requiring Covid 19 pre-travel tests for passengers arriving by plane.  

This is true if you have been vaccinated. 

Not encouraging news.  I just checked the NCL Pride of America website.  First cruise is scheduled for January 22, 2022.  (In my opinion) she would be the first cruise to start in Hawaii (full island itinerary).  Sorry to share that news with you.  For those booked in November/December, I would wait until Princess makes a decision.  

That was announced a few weeks ago. Princess has continued to move forward with plans for Nov/Dec sailings so I don't know that they are making any other decision. I can see that there is a difference flying in and spending more days in Hawaii for POA passengers as opposed to four stops with Princess. As always, we wait and see.

1 minute ago, karylrocks said:

That was announced a few weeks ago. Princess has continued to move forward with plans for Nov/Dec sailings so I don't know that they are making any other decision. I can see that there is a difference flying in and spending more days in Hawaii for POA passengers as opposed to four stops with Princess. As always, we wait and see.

We are booked on the Nov 5th sailing on the Grand and we are hopeful that it will sail.

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not encouraging news.  I just checked the NCL Pride of America website.  First cruise is scheduled for January 22, 2022.  (In my opinion) she would be the first cruise to start in Hawaii (full island itinerary).  Sorry to share that news with you.  For those booked in November/December, I would wait until Princess makes a decision.  

It’s not looking good for Princess.  You would think NCL would want those holiday bookings.  They either know something Princess doesn’t or Princess is hiding or in denial.  Probably trying to hold on to the money again 🤨

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

In addition from last week... reported to the Hawaii Tribune

“There are no formally scheduled bookings for any cruises, at any commercial harbor, at this time,” said Shelly Kunishige, spokeswoman for the Hawaii Department of Transportation in an email. “Resumption of cruise activity continues to be conditional on operators meeting the conditions of the CDC order.” “Positivity rates and case counts will be considered, should any cruise lines look to discuss a port agreement as required by the CDC conditional sail order,” Kunishige said.

On Friday, Hawaii County had the worst test positivity rate in the state for the prior seven days, 8.0%, compared to 6.8% statewide. “At this time, we do not have port agreements with any cruise lines of the ports under our control,” said Kunishige, who added NCL or any Cruise  Line cannot sail under the CDC conditional sail order without such an agreements.”

Kunishige said the islands are “not the focus of cruise activity at the moment,” and Ross Birch, executive director of the Island of Hawaii Visitors Bureau, said it’s not certain when cruise ships will again dock at local ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NCL had cruises scheduled for November, December and early January,  but they cancelled them in August. I’m doubtful that Princess will be sailing there this year after what the governor said, but time will tell. I have a Hawaii cruise next year and I ‘m wondering if it will go. 

36 minutes ago, karylrocks said:

Yes, when I have checked there are no ships scheduled in any Hawaiian ports until January. I think Princess may be stringing us along or just overly optimistic.

That’s pretty much what I was saying a few post above. But mine was more negative. The stringing along idea is right on.  But why except for $

Yesterday I talked to a Princess representative that specializes in helping with the Medallion App. After telling me the App. was down for a while here she is trying to sell me the beverage package & or the internet package for a cruise that she knows darn well is not going to sail . It’s Nov.4 to Hawaii from LA. Then there’s one right after ours. Our final payment was the beginning of August.
I don’t have to wonder why Princess hasn’t canceled our cruise yet. It’s very  obvious.  

1 hour ago, Ronnieslady said:

That’s pretty much what I was saying a few post above. But mine was more negative. The stringing along idea is right on.  But why except for $

Yesterday I talked to a Princess representative that specializes in helping with the Medallion App. After telling me the App. was down for a while here she is trying to sell me the beverage package & or the internet package for a cruise that she knows darn well is not going to sail . It’s Nov.4 to Hawaii from LA. Then there’s one right after ours. Our final payment was the beginning of August.
I don’t have to wonder why Princess hasn’t canceled our cruise yet. It’s very  obvious.  

Princess started giving 100% FCC.  Then 50%, 25%, 10%.   Latest has been move over offers with an embarrassing Good Will credit (mine was $35 for a cruise over $5000).  I am curious to know what their "new" cancellation policy will be.  Does it matter if they send two 50% capacity ships over or fill one with move over offers?   Gone are the days they used to do b2b2b2b2b2 Hawaii cruises from 2 ports.  Now it is one a month from each port.  Pretty soon, it will be every other month.

Don't get me wrong, Princess still has one of the best Hawaiian Cultural programs in the cruise industry.  Hawaii is still a wonderful place to cruise to.  Those 9 sea days are fabulous.  AND it IS cheaper than flying over to get on NCL when you total both out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, karylrocks said:

Yes, when I have checked there are no ships scheduled in any Hawaiian ports until January. I think Princess may be stringing us along or just overly optimistic.

Princess has said they do not cancel until they are 100% sure it will not be possible to actually cruise.

• Like 1

We're booked on the 07 Nov, '21  r/t San Francisco to Hawaii.  Paid in full now.   Our port of call to Maui was changed to Kona, but otherwise, only email we've received is the one to encourage us to book a tour.

Curiosity had us checking to see how full the ship is... --not very--  there are a whole lot of unsold cabins on each deck.  Wonder what a 'cruise to nowhere' for 15 days would feel like  lol.    😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luv2cruisin said:

We're booked on the 07 Nov, '21  r/t San Francisco to Hawaii.  Paid in full now.   Our port of call to Maui was changed to Kona, but otherwise, only email we've received is the one to encourage us to book a tour.

Curiosity had us checking to see how full the ship is... --not very--  there are a whole lot of unsold cabins on each deck.  Wonder what a 'cruise to nowhere' for 15 days would feel like  lol.    😄

Heavenly...especially if the ship was at 50% capacity.😇

• Like 4

Our 60 day mark on the Nov 5th Grand sailing is sometime next week, Princess has during the entire pandemic rarely waited til the 60 day mark to cancel. Additionally with any short term Hawaiian cancellations Princess with need to fill those long btb 15 day Hawaiian stretches on the Ruby and Grand with replacement itineraries.. So I think judgement day if it's coming will be revealed sooner rather than later (hoping soon !!) . From a passengers point of view though I'll be disappointed with my Hawaii cancellation, I'd rather know now (soon as possible) so we can try and scramble to salvage vacation plans and dates, and at least try and rebook something if possible with the freed up paid in full funds.

Man we all thought these waiting for the hammer to drop cancellations were finally behind us... Guest I have one more to stress through, and hopefully this is the last one

2 hours ago, srpilo said:

Our 60 day mark on the Nov 5th Grand sailing is sometime next week, Princess has during the entire pandemic rarely waited til the 60 day mark to cancel. Additionally with any short term Hawaiian cancellations Princess with need to fill those long btb 15 day Hawaiian stretches on the Ruby and Grand with replacement itineraries.. So I think judgement day if it's coming will be revealed sooner rather than later (hoping soon !!) . From a passengers point of view though I'll be disappointed with my Hawaii cancellation, I'd rather know now (soon as possible) so we can try and scramble to salvage vacation plans and dates, and at least try and rebook something if possible with the freed up paid in full funds.

Man we all thought these waiting for the hammer to drop cancellations were finally behind us... Guest I have one more to stress through, and hopefully this is the last one

The various Hawaiian Ambassadors have been assigned for those cruises and are expecting to be working.  They have not been notified of any change as of yet.

They are all scheduled to work fewer cruises this season compared to normal, so I would expect that they will even be more disappointed (loss of income) if one or more get canceled.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 10:13 AM, luv2cruisin said:

Interesting in that the fares for our Feb cruise are significantly higher than when we booked in 2020.  One might think they'd be about the same if the ship is so empty.  My TA says so many are rebooking, along with credits from canceled cruises, that the prices don't look to be dropping any time soon.  We've been watching since we're thinking of adding that "value" drink, tips, etc package. But the new fares are too high for us.

I have a cruise to the islands in 2022.  I booked the day it opened.  Since then, Suites, Minis, Balconies, are all sold out.  Prices have escalated.  $500 more for interior (basic) than I paid in 2019 for a cruise over.  

If Princess cancels November/December/early January voyages, there's not much room for move overs in February/March/April.

• Like 1

Viking ocean just added a RT LA to HI itinerary for December. Two sailings.  They do not normally sail there. I’m booked in December with Princess and this makes me think that port agreements might be further along than I previously thought. This is a new market for viking and it would be unimaginable if they disappointed any new passengers by canceling. And if viking can sail Princess should as well. 
Yeahhhhhh right so……..

I have a 10 day Mexico sailing with Princess as a back up booked. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 1